2-20: Return
104 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Terra

Quaza was coming. The guards had given warning so we could put together a feast, for the successfully completed mission. One we hadn't gotten since, well, Hayli and Caela's mission had been a failure. I was preparing myself for the awkwardness of explaining to her why and how her friends had brought home a human while also helping Nana in the kitchen. She was terrifyingly adept in this world, the chef even letting her order his sous chef around. I was meanwhile stuck cutting everything that came my way, with only a simple order on which way I should. Nana was yelling at some poor sap to be careful with a large pot of oil she was carrying and leaning next to me as I sliced potatoes as thin as I could for the head chef to bake. 

"Zurah says you haven't been bringing soiled bed linens to the wash as often."

I rolled my eyes, "Yeah, we've been undressing the bed and just soiling the mattress."

"Funny. Wow, those are thin."

"Yeah, that's the point." I replied handing the pile of potatoes back to the head chef who left to arrange them into a casserole or something. "So. I know what I'm doing, but what are you and Zurah planning on doing?"

"Well, Zurah has a job, and the rooms here are nice so, I guess I'll just help out you and your girlfriends and sister."

"Girlfriend."

"Sure, sure." She winked at me. "Now finish up dicing those peppers."

I finished up and left, joining Caela and Hayli in their waiting at the table, sitting down with a glare. "Wow, you seem like you've both been working hard."

"Not our fault you don't have a royal title." Caela replied.

"I'm going to eventually, you know."

"And we did work. We picked out the tablecloth and dishes."

"I could tell by how ugly they are."

"Terr-Terr, no offense but you couldn't tell what a good table setting was if you went to school for it."

"No offense, but there's no way to take that but to be offended, Hay."

There came a knock and the horned head of Zurah peaked in, "Uh, they're in the throne room reporting. Terra, how was the meal?"

"The starters were ready when I left."

"Good enough." She closed the door and left.

"Terra, you should get ready then. Wash up, get the dress I picked out for you."

"Yeah, Terra, you should listen to your girlfriend."

"Caela, I know she bought that dress for you."

"Shut up."

 I made my way out of the room and back to Quaza's room. I figured I had twenty minutes to get ready, so I stripped bare and hopped into the shower and cleaned up before sadly drying myself off by hand. I was a bit too spoiled by Hayli's magic in that regard, huh. Anyways, I got ready, hair, makeup, dress, all that as well as I could by myself and made my way back down the hall. I could hear voices in the dining hall, and none from the throne room. 

I stood, paused outside the door, ear to the wood listening to the unintelligible murmurs of words. I guess I was nervous. I mean, not only would I be a stranger to a third of the dinner guests, but I was late also. I hated entering late- especially if I had no way to sneak in and act like everyone had missed me being there the entire time. If there wasn't the damn door in my way, I'd be in there by now, hoping no one called Quaza or Nox talked to me, but not there had to be the barrier in my way.

I shook my head and place my hand on the handle, and with a deep breath to steady myself and opened the door, announcing myself with an "Excuse me" said at a volume that I wasn't sure anyone could hear. I snuck over to the empty seat next to Hayli, trying to avoid looking at the table. Of course, expecting to be left alone, unnoticed was too much to ask. It took not but a few seconds after sitting down that that familiar voice, asked:

"Hayli. Who is the lady hiding her face behind you?"

"Her? Well, no one special. Just my girlfriend, Terra Atlusia Thornell."

"You... got a girlfriend- wait, hold on. Atlusia Thornell?" She paused. "Nox?"

"Show your face, please." Nox asked of me. 

I slowly straightened up and turned to face them trying to keep a look of calm upon my visage. The two stared at me, looking me over like a prized donkey at a livestock auction. I couldn't see anything in their eyes, no recognition and yet no lack of recognition.  It was odd, and I wasn't sure how to feel about it.

"She does look a bit like... my mom. Not exactly. And she has Earth's eye color. And his middle name. And last name."

"I see. But you know no Terra?"

"Do you?"

"Well- I mean... you remember when Earth was sent here?"

"Of course. Mom and Dad were freaking out all week over that. I had to keep them from getting Olli arrested."

"I remember for some reason, him using that name to disguise himself since well, he was your sibling in the capital of the demons."

"Are you saying this Terra is Earth in disguise."

"Pretty realistic disguise." Quaza said looking down at my chest. I covered them instinctively.

