Chapter 0041 Massacre (2/2)
892 1 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"…We were about to leave for ice cream before you started to do all this"

"I'm sorry baby, but…"

"I get it, you were mad, but don't turn into some kind of crazy psychopathic killer."

"I know-" Mai just shushes him.

"You got mad that this happened. You blame yourself for not taking better precautions. Yada yada…

"But in the end everything's fine. Nothing bad happened."

"What about-"

"Preventing future troubles? I doubt what just happened was that much of a big deal. At the very least you could've dealt with it in a better manner."

"…I guess you're right. I could've dealt with it better I guess."

"And why did you take this specific course of action…?" Mai says leading Masashi to the answer himself.

"Sigh… Because I had fun. This shouldn't be something that I take enjoyment from."

"Good. You finally understand."

As Masashi's silent for a while, Mai caresses his cheek lovingly.

"I don't have any problem with you killing anyone. Okay? You can kill anyone you want for all I care. But what I don't want you to do is get too engrossed in killing."

Masashi smiles as he brings her into a hug, "I understand."

"I just don't want you to become some kind of indiscriminate killer who doesn't have any moral compass."

"I don't think that I don't have one of those."

"I know. That's why you should be glad that you're not alone. I'll be there as your moral compass, to keep you on the right track. We're together in all this aren't we?"

"We are Mai. We are always gonna be together."

"Good. So… Ice cream?"

"You're craving ice cream today, aren't you?"

"Yep."

"Fine, let's go. But I'm still not gonna leave this place alone. I will ruin it."

"Just… Don't lose yourself indiscriminately killing them. The experience points aren't worth that much."

"I won't. I promise. I'll just bomb the place."

"That's not extreme!?"

"…Noo?"

"Sigh… Fine. At least you're not gonna kill everyone yourself. That would just be fucking dumb."

"… Yeah who'd do that." Masashi sweats a little inside since that's what he was planning to do.

Masashi and Mai go around the place, setting bombs at key areas of the building as all cameras and footage were taken care of leaving no evidence of the both of their presence.

The people in the place still hadn't been able to move after 15 minutes and some if not most had already fainted.

After clearing anything else that Masashi thought to be a loose end, the duo go to the parking and bring out the car that they came in.

Masashi drives around the block a bit, still maintaining the soul pressure as it's easily able to cover at least an area of 500 meters around him.

That was just to make sure that no one got out of the place, since pretty much everyone had fainted by the time they left.

Finally getting away from the block into a restaurant, maintaining the range of the pressure, Masashi detonates the explosives as everyone hears a loud booming sound.

*Boom*

Everyone in the place gets startled by the noise and goes out only to see one of the buildings completely engulfed in flames and collapsing completely.

Masashi and Mai also maintain the facade of being clueless bystanders by going out to see what the fuck happened.

They didn't eat anything at the place as Masashi decides to go to a better place.

"The cameras aren't going to be a problem? We took care of the ones inside the building but the ones around the place, they probably have our footage?"

"Don't worry, there won't be any issue. I had my yakuza guy cordon off the area and control all the cameras so there's no footage of either you or me ever having come here."

"So that's whom you texted back then."

"Yep."

"It probably cost a lot, no?"

"Not really. I just gave him the information that I took from the people we just extorted.

"He took over their businesses and helped me out. And I still have the actual money that was in the accounts.

"The money is easy to deal with, the rest of the stuff like those illegal businesses are better off being given to someone."

"Good at least even after the crazy stuff you did you took enough precautions."

"Yeah yeah." Masashi rolls his eyes at her.

"…Do you think I'm wrong for killing everyone in that building?"

"Right or wrong, it doesn't matter now, does it?"

"… I guess you're right.

“… [Gamer's Mind] really makes us pretty indifferent to killing, huh?"

"I don't think it affects us that much. We already have a different mindset from normal people. You're a [High Human], a being much higher on the evolutionary scale than a normal human.

"I think that killing these guys was not that big of a deal due to the kind of mindset that we have."

"That does make sense."

"Of course it does, I'm smarter than you." Mai just gives him a cheeky smile.

Masashi smiles at her and says, “Come on, let’s get you your ice cream.”

“Yess!” She smiles brightly as she pumps her fist.

Masashi smiles at her antics as he holds on to her hand, going into the car.

By the time they get the ice cream, it’s already pretty late so they just decide to get back to the hotel and order some room service.

“I think we ordered a bit more than we should’ve.”

Mai says looking at the table full of an unholy quantity of food.

“Nonsense. I wanted to try everything. Plus I’m hungry after all that fighting that I didn’t do. I also wanted to try everything here.”

“Right… If you say so.”

Masashi doesn’t say anything and starts wolfing down the food while Mai looks at him speechlessly.

‘Forget it. I’m also hungry.’ She thinks and starts eating.

After they were done eating all that food Masashi was surprisingly able to finish.

"I'll be going back home on Monday."

"Why? What happened?" Mai gets a spoiled look on her face as she wants to spend more time with Masashi.

"It's Kaede. I have to go back." Masashi says reluctantly using great willpower to resist not giving in to Mai.

"…I see, don't worry. It's no problem. You should go and take care of her. I don't have much time to spend with you here anyway." Mai tells Masashi that she doesn't mind at all after he told her the reason for his return.

"We still have the weekend to go play around the place, for sightseeing and everything.” Masashi cheers Mai up with that.

"I don't mind if you have to go earlier though. I know how much Kaede's situation is important to you."

"It's fine. I'll go back on Monday. Kaede's going to go to school from Monday anyway."

They go to sleep for the night as they spent the rest of the weekend going around Kanazawa, looking at different attractions, and having fun.

36