Threshold
106 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Harry grabbed his head and resisted crushing everything around him with telekinesis. Shinji brainwashed Rize into believing she wanted to use Harry to fulfill several fetishes. He slammed his foot on the ground feeling the seismic shockwaves that told him where everyone was around him. Even if he only had beginner-rank skills, they were still powerful.

 

Still, he regretted not focusing on things like telekinesis. Suppose it was intermittent or even better apprentice level. In that case, he might have caught Shinji no matter where the magus teleported to. Harry pretended not to know fate stay night when they met. Shinji was a familiar character, and Harry felt a kinship with him. For some reason, Harry decided to trust Shinji Makari for sentimental reasons. And it completely backfired; he wanted to go to his workshop and tinker with his scripts.

 

Rize held his hand like a death grip making her way to a bookstore he wouldn’t be able to enjoy. Harry learned the language of enchanting and scripts, but he hadn’t put effort into learning Kanji. The Tokyo in Tokyo Ghoul should have clued him in on what he had to learn. But his master was happy when Harry picked up necromancy even if he acted like Harry had many choices. The necromancy books were the only ones interesting the others were drier than the Nevada Desert.

 

Away from his master and alone with a woman who wanted to slurp his guts like noodles put the world in perspective. Harry didn’t have any reliable allies, and those he made himself were useless during the day.

 

They entered the bookstore, and Rize yanked him along towards a section on learning Kanji. “Look at this one; it has bright colors.”

 

“Do you think I’m autistic?” Harry said to buy some time.

 

“No, but look at all the pretty reds and the illustrations,” Rize said.

 

Was she autistic? He shook his head and opened up his necromancy skill and gave it a deeper look.

 

Necromancy: Beginner 89%

Curse Of The Gods – All Undead under the user’s control suffer a 99.999911% stat penalty under direct sunlight.

 

First, Harry didn’t know undead had stats at all. He looked, and there were no stats or attributes on his profile. He only had skills, but his undead apparently had stat points that went down to nearly nothing during the day.

 

He looked further into the Necromancy skill.

 

Necromancy Initiate Threshold

Skill Thresholds – When a skill reaches 100%, the user must pass a threshold to reach the next rank in the skill.

 

Necromancy Initiate Threshold Requirements 1/3

Slay 10 Enemies With Shadows 0/10

Raise 10 Common Undead 80/10

Create 3 Uncommon Undead 1/3

 

Harry had assumed he could gain the next rank by training his skills, but it wasn’t that easy. He needed to actually do things to earn the next rank.

 

Telekinesis Initiate Threshold Requirements 0/3

Lift 50 tons of matter 20/50

Stop 100 Projectiles 1/100

Anime Trip 50 People 0/50

 

He could only conclude that each rank would be more difficult. If he wanted to leave the cannibal world, he needed to get all his skills to initiate and three to apprentice rank. Raising his necromancy skill might help with the day weakness. However, he didn’t know the difference between a beginner skill and an initiate one. So, he needed to quickly make necromancy or telekinesis an initiate ranked skill and see the difference.

 

Rize tossed the children’s book at his head with deadly force, and Harry barely caught it with his mind. The throw had completely taken him by surprise after getting lost in thought. Unfortunately, necromancy hadn’t been able to save him, so he made a quick decision.

 

Harry decided to focus on telekinesis. He hadn’t wanted to go all Akira but needed something to cover his weaknesses during the day. If not for his telekinesis, Rize would rip him apart. He was sure of it, so it was time to exorcise his mental muscles.

 

“That expression on your face is so cute. I want to see that look of fear again.” Rize whispered.

 

“If you get naked again, I’m throwing you,” Harry said.

 

Rize giggled and stepped in close. “You sure are confident, but you’re not scary during the day,” Rize said.

 

Harry ran some mental calculations. Charging his power skills should give him roughly 9x his current physical strength. Unfortunately, he was a bookish 11-year-old up against a monster. If he was an adult, she would be fodder, but 9x, the strength of his body wasn’t enough to deal with her. She had already proved she could break his telekinetic grip.