"Hey, eyes up." Hayli barked. "And stop saying Terra is a disguise."

"Terra. Are you Earth?"

"No. I am Terra."

"Then why do-"

Hayli stopped her question with a, "She's fucking trans you dense deadnaming doe."

"What does that have to do with Earth?"

My scaley girlfriend screamed into her hands in frustration before turning to me, "I wasn't this bad, was I?"

"Not really a comparison, diary reader. I mean Callie believed me faster, but she's known me longer."

"So, are you a cousin of mine or?"

"Avery, I don't have the time or patience to explain what's going on or how my girlfriend's father mucked things up right now?"

Nox startled, scooting back in her chair. "How do you know?"

"Are you a spy, human?" Quaza asked.

"Be pretty hard to spy being under your blood oath thing."

"Oh, really. I don't remember anyone but the Demon Lord's daughter under that."

I held out my hand. Quaza leaned across and pressed a nail into my palm. A red line shot across my palm and Quaza's hand shook a little. She seemed to be genuinely confused. 

"Well, that's... odd. I thought I'd remember kissing a cutie like you."

I smiled nervously as Hayli squeezed my arm hard, "Can we just eat, your highness?"

"Very well. We will talk more later. I take it you two have been stuck in my room?"

I nodded.

"Then we shall talk together in there after dinner, okay?" Quaza returned to the bowl of soup in front of her and those two didn't speak to either one of myself or my girlfriend for the rest of the meal. Not that I minded. I was sure Quaza would be grilling us both for hours later. 

Hayli of course stayed in the mood for conversation, "Bitch. How were you ever friends with her?"

"How are you currently friends with her?"

"I am not her friend."

"Sure, Hay."

"I'm still not sure they get who you are."

"I'm pretty sure they don't. Not that I mind."

"Don't mind or don't want to explain to your fellow dense club members?"

I rolled my eyes, "Did you tell Zurah to change to sheets? I... well you saw the stain."

"She'll just have to deal with that while we get our own bed."

"If we get our own bed."

"When. Stay positive, Terra."

"I know you remember the fact we were sleeping with her, right?"

"Please don't say it like that Terra. It sounds like she's part of our relationship."

"Don't worry, we'll get our own room, no problem."

"We better." She replied going back to her soup. I sighed and went to town on the bowl of my own.

 

Hayli

(Fuck you, I told you she wouldn't.) (Hayli, you can't start a section like this- Terra.) (Yes, that's just confusing and not very nice to spoil the reader. - Quaza) (Get the fuck out of my diary, Quaza.) (You let Terra write in yours and I've seen that Terra let's everyone into hers. - Quaza.) (Oh, I'm the one spoiling shit?) (Hayli, anyone reading a theoretical book of this will know I have no regard for Terra's personal anything. - Quaza.) (I am aware - Terra.) (Meanies, just can't ever let me win and gloat.) (I let you gloat all the time. - Terra.) (You do that because you think I'm cute when I'm doing it, can't be cute in writing.) (Please just write, Hayli. - Terra.)

"I see. It's not like I don't believe you, I do. I just do not trust you."

"So why would you leave us in your room?"

"Well first my bed could fit like seven people. Second, I like to mess with you, Hayli. Third, better to keep an eye on the person who claims to be my childhood friend, no? Of course. Now, shall we discuss how you failed to get your rune item, Hayi?"

"Urk."

"Urk, indeed. As you know, I succeeded. Thanks to all the money my mom sent I was able to just pay for it."

"Why'd you take so long then?"

"I had to convince the owner it was cursed first."

"Do I dare ask how."

"Well, the so-called sister of your lover here covered herself in flour and went around scaring people."

"And that worked."

"Are you surprised? People are very irrational in the inky blackness of night."

"Oh, but I had to get my girlfriend killed by my dad and didn't end up even getting our rune item while you got to fuck around."

"You care to explain how she is alive."

"I would if I could. We were fighting a... Remnant I think my father called it, he showed up because... well now I know he was talking to Terra and her imaginary friend, but i didn't then. Anyways he showed up, killed the Remnant, then made me forget Terra and killed her? Then... stuff happened, and he was gone, and Terra was alive."

"A Remnant?"

"An Ancient's Ancient's Ancient." Terra explained.

