Side Chapter 3: Irregular Rejects In A Regular World
2.7k 7 93
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Side Chapter 3: Irregular Rejects In A Regular World

Silence overrode the abandoned church, it was peaceful in a sense but if one knew what was going on here they would immediately say the silence was testament to the evil things being done here. A sacrifice was to be done to resurrect a devil, a devil who could turn the graveyard into a necropolis if it wanted to. The Black Hand wanted to resurrect this horrifying demon to fulfill their wishes and make the world know the terror of the undead. They had captured young maidens who were also virgins, their devil god would awaken and feast on their bodies. The moonlight seems almost divine in a certain way the cultists smile upon its rays as the full moon is just above the church. One of the cultists lift up the knife and is ready to plunge it deep into the chest of one of the girls who is crying tears, her blood was to be the first amongst thirteen others but then the knife stops right before it comes close to her chest. The cultist hears a crack above him and stares at the colored glass which shatters into pieces as a lone figure drops from above right on the altar where the girl is. The white haired youth wearing a black leather overcoat and clothes beneath slowly rises her head revealing her green eyes slowly dying themselves in darkness as they turn red. She immediately points the black object in her hand to the cultist who was about to stab her and a loud bang is heard as a hole is made in his head. This prompts the other cultists in the room to run towards her who smirks as even more bangs are heard with the youth leaping off from the altar. Bodies drop like flies as they approach the girl aimlessly with fury that could be on par with a demon’s but it is all useless in the end as she continues to kill them efficiently as possible.

“HOW?!HOW ARE YOU KILLING SO MANY OF US IN SUCH LITTLE TIME AND WHY ARE WE NOT COMING BACK AS UNDEAD TO KILL YOU?!”

“Because my friend has purified this place and he made sure to block everyone’s magic as well as sap mana to become his own. A fairly good measure for this sort of thing. And it looks like its the end of the road for you bunch”

She crosses her hands with her weapons in her hands and begins to shoot once more at them, one of them teleports behind her but before he could do anything with his drop sword attack she shoots him right in the forehead, leaping backwards she lands on his corpse and propels it forwards shooting all of the cultists in the seats with holes being found in the skulls. She finally jumps off from the corpse that hits a dead end reaching the leader whom she shoots a couple of times before landing on the ground.

“It can’t be….I am to die here…”

“It can’t be that easy can it?”

“I SHALL BECOME IMMORTAL WITH MY OWN LIFE FORCE!!”

“There it is, hey Ryou-kun your cue is now”

“Right”

Another crash is heard as another girl breaks through the colored glass with a massive sword in her hands, the sword is shining like the moonlight itself.

“IT CAN’T BE?!THE MOONLIT DAWNEATER?!HOW DID YO-?!”

“Dead men do not speak from the grave”

He is cut in complete half before he is allowed to speak any further. 

“That was beautiful by the way”

“Thank you”

“You seemed pretty cool”

“Ehehe~”

“Seriously though you look even more feminine”

“Ah”

“Anyway we need to untie these girls, also Mochizuki-kun and Minami-chan?”

『Yes?』

【Is something wrong Chloe-san?】

“Both of you did great, we wouldn’t have been able to defeat this cult group without you guys”

『Ey, no problem. I am proud to be with you guys』

【Ehehehe you can praise me more you know?】

“Well then that wraps it up”

“Don’t be hasty Ryou-kun”

Chloe takes her two guns and combines them together forming a flame-thrower with Ryou stepping back a bit as she torches the cultist leader’s body. With the sound of a soul screaming as it is sent down to the very pits of hell itself she smiles as she turns too Ryou.

“Yup now its all wrapped up”

“You’re scary Chloe, you know that?”

“I know”

The adventurer’s guild is often filled with talent, but most of it is unrealized and never found. One thing is certain, when talent is discovered it is immediately hated such was the case for the rookies who were climbing up the ranks of being adventurers within several days entire monster populations were reduced to a number that was manageable , cases were solved without a hitch and their name became very famous. A group of four, 3 girls(?) and 1 boy made a name for themselves and that name was Dusk Rulers. Rem was having a headache with the kids that Yukiyo brought with her suddenly, they were just as abnormal as her and had similar Eastern sounding names excluding one. The vice guild master, Tali was sighing as he read the papers, he was an elf with blue hair and eyes wearing the same uniform as Rem. These kids were as abnormal as that dark elf and her dragon.

“They finished another case didn’t they?”

“Yes, the cultists who have been evading us all of this time are dead in the ground. It has been confirmed by the knights of the order”

“Where is Yukiyo finding these gold mines?”

“That we should not ask, I was thinking about how they made the nation safer all of a sudden without any ulterior motives”

“They have an ulterior motive alright and that is to gather information about the heroes who have been summoned by the Cornea Empire”

“Why?”

“My guess is that they came from the same place and got displaced during the summoning, that or they are Yukiyo’s way of telling us that we should have no problems even if a group of heroes invade us”

“I would like to believe the former”

“Same here. She’s been gone for an awfully long time, is it because she was training these kids?Because they seem to relate to her as a older sister figure of some sort”

“You’re on the mark Rem, I believe so too”

Tali looks at the relaxed faces of the kids who are leisurely eating and chatting in the dining hall with a remote viewing spell.

“They have something to prove, those kids. And it is only responsible for us adults to allow them to do it”

“Indeed”

“How are the plans being forwarded?”

“The demons have agreed and are looking forward to talking with us as long as their princess is back”

“I see, so that leaves the beastkin and the elves”

“Yes. For the beastkin we have Yukiyo who has her two Fenrirs, that in of itself is a mega advantage. It will be a cakewalk”

“I know the elves do not trust dark elves one bit”

“She’s different, I wouldn’t be surprised with she has met a god or two”

“HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!”

Tali laughed loudly as he looked at Rem whose face was serious as ever and then he stopped immediately.

“You’re actually serious?”

“That dark elf is a different class. I can see an infinite potentiality inside of her, she has power that can definitely shake nations, no, this world even”

“Is that what your intuition telling you that or the skill World Observer”

“Both actually.”

“I see, then I would have to talk to her some time.”

“Please do and if you can try to analyze her with your skill”

“I will.”

“So everyone got gathered up in the Cornea Empire, how convenient”

Ryou said with a smile on his face, from the time that Yukiyo left them here it had been opportunity after opportunity they had been gathering information regarding the heroes who were their classmates. The work of an adventurer often had investigation work so they had their favors paid by information broking, Chloe ate her meat cleanly with a intense gaze as she smiled.

“I am ready to repay those bastards”

“Will you kill them Chloe-san?”

“No I will merely beat them up so bad their spirits would be crushed”

“Same here, with the power I have Mochizuki-sama will no longer be known as piggy!!”

“I just want to teach everyone who bullied me a lesson before figuring a way back home or at least a way to summon Mom”

“Ryou-kun is so wholesome”

“Indeed”

This was their goal with the heroes of the Empire, to crush their spirits so bad that they wouldn’t want to try to defeat them. 

“But if Yukiyo does that instead of us, then I would be truly sad for them” 

“That woman is greater than a violent typhoon with a earthquake on top and a volcano eruption in terms of power”

“Agreed”

“What do we do next after this?”

“Excuse me”

A blue haired elf walks up to their table with a faint smile on his face.

“How about you enroll in the Magic Academy for your next rank up. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity and if you do it, you will be granted access to information that top tier S and A rank adventurers know. What do you say?”

Another opportunity showed itself to the group of four who were about to make the world know of their name even more. Of course they accepted. 

93