Chapter 22: Hey, it is a bar, but…
25 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 22: Hey, it is a bar, but...

 Reddy is settling fine in his pen. Between me and Ferenc, he gets plenty of food. Heck, I saw him ignore the latest rabbit I threw inside his pen. So far, Ferenc is the one that changes the water, and takes care of the toilet.

Yes, Reddy has a cat toilet in his pen. A relic of Ferenc's cat. When Reddy learns to trust me, I will be the one to get inside the pen, and do these things for him. 

Anyway, I have to log off because Ferenc is taking me to town. We went only a couple of times, when my clothes became too loose. Now, I don't need new clothes, but he did promise to take me. It is a date, folks. The first of many. 

I log off, and then place the phone on the table. It still has 80% of its battery, so I am certain that it will manage to hold until we come back to the hut. Anyway, I look down on myself, and wonder why Ferenc asked me to dress like this. It is a bit too fancy of a wear, for just grocery shopping. 

I am wearing a red shirt, and black dress pants. This time, I put on my cologne. What can I say? If I look fancy, I have to smell fancy. So far, I don't have a rash appearing on my skin. Guess it was stolen... Anyway, I won't put that in the blog. So, I look at the door to the bathroom, and wonder when Ferenc is going to come out of it. 

After some waiting, he does come out, and my jaw nearly drops. He is wearing a black shirt, and tight leather pants. Ok, are we really going to the supermarket, or somewhere else? He notices my look, and smirks at me. 

"Like what you see, kiscica?" He purrs at me, and I gulp. Oh, that sexy, impossibly sexy, voice. I bet he uses some sort of vampire magic, to make it even sexier than it is already. 

"You look as good as you normally do," I tell him, trying to keep a poker face. He just chuckles, and goes to the door to put on his shoes. I follow him, and soon, we are out of the hut. For the first time, I see a car parked outside it. "Wait, you have a car?"

"Well, obviously. The nearest town is twenty kilometers away," he tells me, and I nod. Ok, where was the car the first time I got here, or all the other times? 

"How come this is the first time I see it?" I ask, and he just sighs. 

"Kiscica, we are going to have one hell of a time. Don't get stuck on the details," he seems to be in a good mood, to call me kiscica so often. Usually, he refers to me as Jul, or Julius. I don't want to ruin his mood, so I decide to keep my questions for myself. We get in the 4x4, and he drives towards the highway. 

It is the late afternoon, so the snow is bathed by an orange glow, coming from the last rays of the sun. Today was pleasantly sunny. Not like one of those winter days, when everything is gray, and people feel like sleeping the day off. I wonder if Ferenc isn't in a good mood because of that?

We enter the town, and I marvel at the Christmas decoration that is all over the place. There are snowmen, that look like they are made out of the snow, and not out of plastic. Lights on the streetlamps. Big snowflakes hang from anything they can. We pass by a tree that is decorated from top to bottom, and has big cartoons under it, which look like presents. 

I am pressed to the rear window, trying to take all of this in. Three years of no Christmas spirit does this to a man. Yes, in Algeria they also decorate for Christmas, but not to this extent. Besides, no snow, remember? Kind of hard to get in the Christmas spirit, when there is no snow. 

We stop at the edge of a park, and Ferenc gets out. He puts on his gloves and jacket, and I mirror him, not forgetting my hat. Then, just as I get out of the car, a snowball sails over my head. 

"Snowball fight," he yells, with a devil-may-care grin. I smile, and soon, I am under fire, and trying to form a snowball of my own. That is not simple, seeing as Ferenc has a couple of allies. Some children, that were playing quietly in the snow, decide they like him better, and begin to pelt me with snowballs. 

I don't dare open fire against them. What if I hit one of them in the face with my vampire strength? But I do manage to get a couple of snowballs on Ferenc. The gremlins' parents take notice of us, and come over to pull them away, apologizing all the while. I have to say, that I am just as disappointed as them for our playtime to be over. 

Ferenc comes back to the car, and I notice that he doesn't have as much snow on him, as I do. He smirks at me, and I poke my tongue out at him. We get back in the car, and he reaches out with his free hand, and takes a hold of mine. I stare at him as he drives, trying to decipher his expression. 

Our next stop seems to be a nightclub, just in time for the sunset. I notice that there are only men waiting to be let in. 

"Ferenc, what is this place?" I ask, and he smiles mischievously. 

"A gay bar," he tells me, and my eyes threaten to bulge out of their sockets. 

"A what now?" Yes, my intelligence threatens to overwhelm my speaking partners at times. 

"You will like it in there, come on. We have a reservation," and we get out of the car, and into the club.    

2