Examination
660 1 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

JOIN THE DISCORD: https://discord.gg/zawF4jt5xw

I also have up to 20 advanced chapters of this story available on patre0n.com/xlucqs, with the lowest tier being £4 for 5 advanced chapters. Subscribing isn't necessary, but it is greatly appreciated. Thank you to everyone who had subscribed so far, I appreciate it!

Also, the first 3 chapters of my new story: Game of Thrones: Corvin Blackwood are on patre0n, and the first chapter of my new One Piece story is there too! Updates will be slow while I work on New Order, but after I finish this story I will turn my focus to those two!

Words: 2808

Also note: Akira's usage of his quirk it more profound in the future fights after this one.

=====================

He met Nezu first thing in the morning, and by first thing he really meant first thing in the morning. In typical fashion, he was forcibly woken up by Aizawa at 6am and forced to do a 10km run before he arrived at UA. The problem wasn't the 10km run, but the fact that he had no time to prepare for it.

Let's just thank whoever was out there that he didn't have morning wood.

He arrived at Nezu's office with a thick layer of sweat emitting from his body, sticking to him like a perfume. No words were shared between the two as he walked into the office, Akira just took a seat and moved his pawn.

It was roughly 10 moves in when Nezu broke the silence, "So, how was it?" A very simple question with a variety of answers, and he could tell Nezu was preparing for the perfect response to each of them.

"It was…enlightening. I did lots of things…went to the hero awards, trained…trained some more. I even fought a holy priest who could turn into a rock stone monster with wings." Akira replied nonchalantly, moving his bishop to try and check the king.

"PFT HAHAHAHAHA," Nezu started wheezing, his laugh sounding like a helium balloon. He paused to look at Akira, "You serious?"

"Do I look serious? America is wild, I tell ya man."

"Ah yes, the land of the free, I suppose it only makes sense."

"Despite all the craziness, it was a fun experience. I would really like to go there as an official hero next time, y'know, do my own thing."

Nezu raised an eyebrow, "And you might, depending on whether you pass your provisional licence exam."

Akira gave him a look, "I will, don't worry. All that bloody training will make sure of it."

"That's true…" Nezu tilted his head, "But before you take your provisional exams, you'll have to pass another exam, one given from the school itself. We call it the practical exams…and you will be fighting All Might."

"WHAT!?" He screamed.

Nezu showed no visible reaction, choosing to stay seated with the same smile on his face.

"So…" Akira started, "You're telling me that to apply to the provisional licence exam I have to fight the number 1 hero in Japan?" When he said it aloud, it sounded stupid, but given his circumstances and Nezu's nature, he wasn't all too surprised.

"Of course. It will be the perfect way to show all the progress you've made. It's awfully poetic isn't it, to fight the number hero who you will eventually replace? Well, if you pass the exam." Nezu cleared his throat before continuing, "The exam will be on Tuesday. Miruko will stop by where All Might usually patrols on that day, so All Might can spare some time for your exam." He explained.

Akira's hand shook violently, and he didn't know if it was due to excitement or nervousness, or a mixture of both.

"Tuesday eh? So I have two days to make preparations then? Looks like I need to use that time wisely."

Nezu nodded, "That would increase the chances of you winning, what do you plan on doing with that time?"

"Research." Akira grinned.

===========

Contrary to what Akira said, he spent the next few days relaxing, taking Cathleen's advice. He had thought long and hard about that conversation, and it was true. For the past 7 years he had been working himself to the bone, trying to train himself against a disaster he was unsure was going to happen, training against possible ghosts.

That was the problem with knowing the future. He knew All for One was out there and would become a threat in the future, and now with a new possible threat coming from the leader of the Holysee church, he was beginning to feel more and more desperate.

To tell you the truth, he was scared. Scared that he wouldn't be strong enough to save everyone, to save the people he cared about. He occasionally had nightmares about the very scenario, waking up in a cold sweat which chilled him to the bone.

Much of his days were spent training or getting stronger or even thinking of ways to get stronger. He realised he needed to stop and slow down before he ran out of energy. He was treating it like a sprint when it was closer to a marathon.

'You need to train, otherwise everyone will die.' A voice in the back of his mind said. He violently shook his head, denying the voice it's needs. This was his second life, and although he felt like he had an obligation to eliminate these threat's, he wanted to enjoy this life.

And so that led Akira to take up gardening. It was a very calming activity, almost therapeutic in a way. It allowed him to give his body much needed relaxation and rest, as well as take his mind off things.

