Overhaul
1.2k 3 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Words: 1687

JOIN THE DISCORD: https://discord.gg/zawF4jt5xw

Forgot to update on here, but I am officially on hiatus due to a variety of reasons. I will be back on the 20th November. Not including this chapter, I have 1 other chapter left to upload, so I will upload that tomorrow. Sorry about this, but when I come back I will hopefully be able to post 4/5 chapters a week until the end of the series.

============================

"All Might, give me All Might!" The shark looking villain screamed in a fit of rage, his voice booming across the city of Japan. Despite his cries, there was  no sign of the number one hero.

"D-rank villain Sharknado, stop right there in the name of the law!" A police officer who had witnessed the carnage in the evacuated area stood his ground with the most threatening voice he could muster, though it didn't have the intended effect.

"Huh?" Sharknado glanced down, looking at the man below him as if he were an ant. "I said give me All Might!"

*BOOM*

*BOOM*

*BOOM*

The scent of gunpowder filled the air as the officer let out three quick shots from his pistol, but to his surprise, each of the bullets effortlessly bounced off him as if his skin were made of rubber.

Sharknado briefly forgot his fit of anger. "Haha! Guns don't work on me! Most heros can't even hurt me, so take my advice when I tell you to bring me All Might!" Sharknado paused, holding his finned hand to his chin. He stood there for a minute, thinking, if barely. "Oh I know! Maybe if I take care of you, All Might will finally show up!"

Sharknado showed not even an ounce of mercy nor hesitation as he swung his gigantic fist down on the officer, aiming to crush him to a pulp. The surrounding civilians watching the scene behind the barriers set in place screamed and panicked, but just before the floor was painted red, there was a bright flash of colour that briefly appeared.

The fist slammed into the ground with a tremendous force. The screams of the people drowned out the noise from the impact. It was only a moment later that someone noticed the same officer set safely behind the barrier.

"Haha! Have no fear, for I am here!" With just one statement, All Might changed the mood of everyone watching. Relief flooded into the people watching, smiles automatically adorning their faces as they heard the familiar voice. Phones were quickly rushed out of pockets with their cameras beginning to roll, eager to record the footage of All Might defeating Sharknado.

"All Might, I look forward to crushing you." Sharknado grinned at the man he had been asking for.

All Might smiled back. "Well it won't be me you're fighting."

Before Sharknado could respond, Akira smashed into Sharknado, the impact causing ripples on his body. The force of the velocity and gravity enhanced fist did more damage than the bullets ever could

Sharknado dropped to the ground like a sack of potatoes, landing onto the massive pile of rubble that he had created moments ago. Dazed, he stood up, turning his immediate attention towards Akira with a snarl on his blue and white face.

"Argh! God dammit!" Sharknado screamed.

"I've already had my fair share of religious nut jobs, please don't be another one."

Sharknado lunged at Akira with zero hesitation. His building-sized body shot through the air like a bullet, arms extended and tensed.

"Gravity field." The area around Sharknado was enveloped in a purple like field. The effect was instant, with Sharknado eating a mouthful of concrete as the intensity of gravity forced him into submission.

Sharknado was stuck to the floor like glue, descending further and further into the earth. His body structure worked against him, as he found it impossible to lift up his body with Akira's powers taking effect on him.

Sharknado, trying so hard to force himself up failed to notice the fact he was exerting too much effort. Due to his inability to sweat, Sharknado couldn't cool himself down, causing him to fall unconscious, 3 feet under the ground. His body emitted a small amount of steam, carrying all of the labours of his wasted efforts. With Sharknado's defeat, a roar of cheers followed it.

"Wooooooo! Akira!"

"Akira!"

"Akira!"

All Might patted his intern on the shoulder, giving him a reassuring smile. "As most of you know, this is my intern, Akira, a new up and coming hero! Please give him a round of applause."

And that is what the crowd did. It started out as a single clap, slowly getting louder and louder and more frequent as more people joined in. Soon, the claps were deafening, drowning out the noise of everything else.

"Thank you all for your continued support, but crime never stops, we must go!"

When they were finally out of sight of the gazing eye of the public, All Might leaned against a wall, panting heavily.

