Chapter 29: Safety First, Loot Later
392 2 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I arrived at Ranger Station Charlie, with multiple wounds all over my body which bleeding had stopped thanks to Stimpak. However, I was more worried about the wound on my stomach. Screw with the loot if I couldn't go home back safely. The ranger immediately noticed my armor, mistaking me for a regular NCR soldier at first. However, Ranger Moore immediately noticed me and gained me entrance.

"WE GOT A WOUNDED HERE!" She shouted as she helped me walk into the main building of the outpost. She walked me inside, and after that, laid me down on one of the beds in that outpost.

After laying me down, someone took off my armor and placed a gas mask, probably filled with anesthetic gas on my nose. Not too long after that, I went unconscious. The doctor probably did something to my body, and I didn't know which was the doctor.

===

Two days later, thanks to the Stimpak and my persistence to

"Feeling better yet?" Ranger Agna asked.

"Yeah, I think so. Well, at least, I wouldn't be killed anytime soon," I said, as I checked on the bandage that was right below my armor. It felt painful, but I'd be fine as long as I didn't do any idiotic thing like suddenly involved in a sudden firefight.

Still, in here, that would eventually happen, sooner or later. I knew one thing, though, Stimpak stopped bleeding, and apparently, induced faster-wound regeneration. However, for more advanced wounds, it worked more or less the same as I previously expected from the real world, requiring medical attention.

Well, I had nothing to be worried about, as of now. Better go back to the Legion encampment, the scavengers must have started picking loots from the Legion if my hunch was correct. Still, there might be a chance that it'd be possible to loot them all.

It was not a long walk, I just needed to follow the old highway, and on the left, there would be the abandoned Legion encampment. I entered the area, and immediately, the scent coming from the dead bodies was overwhelming, making me wish for a gas mask. Well, the loot on them better be worth it. To be honest, there would be anything or everything in here.

I searched their bodies and every single nook and crannies that I would manage to loot from their bodies. Of course, as per usual, I abandoned anything that a regular trader would immediately refuse, like the coins or the uniforms. With how Mojave saw the Legion as a whole, I wasn't sure that many traders would accept that.

Eventually, I made out with quite a lot of weapons alongside meaningful things. I didn't take items such as healing powders, since even Stimpak didn't manage to heal me fully. However, there were several strange things that I looted.

3x Hunting Rifle

7x Varmint Rifle

9x 10 mm Pistol

8x 10 mm SMG

4x Cowboy Repeater

15x 9mm Pistol

1x Chainsaw

600x 10 mm (FMJ)

300x 9x19 (FMJ)

100x .308 (FMJ)

210x 5.56x45 (FMJ)

100x .357 (FMJ)

2x MRE

800x Bottlecaps

The rifles and the submachine guns were pretty much expected from the previous raid, but if you asked me about the MREs, then I'd be concerned. The MRE was certainly not from the NCR, knowing that NCR would put their logo on their own MRE, like what they did with their instant noodles.

There was nothing significantly telling about the ration, otherwise with the fact that it was used by the military. Which military? I had no idea, but the packaging reminded me a lot about my world United States military ration. Who made this, though? I didn't remember that the NCR provided an MRE to its troops.

Caesar's Legion wouldn't even think of giving their troops an MRE. They used healing powders, not Stimpak. That condition alone should make me think twice about connecting advanced technologies with Legion. Hmm, well, no purpose in thinking about who made it, probably someone just dropped it. The menu was Spaghetti and Meatballs. Well, it had a solid shell life, so, who knows?

Besides, the food that I had eaten so far was either cafeteria grade or straight-up instant food like instant noodles. Most of the time, the only fresh food that I got was corn, and it was the main supply of food that the NCR delivered for its troops. So, yeah, no MRE. Well, probably from one of those old bunkers scattered around in Mojave.

Thinking about it, should I head back to Mojave Outpost, or should I go to Novac? I meant Novac would probably be the best option since bottlecaps were no longer an issue while Mojave Outpost was quite very far from here. Besides, I also wanted to see the dinosaur statue.

There was a medic, a trader, and a place to stay, at the very least. There was also a food tent if I wasn't wrong, well, time to head there and made some money. Perhaps, I might be able to meet with some interesting people around Novac, like the bald sniper whose name I forgot.

Who created the MRE?
  • Brotherhood of Steel Votes: 10 18.2%
  • Enclave Votes: 23 41.8%
  • New California Republic Votes: 1 1.8%
  • U.S Army Votes: 18 32.7%
  • New Vegas Votes: 3 5.5%
Total voters: 55
16