Chapter 28: Ranger to The Rescue
394 1 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Moore, take point! You there, stay put!" The ranger said, with a raspy female voice.

I was still too dumbfounded about what I had just seen with my own eyes. Never thought I'd meet a ranger in action, much less a veteran ranger. Just how she jumped from atop of the tent and landed at two legionaries and stabbed both of them with a Legion's gladius just made me look at it in awe.

She then moved smoothly to grab the rifle stored on her back. It was a black rifle, probably an M4 derivative aka the Assault Carbine. She then started shooting at the legionaries. The legionaries stopped for a while to look at the ranger in the black armor. It struck fear in their eyes.

Their heads got blown off one by one by this ranger named 'Moore' who supported this veteran ranger. The sound of her rifle popping off the legionaries one by one made the refugees cheer in amusement.

The NCR veteran ranger popped their heads with the Assault Carbine fired in a burst. I never would be able to switch from one target to another with that kind of seamless speed. Not to mention that the marksman support from behind her made sure that nobody managed to approach us.

A legionary tried to ambush her with a machete from behind, "DIE YOU PROFILIGATE!"

The veteran ranger countered it by making sure the machete hit the metal part of her armor. She then punched the legionary on his nose and took away the machete from his hands and stabbed it right into his stomach, and pulled it out before switching back to her Assault Carbine.

She pushed forward while moving erratically to dodge the angry attack from the legion that mainly used melee weapons. She also managed to fend off the legionaries that used ballistic weaponry against her. It was all thanks to the marksman behind us and the armor that she wore. She slid while holding her rifle and shooting it at the legionaries to dodge the incoming bullets.

I came out of my hiding place and helped her to fend off the attacking legion forces that were coming after the refugees. A legion elite tried stabbing her in the torso, but before he even managed to attack, the ranger kicked the back of his head and shot it with her Assault Carbine. This ranger was either insane or blatantly skillful.

"Are you alright?" Moore asked as she shot her Marksman Carbine from the place where I was hiding. She didn't fear the bullets that came from the legionaries, maybe because of her NCR Ranger Combat Armor.

"More or less, thanks for the assist," I said as I shot my Service Rifle at the charging legionaries while the ranger slaughtered them in close range.

She eventually ran out of ammunition in her magazine. A legionary with the most attention-grabbing uniform approached her while shooting a Cowboy Repeater at her. She did a roll backward and pulled a revolver from her holster. She shot it once, and it blew the head of the legionary.

Two legions tried charging at her from left and right. The right one was holding a machete while the left one was holding a sledgehammer. She shot the legion on the left with her giant revolver and she ran to the legionary that held the sledgehammer.

Effortlessly, the female ranger threw the sledgehammer at the legion that was charging at her with the machete. The sledgehammer slammed the legionary's head and he stopped to check the wound on his head at the height of the battle. The ranger charged at the Legion which was holding the machete.

The ranger, without any hesitation, grabbed the machete from his hand and stabbed it into his neck. Blood came out like a fountain and dirtied the ranger's coat that she wore. She then replaced the magazine on her Assault Carbine with a new one.

"MAN, KILL THOSE TWO RANGERS!" Someone shouted before his head got blown off by Moore's Marksman Carbine.

"These legionaries are like human-wave, they never stopped coming," Moore sighed as she continuously pulled the trigger of her semi-automatic rifle. "Anyway, you're pretty good, kid," she said to me who was providing suppressing fire at them.

I just nodded. I didn't want to care whatever those rangers would be doing, but it was definitely a slaughter against those legionaries. Those two women were crazy good. The Legion might be good at melee combat, but that ranger named 'Agna' was definitely better in every way.

"Yes? Roger that." Moore retrieved something from her helmet communication system. "I need to get these refugees to Ranger Station Charlie, would you do me a favor and help Agna?" She asked.

"Sure. I have no problem with that," I said as I kept shooting my rifle at the legionaries. Even though there were some Primm inhabitants among those people, I'd make sure that their safeties came first before anything else.

I was caught off-guard. Agna looked overwhelmed. Four legions were charging at her, and one of them was holding a shishkebab. I long-press the trigger of my rifle at the legionary and he dropped dead on the ground.

Agna pulled her revolver and shot it right at the tip of an axe that a legionary was holding, breaking it in two and making it entirely useless. He then continued slaughtering the whole camp with her Assault Carbine.

Eventually, only one person was left in that whole encampment. Agna finished him off with her revolver. She put the revolver back into her holster and walked in my direction. The NCR ranger was indeed something else.

"I assume you have lots of questions," she said.

The raspy voice. She must be a ghoul and probably had lived long enough ever since the bomb was dropped. "Yes, how NCR rangers are able to find me?"

"Find you? Well, thanks for your help, but we got a report about a large legion encampment near Novac. So, RC Charlie dispatched us, anything else in your mind?" Agna asked.

"I think I have nothing else in my mind, I guess?" I said as I shook Agna's hand. "Thank you so much for the help, I don't think I'll live to see the day."

"We're happy to help."

"How about these legionaries? Are you going to loot them or something?"

"Loot? Hahaha, Nah, Legion coins are worth shit on NCR. Feel free to take whatever you need," she said.

"Alright, thanks."

Agna left, probably going to Ranger Station Charlie. She waved her hand. "Auf Wiedersehen und einen schönen tag." I didn't catch what she was saying nor understand what she meant. She just left immediately.

"Tag what?" I squinted my eyes at the phrase that she just said. I didn't understand it. Still, the whole Legion camp was filled for my picking. Now, it was time to loot them all. They had many many beautiful weapons to be sold.

[+500 EXP]

[Legion: Vilified]

14