*POOF*

A giant poof of smoke appeared, dissipating a moment later, revealing a skinny and scraggly old man. All Might wiped a small amount of blood off his mouth, continuing to lean on the wall for support.

Akira held his shoulder to support him,  "Are you ok All Might? You've been pushing yourself quite hard lately."

"I'm fine." All Might replied dryly.

It had been a couple of months since Akira had passed his provisional licence exam. Shortly after he had gotten an internship with All Might and been taken under his wing. Along with the privilege of working under All Might came knowing his secret of only being able to use his hero form a couple of hours a day.

Akira of course knew this information already, and had to fake a reaction which All Might seemed to buy.

Ever since Akira had become All Might's intern, he had spent his days doing what All Might usually did. From fighting with him to posing with him, even to interviews on late-night talk shows. It was due to this that Akira had grown vastly more popular on social media. Slowly but surely, the idea of Akira becoming All Might's successor was being implanted in their head.

Although Akira was not bothered about the publicity, he found it nice he could chat with his own fans in his free time. It was slowly becoming a hobby of his alongside his gardening.

"Are you sure All Might? I'm learning from auntie about medicine and how to perform surgery. Although I can't just magically give you your lung back, with some surgery and a few <Orders> I could get you back to tip top shape." Akira explained.

All Might smiled, "That sounds like a plan. Take your time with your studies, Akira. Sorry about that ,I'm ready now."

Gone was the broken man that was kneeling down, leaning on Akira for support, and back was the strong man standing on his own two feet with a determined look in his eyes. He was still in his skinny form, but he had the demeanour of All Might.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah," All Might nodded in response, "I still have another hour left in me."

Akira opened his mouth to protest, but the words quickly caught in his throat. He knew how headstrong All Might was, if he made a decision, then he would see it through.

They walked through the streets of Mustafu, waving at passersby's who had recognised them. If there was one effect All Might had, then it was that crime was at an all time low in the area he was in. Even a rumour that All Might was in the vicinity would be enough to force the villains into hiding.

5 minutes later, Akira was licking his lips clean from his donut as All Might began telling stories about his past experiences.

"...So that's the story on how I beat Liplacer by allowing him to kiss me." All Might grinned proudly.

Akira had no words. "Wow…that was…wow…" He stammered, trying to speak.

"Yeah, that's usually the reaction I get with that story. Always great to tell at parties and talk shows. I've probably made Liplacer 10x more famous just by telling the story so many times." All Might cleared his throat, "You wanna hear another story?"

Akira replied straight away. "No I do no–"

Akira felt a small bump against his leg. It was small, barely noticeable, but just enough for Akira to turn his head and look down at the source. His eyes widened as he did so.

The figure that bumped into Akira was tiny. She barely reached Akira's knees, and she had a hollow sunken face and pale white skin that made her look like a ghost. Areas of her body like her wrists and ankles were wrapped in bandages like a mummy, but her most recognisable feature was the horn on the right side of her head.

Akira immediately tried to calm himself down, knowing he couldn't mess this up. "I'm sorry little one." He patted her on the head, barely managed to hold himself back as he noticed her tremble under his touch.

He whispered something to himself. The girl meekly nodded, not noticing as she kept her head down. She twiddled with her bandages, and only managed to muster up the courage to look up a few seconds later. Seeing both Akira's and All Might's reassuring smiles must have sparked up some courage in her, as she started to speak.

"Please hel–"

"Now now Eri." A voice cut her off, leaving the words to die in her throat and her face to turn into horror, "Don't go bothering the nice heroes." He looked towards the heroes in question, "All Might and his intern, it's nice to meet you, I'm a big fan." His face wrinkled as he smiled under the mask.

He looked towards Eri who shuddered under his gaze, "Sorry about my daughter, she is very…clumsy, aren't you Eri?"

Eri nodded, her voice rendered mute like she never had one to begin with.

Akira shook his head. "It's no problem, I know what kids can be like." He checked his watch, "Anyway, crime doesn't stop itself, I'm afraid we must be going. You have a nice day now. You and your daughter."

Chisaki smiled. "You too, me and Eri will be supporting you from the side lines." He placed a hand on Eri's shoulder. The girl visibly tried to move away, but Akira had already turned around.

29