Chapter 019: Study Buddies
1.8k 2 61
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Just as he puts it on her neck, it disappears and reappears a second later. This is understandable, since it is a soul-bound artifact, it's not gonna keep hanging on her neck for anyone to snatch away. What's being shown is just a projection. The real artifact is bound to her soul.

After analyzing the necklace on Mai's neck for a bit Masashi gets a notification.

[Effect of Sharing is Caring applied.]

[Sister System is being installed onto The Gamer's wife.]

As Masashi sees that notification, Mai suddenly collapses in his arms. He almost panics but holds back and checks her breathing. He saw that she was breathing stably and sighed in relief.

He was really worried and decided to delay checking on the other two rewards while waiting for Mai to wake up.

After about ten minutes, he finally notices her stir a little as she opens her eyes.

[Sister System successfully installed.]

[Further Effects of Lover's Necklace Unlocked.]

[Skill Share: The Gamer and his wife can share their skills with each other eternally.]

[Soul Connection: Allows The Gamer to bind his soul with his wife.

Effects:

•Permanent Telepathic Connection: The Gamer and his wife can send their thoughts to each other regardless of the distance.

•Passive Empathy: The Gamer and his wife always share their feelings with each other.

•Status Sharing: The Gamer and his wife can see each other's status screens.

•Other effects yet to be explored.]

Masashi could suddenly feel Mai's entire existence being connected to him in an ineffable manner. He could feel all of her current emotions, ranging from joy, lethargy, satisfaction, excitement, and more.

Mai was feeling the same thing, She could feel his love, his obsession, his ambition, and more.

"What's going on?" Mai asks him.

"Call out, 'Status.'"

"Status?" I hear her say then, "Woah! What's this?"

"It's basically a status panel. Like in RPG games."

"Cool." Her eyes go out of focus as she checks out her status while Masashi does the same with his Soul Connection perk.

{ [1/4]

<Status>

Name: Mai Sakurajima

Age: 17

Class: The Gamer's Wife

Titles: N/A

Level: 1 (0/1000)

Race: [Human]

HP: 10/10

SP: 12/12

MP: N/A

STR: 6

END: 7

DEX: 10

INT: 26

WIS: 30

CHA: ∞

LUK: ??? (Connected to Gamer)

Regeneration Rate(HP and SP): 35 (Per Min)

(A/N: I decided to revamp the regen rate thing. It should only be dependent on END for both HP and SP. So, after this I'll make some changes and make it the same for Masashi too.)

Stat Points: 0

}

{ [2/4]

<Skills>

Class Skills:

•Gamer's Mind

•Gamer's Body

•Observe

Skills:

• Soul Connection With [Masashi] (All skills available to use)

• Mimic (Dormant)

}

"Why is my CHA stat infinite?"

"I think it has to do with my perception of you. I've seen that a lot of the system is based on my subconscious thoughts. That probably translated to the stats too. Same with the unknown luck, It's connected to mine apparently."

(A/N: I'm a simp. Deal with it bitches)

"What's this [Mimic] thing though? Any Idea?"

"Nope, but it seems like an inert ability. It'll probably unlock when you level up enough or go through some profound shit I guess.

"I want to see your status," Mai said.

"You just have to think about it. We have a soul connection now which allows us to do so many things."

{ [2/4]

<Skills>

Class Skills:

•Gamer's Mind

•Gamer's Body

•Observe

Skills:

•Soul Connection With [Mai Sakurajima] (All skills available to use)

•Eidetic Memory LVL MAX

•Strength Control LVL 1

•Endurance Enhancement LVL 1

•Dexterity Enhancement LVL 1

•Intimidation LVL 1

•Martial Arts Mastery LVL 4

•Academics LVL 7

•Cooking LVL 15

}

"How do you have so many skills and I have none?"

"If something like cooking is a skill for you then shouldn't I also have [Acting]?" She asks in curiosity.

"How this works is that you have to do the task first. Then the system gives you a skill related to the task. For example, My cooking is so good because I practiced again and again and leveled up the skill."

"I see…" Mai says with a thoughtful look on her face.

"Alright, we have midterms from Monday. We should study for it. I want to get into *** university. I need good grades and so do you."

"We don't need to do much though, I already got my academics at a good level already and our skills are basically shared. You can just use my academics skill."

"I know, but we still need to study together."

"Just tell me you want to spend time with me."

"That's not it." She says with a straight face.

"Alright, I won't tease you anymore. Instead, let's play a game. I'll ask you questions from our syllabus. If you answer it incorrectly, you lose a piece of clothing and I ask you another question. If you answer it correctly, you get to ask me a question and the same rules apply. You up for it?"

"What's in it for the winner?"

"Any request from the winner, the loser has to fulfill."

"That's too open-ended. Are there any limitations or can we ask the other party to do anything? There need to be some limits."

"We can add some limits. Do you have something specific in mind, Mai?"

"Whatever dare it is, it cannot involve public stuff. It must be done within this apartment and stay within this apartment. I'm going back to showbiz, I can't risk this stuff."

"I can agree with that."

"Also, the dares have to have an effective time period. If it's a repeatable thing, it will only be done for up to a week, no longer than that."

"Don't worry, what's in my mind is just a two-day thing."

"Good, mine is done. Do you want to add anything?"

"No need, since I'm gonna win."

"Overconfident much?"

"Always," Masashi replies with a snicker.

(A/N: I don't want to write the game scene because I have zero ideas what kind of questions they will be asking each other from their syllabus and I'm a bit lazy to research it.)

A while later, Mai and Masashi can be seen with books in front of them seriously asking each other questions. This would seem like a serious study session if they weren't both almost completely naked.

Masashi had nothing on but a pair of boxers and Mai was also wearing nothing but her panties, her tits out in their full glory, distracting Masashi.

As a red-faced Mai finally fails to answer the question, Masashi jumps up with a 'fuck yes', as Mai pouts at her loss but still proceeded to take off her last piece of clothing.

Masashi looks at Mai in her birthday suit with an almost predatory look, "Celebrate my win with sex?"

"Is that your request?" Mai says, trying to weasel out of the dare.

"Of course not, my dare comes on the next weekend. We can think of that weekend as our end-of-midterm celebration alongside my dare."

"Fine," Mai says with a pout before morphing it into a smile and bringing her hands to his boxers and pulling them down.

After a fun round of sex Mai decided that she wanted to get familiar with Masashi's skills. She had access to those skills but didn't have any practice using them.

"I want to get familiar with your skills. Any idea about what I should do?"

As Mai said she gets a notification and gets surprised at its contents.

[New Side Quest Generated.]

[Quest: Get familiar with the skills you have access to.]

[Rewards: +10 LVL, +25 to All Stats]

[Penalty: You will not be as strong as your partner.]

"Hey! I got my first quest" Mai tells Masashi with a smile.

"I saw it. As I see it, you and I get the notifications for each other's quests too." Masashi says with a smile.

"So, where should we go to get me some practice?"

"I know just the place," Masashi says thinking about the private gym where he trains with his trainer.

"Let's get going then," Mai says with a glint of excitement in her eyes.

61