 

“Don’t worry; if you were on the menu, I wouldn’t have scheduled a date with Kaneki.” She hugged him and sucked in a breath before sighing. “I would love to eat you up here, but,” She moved in to take a bite, and I froze her with telekinesis again.  

 

25/50 tons

 

She pushed against my telekinetic grip as it grew stronger as they fought. Harry could feel his telekinesis improve every time he pushed against her. He knew it wouldn’t be long before she wouldn’t be able to touch him.

 

“I don’t want to hurt you. Knowing you can stop me means we can start getting more intimate.” Rize said.

 

Harry felt more anxious around her than he had near a dead animal. Yea cleaning his first buck had been hard, but after six weeks, he had cut up dozens. Bones of animals were easier to deal with; he could imagine they were no different than skeletal models from school. Harry decided to make an addendum to his enjoyment of necromancy. If anything, he was a skeleton specialist rather than a complete necromancer. Even if he could raise zombies, he didn’t like to. The thought of touching a human corpse made his knees buckle.

 

“If you don’t want to hurt me, then maybe we can help each other out. Catch,” Harry said and tossed her a paper ball.

 

Rize caught the ball, and Harry made a throwing motion. She tossed it back to him, and he caught it with telekinesis.

 

Stop 100 Projectiles 2/100

 

“Now help me and throw it at me ninety-eight more times,” Harry said.

 

 

“This seems a bit excessive,” Rize said. As Harry rocked on a park bench in front of several sets of stairs. People lined up, waiting for girls to walk up behind them. He even saw the other café waitress and a random brown-haired guy walk behind her. Harry waved his hand and initiated another fated encounter.

 

As another girl went tumbling off a set of stairs only to plant their bottom on an unsuspecting male’s face. Harry guided the fall to make sure both parties survived. When the pair settled, they stood up and started bowing the full 35 degrees to each other. Harry quickly moved on to his next targets.

 

Anime Trip 50 People 40/50

 

“I am creating rare encounters; you should be thanking me,” Harry said after seeing how easy it was to abuse the system, at least in the early ranks he couldn’t help himself.

 

“Why, this isn’t a trope I’m interested in? There aren’t even any nosebleeds.” Rize said.

 

Harry reached out his hand and caused a few more fated encounters. By the way, the people were speed-walking together; they were going on dates or racing to sue each other for sexual harassment. Either way was fine with him; this was free training with no chance of failure.

 

Anime Trip 50 People 43/50

 

“You hunt people for food. This will cause more people to be born in this world. I read a book called the Lorax and watched a terrible cartoon version. The story's villain, the Onceler, chopped down every tree and didn’t bother planting anymore. He didn’t believe in renewable resources.” Harry said.

 

Harry stopped her from grabbing him. “Is this you looking out for me?”

 

Lift 50 tons of matter 48/50

 

Rize continued to struggle against him as he struggled to keep ahold of her with telekinesis. Blood seeped down his nose from using his powers for an entire day.

 

Lift 50 tons of matter: complete

 

Blood continued to flow down his nose and coat his chin. “Master never had me train enough to reach this point. He was the hands-off type of master. Once I learned everything he wanted, he tossed me into this world. Even if I reach the level of power he wants me to, there is no guarantee he will let me come back.” Harry said.

 

Rize broke his control and rubbed a finger under his nose before licking it. She closed her eyes for a long time before peaking. “Your taste is so amazing I could claw out your guts right now and slurp them down in front of this park. I could capture and breed you with a thousand human girls just for the chance some of your descendants taste like you. More than that, I could fuck you a thousand times, taste you for months before taking a bite, and sprinkle your blood on my prey for seasoning.”

 

Harry knocked the last of the girls off the stairs on the faces of enough guys to reach completion.

 

Telekinesis: Beginner 100%

Threshold Requirements

 Lift 50 tons of matter: Complete

Lift 50 tons of matter: Complete

Stop 100 Projectiles: Complete

 

Blood flowed out of his nose, then his ears, and finally his eyes. Something was happening to his brain, and there wasn’t a thing he could do to stop it. He closed his eyes and felt himself drift off in a pool of his own blood.

5