He poured the plant's with some much needed water using his watering can. He smiled as he looked at the progress it made in the span of a short few days. He heard the voice at the back of his head, demanding him to train, but it was much less noticeable.

He tuned out the same voice, engrossed with his current activity, and he allowed himself a smile.

===============

"Young Akira! How are you today? You certainly look good, I can tell you have worked up some muscle!" All Might clenched his own arm, showing off his own muscles. They were massive, like the size of bowling balls.

He held out his hand, offering it to Akira. Akira took it, shaking All Might's hand in a strong grip. He noticed it was rough and full of calluses, but All Might took great care in his handshake, to the point it almost seemed gentle.

"I'm good All Might, last I saw you it was only for a brief second, before I lost consciousness of course." Akira said, a slight teasing grin on his face.

All Might laughed, "Haha! I'm sorry I pulled a fast one on you then young Akira. Although, I do hope those days as a vigilante are behind you, after all I did vouch for you too Nezu."

"What?" Akira was visibly shocked.

"Indeed! I vouched for your character Akira! Although you were a vigilante at the time, I could easily tell you had a good heart. You were dedicated towards saving people, which is the essence of a hero. That's why I suggest for Nezu to take you on as a student…and also agreed for you to become the next symbol of peace."

"You know?"

"Of course," All Might placed a hand on Akira's shoulders, covering most of it up, "As I said before, I vouched for your character. Aside from a few small bumps and mistakes which can easily be rectified, you are the perfect successor."

Akira smiled, "Thank you All Might," He said sincerely, "Those days are behind me. I will become a hero you will be proud to see."

Getting praise like that from All Might himself made Akira very emotional. All Might wasn't like any other hero, he was a true one who practically kept Japan in a reign of peace throughout his career. Akira aspired to even come close to him.

"I'm sure you will Akira! Anyway, we should be getting to the practical exams, how about we skip the long and boring bus ride and get there ourselves? It should only take a couple of minutes."

Akira launched himself into the air, making the answer to All Might's question clear. He left a large crater in the ground as he flew into the air and propelled himself forward.

He glanced down and saw All Might keeping up with him. He sent a challenging grin towards Akira, and Akira could only smile back.

As he flew, Akira kicked the air, causing his speed to increase drastically. His speed from a month ago in that race against Cathleen was a shadow compared to what it was now. His quirk was multiple factors stronger, causing his <Orders> to be much stronger.

After a couple of minutes of flying at a stable but quick speed, Akira managed to spot the location of the exam. It was the same location where Izuku and Bakugo fought All Might, which simulated an extremely large city with buildings at every possible corner, giving off the feeling of claustrophobia and paranoia.

He took a note out of Cathleen's book and landed as gracefully as he could. He smiled, seeing that nobody was here and turned to behind him. He couldn't wait to see the face of All Might when he realised Akira arrived earlier than him.

Akira grew impatient after a minute of waiting. He tapped his foot impatiently on the floor, crossing his arms, 'Why is he not here yet? Did he use too much of his time limit? Maybe he got lost?'

He felt a tap on his shoulder, and Akira swivelled around, only to find All Might standing there with a grin.

"Young Akira! I saw you arrive a couple of minutes ago, quite the landing! But when you landed, instead of coming to greet me, you looked the other way?" All Might put a hand on his forehead and gazed into the distance, "Is there perhaps someone over there? I can't see anything."

Akira pouted, struggling not to turn red from embarrassment, "It was nothing…Let's just get started with the exam All Might."

"Haha! Certainly! When the buzzer sounds, we will start, good luck Akira." All Might disappeared in a fraction of a second, much faster than Akira had seen before. Akira tutted, remembering that this was All Might, and even when injured a mere student shouldn't be able to beat him. Upon that realisation, he shivered. If he was this fast in his weakest state, then how fast was in his prime?

Now that he was left alone, Akira went over his battle plan.

'As much as I would like to fight All Might, I know it would be suicide, especially after that display of speed. He's about as strong as Cathleen. I will try to sneak past him to the exit gate and win through that way. Let's think about passing the exam before actually fighting All Might.' Akira nodded to himself, it was a sound plan, 'In that case…'

"⭐I have super speed⭐"

"⭐I have invisibility⭐"

He felt the energy warp around his body, increasing its speed and shrouding himself in an invisibility cloak of sorts. With this, All Might shouldn't be able to detect him.

*BUZZ*

He heard the buzzer ring in his ear, and he was off in an instant, taking full advantage of his agility. He dashed into a nearby alleyway, jumping between two of the buildings until he made his way up onto a nearby roof.

