ADAD Chapter 6: Sorting, part 4
62 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

ADAD Chapter 6: Sorting, part 4

 Prisila stood straight before her instructor, a rapier in her hands. Gideon Handriel smiled at her, and brought his hand down. She was off in a flash, and jumping at the dummy. It was beheaded in two slashes of the rapier, and she managed to stick the dummy in the stomach, before the whistle sounded. 

"Very well, princess," the rogue instructor praised, and then noted something in his clipboard. "I think you will do excellent in the rogue house. However, your father had some wishes, concerning your education."  

Prisila wiped the sweat off her brow, and turned around to stare at the elf. Her father had not said anything about any electives that she should take. This was the first time she was hearing about it. 

"Which electives do my father want me to take?" Prisila asked, and Gideon flipped his clipboard to a different page. 

"Well, he wants you to study economics, as your main elective," Gideon said, and Prisila groaned. 

"I want to be a world-renowned rapier wielder," Prisila argued, but Gideon just sighed. 

"And you will be, my princess, of that I have no doubt. But you must think about your future. Your brother will be the one to inherit the kingdom of Baskia, not you. You can't expect to live from fighting competitions alone," Gideon told her, and her shoulders slumped. 

"I suppose," she murmured, and then nodded to herself. "So, economics, what else?"

"Business management, with the focus being on large undertakings," Gideon said, and then continued to read. "You should also have ruling classes, as you might be given land by your father, or at least, that is what he hinted at when we spoke." 

"Oh..." Prisila was confused. It was not normal for the girls in the Vicente family to inherit land. 

"Now, the other two electives will be rogue training, of course. You have talent, when it comes to your rapier skills. It will be a waste to not nurture it," Prisila smiled at the words, and her smile widened at the next words. "Adding to that we will have Charisma as an elective, as you will need to be very convincing, if you want to become a proper lady." 

"Charisma?" Prisila gasped, as she bounced lightly on her feet. "That is great! People can use charisma to fight." 

"Yes, well, then you will love your final elective. Your father is of the mind to get you through our hardest elective: diplomacy," Gideon expected many things, but a groan was not one of them. 

"Can't I take Pegasus flying lessons?" Prisila whined, and the elf chuckled. 

"That is a club activity, of which you can have three. Now, I am not supposed to say this, but your brother and his soulmate already took swimming. Wouldn't you like to take it instead?" Gideon asked, and Prisila became thoughtful. 

"Wait, if I am taking charisma, shouldn't I be taking meditation as well?" She asked, and Gideon nodded. 

"That is also a club activity. Something that one Darius Loreth takes," Gideon said, and Prisila nodded. 

"Three clubs, right? Then Pegasus riding, swimming, and meditation," she said, and then worried her bottom lip. "Can I say what I want my mastery to be in, now?"

"Well, not really. Mastery is done only in the main elective. Would you feel comfortable learning economics for one hundred years?" Gideon watched as Prisila's nose scrunched up. "Before you answer, know that your brother has already picked Ruling as his first Mastery." 

"He has?" Prisila asked. She had waited for five hours, before she was called by Gideon. So, her brother and Darius were already sorted. 

"His words, as told by one Haru Nobura were, that he couldn't learn ruling in five years. Can you learn economics in five years, my princess?" Gideon asked, and Prisila gave out a defeated sigh. 

"My second mastery will have to do with the rapier," she proclaimed, and then continued on. "But my first one will be economics." 

"Very well," Gideon jotted that down, and smiled brightly. "We are done here. I look forward to seeing you during the first class." 

Prisila bowed, and walked out of the classroom. She saw Harvey waiting on the other side of the door. 

"I got in the rogue house," Prisila stated proudly. 

 "Really? Oh, I hope for the same. Must be nice, to be under the tutelage of Gideon Handriel," Harvey said wistfully, and then heard his name getting called. "Well, I will be off." 

"Good luck," Prisila said, waving at the Fey for goodbye. She hoped he ended up in the rogue house, so she had at least one familiar face in there. Even if the Fey had been rude last night, when he asked her and Anastasios to show their fangs. A pixie waved at Prisila, and motioned for the vampire to follow her. 

Prisila did so, and soon, she was before the library. Entering it, she was led by the pixie to the front desk. 

"One standard textbook package, with the electives: economics, business management, ruling, charisma, rapier wielding, and diplomacy. Three club badges: Pegasus riding, swimming, and meditation. Plus, the manual about Pegasus care," the pixie said, and the librarian pressed a button, and all the books and badges appeared on top of her desk. 

"Here you go. Enjoy your stay in the library, and keep quiet," the librarian told Prisila, as the girl collected the textbooks. 

"Thank you," Prisila said, and then looked for a name plate with the librarian's name. "Ms. Dew." 

"You are welcome, Miss Vicente," Prisila's eyes widened, as the librarian said her name. But she got a grip on herself, and waved with her free hand, and looked around for a free table. Many were already taken. When she saw Darius, Anastasios, and another chubby boy next to them on a table, she all but skipped towards them. 

"I got in the rogue house," Prisila whispered, when she neared them. 

"Rune house," Darius said, not surprising her in the least. 

"Martial Arts House," Anastasios stated proudly. 

"Magical Beasts House, and my name is Noah," the chubby boy said. Darius sniffed the air then, and his eyes widened. He looked between Prisila and Noah, and then at Anastasios. His tail began to wag, and Prisila's eyebrow rose.   

8