Chapter 0054: The Golden Vampire Princess (1/2)
887 4 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The duo then went down more and more floors each day.

They spent half the days clearing the dungeon and the other half, using [Tantric Energy] to strengthen their abilities and the floating island.

Mai and Masashi spent the next three weeks speeding through the dungeon.

Through all kinds of different floors, they just kept going. One good thing was that they had also been leveling like crazy due to the difficulties of the monsters increasing at a rapid pace.

Masashi even figured out how to strengthen their bodies using [Tantric Energy] so every time they had sex, both of their stats would increase a lot.

Masashi could choose to focus on a specific stat or he could go for all-round development of the stats.

He went for all-around development as there was no need to focus on a particular stat.

He spent a third of the energy to strengthen their bodies, a third to deepen the tattoos which didn’t seem like it would be finished any time soon with the pace it was going at and the last third Masashi split into two parts and put in his and Mai’s mana pools.

This development caused the mana pools to increase their capacities at a monstrous pace, finally hitting the 1,000,000MP mark by the end of the third week.

If they were expanding them normally it would’ve taken them months to reach that kind of capacity.

The Mana also seemed to be much more condensed and heavy.

Masashi and Mai also got much better at using their respective abilities.

Mai was able to {MIMIC} the fighting style of different monsters as she learned to overcharge the abilities of the monsters that she copied and use them much better than the monster.

The storage of the abilities was also going well. For now, she could store a specific ability for a month before it dissipated and had to be copied again.

Masashi worked more with [Mana Manipulation LVL 23] since {BIOMANCY}, as overpowered as it may be, is limited when it comes to destructive ability.

He was finally able to use elemental spells without them going berserk.

When he usually imagined Mana as a spell with an elemental attribute, it just went out of control and wasn’t usable, but he finally got that down and started using spells of different elements.

He incorporated elemental spells into his sword fighting as he was able to cover his range problem with spells that used the sword as the medium of transmission.

Titanium from their earth wasn’t the best conductor for Mana but both Masashi and Mai made do with what they had until they could find a material that was better suited for Mana conduction.

Masashi had been using [Observe] on different materials since the first floor but they were yet to find something suitable.

The higher level [Mana Manipulation] was also very useful in reducing the amount of mana required for each ability.

Along with the dense and higher quality mana, their mana consumption for abilities has lessened to the point of needing only 10% of the mana to cast the same abilities since they started clearing the dungeon.

After three weeks of dungeon diving, the duo finally reached the fiftieth floor.

It was already cleared but there was a big, ominous door that led to what could be thought to be the mini-boss for this dungeon.

“This is the place, huh?” Mai said as both she and Masashi looked at the door which had two large statues of cyclopses.

“Yeah, she’s here,” Masashi said with a visible glint in his eyes.

Mai looks at him with a smile, “You seem excited to meet her, huh?”

That get’s Masashi to rub the back of his head awkwardly, “It’s just that I admire her and pity her situation. She was betrayed by everyone that she cared about and locked in this place for who knows how long.”

“Yue, the pureblood vampire who can manipulate Mana without any magic circles or chants.”

“Let’s go,” Masashi says as he takes steady steps to the room.

When they get close enough, the big giant golems wake up and look at the duo aggressively.

The cyclops had high defenses and were made of stone, which meant they were slow.

It took the cyclopses a while before they could move and the duo took full advantage of that.

Knowing that the eye must be the weakest point, Masashi aims at it and supercharges a disposable dagger with lightning.

The moment he releases the dagger, it stabs one of the cyclops’ eyes as it dies.

Mai does the same but she used a speed boost ability from one of the monsters on the 43rd floor that they cleared a few days ago.

She enhances her speed and jumps up on the cyclops. Then she stabs it right in the eye before it could even make a move.

Masashi then pushes the door to no avail before realizing that the cyclops’ mana cores are the keys to this door.

He takes both the glowing mana cores and puts them in the designated spots as there is a clicking sound indicating that the door has been unlocked.

Masashi and Mai take deep breaths as they slowly push the door open.

The room on the other side was pitch black, without a single light source. Mai and Masashi were able to discern the details in the room using [Perception] which had leveled up constantly in the past 50 floors.

The room was completely made of the marble counterpart of this world as if built for royalty. The textures on the walls are reminiscent of the castle in the human kingdom.

There were two thick rows of pillars, forming something of a pathway to a huge floating cuboidal slab of rock. It had a glossy surface that was reflecting the tiny amount of light that was coming into the room through the open doors.