Akira grinned. He remembered his days as a vigilante, traversing across roof after roof throughout the night. He was hit with an overwhelming amount of nostalgia and familiarity, and Akira truly felt in his element.

He crossed building after building at an alarming rate, ignoring the constant obstacles that tried to stop the entrancing rhythm he had built. Each leap to another building built his speed even more and the silence of his footsteps. Before he knew it, he had covered half of the distance of the arena, but he still saw no sign of All Might.

'What's he playing at?' Akira knew All Might must have had something up his sleeve. He had underestimated him minutes before, so he wouldn't do it again. He had the option to either stop and maybe change he route or course of action, or to keep the momentum he had built up and try to get to the exit as fast as possible.

His mind gnawed at the possibilities for a moment, until he finally decided. When Akira's foot touched the ground, he carried on going.

After another minute of silence, occasionally accompanied by the sounds of Akira's short breath, he finally saw the exit sign, flashing in bright colours. His eyes lit up in excitement, the exit gate was right there! Victory was so close!

He glanced at his surroundings, 'No sign of All Might.' He noted. He still held onto the idea that All Might wasn't down for the count yet, but he had spent so much effort on his escape that he needed to take it.

With a deep breath, Akira launched himself off the building and towards the exit. It was the caution and nervousness that Akira built up over the round that caused him to turn around…only to find All Might face to face with him.

"⭐I AM INDESTRUCTIBLE!⭐" Akira screamed in a panic, cancelling the invisibility <Order> since it was now useless. Akira's forearms protected his face, and felt the full impact of All Might's fist as he was sent shooting towards the floor.

Akira was left in a large crater in the ground from the aftermath of the attack. He looked at his forearms which were a light shade of purple and beginning to show signs of swelling.

'Even when I'm Indestructible, he can he still hurt me this much? He really isn't holding back…'

Akira got up from his position, and the burning sunlight that he felt shine on him was replaced by a shadow, slowly getting closer and closer…and larger. Akira jumped out of the crater just before All Might impacted it with his leg, but the following shockwave was simply too fast for him to dodge.

"Argh!" He was sent back flying from the blast, but thankfully his indestructible <Order> prevented any damage. He got up almost instantly, but All Might was already in front of him, repeating the all too familiar words he had heard before from Cath in training.

"SMASH!!!"

Blood sprayed out of his nose, and Akira struggled to stay conscious as his body was sent flying through dozens upon dozens of buildings. Boom! Boom! Boom! His momentum was slowed as he crashed through each building, eventually coming to a stop as he impacted against a tough concrete wall.

He was barely a minute into the fight, and he was losing so badly. He wouldn't win at this rate…what could he do?

Kinetic energy manipulation? No, his body would most likely explode if he tried to absorb All Might's attacks.

Removing the Atmosphere? No, All Might would catch on and the exam would be over.

There were about a hundred things Akira thought of, but with none of them could he beat All Might with. He just seemed too strong.

'Wait…' His eyes suddenly lit up, a few possibilities in his mind.

Akira turned his gaze upwards. He felt the ground rumble, and a second later a screeching blast of wind pierced the landscape, turning the broken concrete to dust. It would have been the same for Akira had he still not had super speed and dodged the attack.

With all the concrete and stone gone, All Might was now visible. He had a sorry look on his face, but looked physically unharmed, "I'm truly sorry for going so hard on you young Akira, please give up, before I accidentally hurt you too badly."

Akira's response was to stare blankly at All Might. Then he laughed. It first started as a giggle, then got louder and louder, until Akira was laughing as loud as he could. A few tears left his eyes, he didn't know whether it was due to the pain or the excitement.

"You truly are the best All Might, there's no way I can beat you as you are now. Which is why I need to get stronger. During my time spent in America, as well as increasing the power of my quirk, I also thought of different ways to use it, you know? So instead of saying something specific to give me something specific, I need to give <Orders> that give me things that only multiple <Orders> could."

Akira cancelled his speed <Order>, and then whispered to himself. He felt the energy settle around him, around his hands, around his legs, around his fingers, giving him the most power than he ever had.

"I still haven't gotten used to controlling it, it's still a work in progress, but it should be enough." He muttered to himself, pausing for a moment before whispering to himself again. He felt the energy he had felt many times before warping around his body, but only this time, the energy had given a unique power, one he had not used often.

He held out his hand, a purple glow covering the entirety of it, "Let's see how you like the taste of gravity."

==========================

A/N: It's kicking off!

30