"If you are trying to make Terra's claims more believable in comparison, you are doing an excellent job. Now explain what you did on the mission to fail it. And if you can't find a reason, tell me everything up to your return."

"Well... first we made our way to Otterburgh and found out they held a magic tournament there. Caela and I signed up under fake names, and after an easy first round and kicking Caela's butt, we got to sit in the box, and I saw Terra fighting. Didn't think much but- um... because of some reasons we ended up in the same hotel room and Caela took the only single bed so... I had to sleep with... Terra... and um... when she woke up, I was in her boobs. And then the next day I beat her, and she told me she was looking for catacombs, and I decided to help her because I thought that might be a lead on our rune item. So, we eventually found a rich guy who knew where the hole to it was, went down, turned out he was serving the Remnant and wanted to sacrifice us to her. Pretty sure her fed his rune item to it. Then stuff with my father, and because we had killed the rich dude we decided to run away and hide. Terra offered her brother's house for a few days, and we agreed. Of course, I was going to make her come with us since, well, she seemed useful. And I decided the cover story was that she and I were dating. And Caela was judging her fit for her becoming my wife. And well, Terra confessed to me by a lake, and we started dating for real, met a clone of your newest maid, and then came back here."

Quaza shook her head, "I barely followed half of that, and less after you mentioned you were in Terra's boobs. But I gather, that the failure was out of your control. Damn, I was really looking forward to getting to punish you."

"Why?" Terra asked.

"Terra, shouldn't you know?"

"I was hoping the memory removal might have made you a better person."

"Okay. Hayli, Terra. Give me a good reason why I should let you out of my room."

"We will have sex with each other." Terra said.

"And?"

"I will use my magic to make sure you can't clean yourself."

"Okay. Fine. You know which rooms are empty. Go chose one. Terra, move your stuff. I need to talk to Hayli for a little bit more."

Terra shrugged and left with all of our clothes and makeup awkwardly piled in her arms. I turned to Quaza as the door closed shut. "What do you want?"

"Just... keep Terra close." She smiled at me.

"And you mean exactly what by that?"

"Well, if I felt inclined as her childhood friend, I could steal her. And Caela has the destiny thing since she was her first crush."

"Oh, if I had to, I'd share her with Caela for a day but not you."

Quaza nodded, "Good. Your serious about her. And taking pity on Caela. Stop that. She wouldn't learn anything on a date with a bottom like her."

"You just met my Terra."

"And?"

"Point taken."

"I am not kidding. Terra is technically already mine in one way. If I wanted to, I wouldn't need to try hard."

"Oh. I'm gonna go sleep with her now. See you tomorrow." 

"Yes, yes. Go." Quaza shooed me out of the room.

I made my way down the hall and found the room where some light was still on and knocked. Terra in her underwear answered. I pushed her inside and shut the door. "Terra, what if that wasn't me?"

"Everyone it could have been has seen me like this, and worse."

"What about my father?"

"Oh, yeah." She frowned. "Anyways, the tub is kind of small, but the bed is sturdy."

"Hmm? Well, I hope it's comfortable, I am tired." I said undressing and throwing on my nightgown. 

Terra smiled and pulled me onto the bed. "Not as much as the Princess's but compared to my old bed..."

"It's like a cloud." I finished tossing the sheets over us. I wrapped Terra in my tail and embraced her. "Hey. You better not love anyone else."

"Did Quaza try and mess with you?"

"Yes."

"Don't worry. She's worse at flirting than you."

"And you're good?"

"I never said I was. Now, hush. We'll probably be separated tomorrow."

"Aw, fuck. The other rune items. I hope I'm with you."

"Between us and Caela and my sister and Quaza and I guess Nana, that's three groups."

"As long as it you aren't with Quaza, I'm fine."

"What if you're with Quaza?"

"Okay. If we aren't together, I'd want you and Cae, Quaza and Nana and me and your sister."

"I don't want you talking to Nox."

"But all the embarrassing stories she still has to give."

"Fine, but I'll get your dad to tell embarrassing tales about you as a baby."

"Please don't." I laughed. 

Terra shifted a bit and soon I heard her breathing change. She was already asleep. She was really good at that. I took longer, especially when worried about a deer horned friend of mine's words on Terra. Eh... bad things come when you dwell on them, right? Right. Best to just ignore that and let myself enjoy a good night's sleep.

6