Looking closely, there was a faint silhouette of a person that was spouting out of the rock.

Mai and Masashi completely opened the doors, informing the person inside the rock of their presence.

“…W-Who goes there?” They heard a faint, hoarse, feminine voice from the girl stuck in the rock. She was royalty from the way she spoke and the design of this room only confirmed this fact.

They both saw the girl that was sealed inside the rock from the neck down, her shiny blonde hair dangling in front of her face. Her blood-red eyes peeked out from between the gaps in her hair.

‘Blood moon, huh?’ Masashi smiles a little to himself.

‘Yue is really an apt name for her.’

Mai and Masashi were just staring at her for a second.

Her voice was hoarse and weak, most likely from the countless years of silence, but the desperation in it was evident to anyone listening.

“P-Please...! Help me...”

Masashi slowly walked to her, looking into her crimson eyes. Mai just follows behind him.

“You seem dangerous.” He says as he reaches the girl.

“P-Please… I’ll do anything… Please help me.”

“What if you’re a monster that’s been sealed in in the deepest pits of hell? Wouldn’t I be unleashing a calamity if I let you go?”

“No! Cough... I-I’m not anyone bad...! I was betrayed” She panics and says in a little louder voice and coughs due to not speaking for so long.

Just as Masashi was going to ask her more things Mai interjected, “Stop teasing the poor girl. You came in the room already, let’s get her out of that uncomfortable rock already.”

She just looks at both Mai and Masashi dumbfounded as they smile and both put their hands on the seal.

They both wantonly pour Mana into the rock, overcharging it to the point that it couldn’t hold up anymore.

Slowly the rock started melting away due to the overcharging mana, it revealed the girl’s neck, her modest breasts, her waist, and thighs, and finally, it melted off to the point where she fell from the seal.

Just as she was about to fall to the hard ground, Masashi caught her in his arms as he gently lowered her emancipated body to the floor.

As he was about to get up and bring out something from the inventory for her to cover herself, she held on to his hands.

In a small and trembling but strong voice, she said, “Thank you.”

Her expressionless face didn’t convey any emotions, but those eyes that remind one of the Blood Moon conveyed an indescribable feeling to Masashi.

“…What’re your names?” She said still holding on to Masashi’s hand and looking at both Mai and Masashi.

Mai knelt beside the two of them and said, “I’m Mai, and this is my husband Masashi. What’s your name?”

Masashi smiled a little wryly at Mai’s petty jealousy as the girl who was holding his hand tightened her hold on his hand.

She repeated both of their names under her breath repeatedly before continuing.

”…Give me one.”

“Did you forget your actual name?”

“No, I just don’t want a name from the past. I’m fine with whatever new name you give me.” She says eying both Mai and Masashi.

“Yue,” Masashi said. “Like the moon, that’s the first thought that comes to mind, looking into your blood-red eyes.”

“…Yue…? Yue… Yue. Yes, I like it. From today onwards I’ll be called Yue. Thank-”

The next moment as she was about to say something more, Masashi pulled her in his arms again as he and Mai jumped away from their previous location.

A large pincer dropped on their previous location as a giant Scorpion appeared to attack them.

He dropped Yue with Mai as he went to fight the giant crab monster that just appeared to attack them.

“Of course, the mini-boss floor would have a mini-boss.” He said sarcastically as he engaged in it a physical confrontation to distract it away from Yue and Mai.

The girl was staring at Masashi as Mai brought out one of her older outfits and helped her wear it. She, just like Masashi had a plethora of things fit for any possible situation inside her inventory.

As Yue wore the cute bunny print crop top that left her belly button visible and denim shorts. Mai handed her some shoes as she said, “Are you okay, Yue?”

Wearing the shoes Yue said serenely, “I’m fine. You guys should leave me. That monster is very strong.”

There was no fluctuation in her eyes as if she was expecting to be left behind again.

“Nonsense! That’s not how I or Masashi work. We won’t be abandoning you, Yue, don’t worry. For now, drink this.” Mai says, handing her a health potion.

Looking at the blood red potion Yue could tell that it was given to her with good intentions and drank it without hesitation.

Mai was a little stunned at Yue’s trust in her, especially after she was betrayed like that previously.

‘I guess she’s been lonely, huh?’

Some constructive criticism would be helpful. If I made any mistakes please let me know, and I'll fix them. I'm only human, I make mistakes.

I post 10 advance chapters of the novel on my Patreon along with some exclusive R-18 scenes. Check it out.

32