Chapter 0069: Fuhren
538 0 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The town is also a good tourist spot so they’re planning to rest there for a day before continuing their journey to the Divine Mountain.

Yue goes around the plane looking over everything like a curious cat.

Mai silently comes over to him and lays her head on his lap, signaling him to rub her hair.

Masashi gladly plays with her hair as he drives to their destination.

A minute later Yue comes over to them and looks at Masashi with her usual deadpan stare. Her eyes convey that she doesn’t want to be left out.

“Come on, take a seat,” Masahi pats the area of the couch beside him.

Yue goes over to the spot and brings Masashi’s hand that was holding the glass to her head. Wanting for him to pat her too.

Masashi just puts the glass on her head and says, “You girls want to watch a movie?”

“Sure.”

“Hey!” Yue floats the glass away from her head and brings Masashi’s hand to her head again.

Masashi chuckles a little and pats her head as she wishes. Yue purrs, almost like a kitten.

“I’ll take that as a yes.” 

As Masashi says that a TV drops down to the side and the couch turns to face the TV.

“Any specific requests?” The TV turns on with a Netflix-like interface as Masashi asks what they should watch.

“Do you have access to your server from here?” Mai asks curiously.

“Yeah. I made a little dongle that has access to the inner world and connected it to that TV.”

“I don’t know whether I should be impressed at your meticulousness or annoyed at you making so much unnecessary stuff.”

“Just be happy and tell me what you want to see. Do you have anything specific that you want to watch, Yue?”

“Anything works for me.” Yue is just immersed in the feeling of Masashi’s hand going through her hair.

“Fine, I’ll just play something random. We’ll be there in an hour anyway.”

Halfway through the journey, Yue ended up falling asleep so Masashi tucked her into bed in the inner world and spent the rest of the time with Mai.

After another two hours of flying and a movie, they reach The Independent Merchant Republic of Fuhren.

Looking down Mai sees a circular city surrounded by large walls. It was divided into four sections by two main roads that went from north to south and another from east to west.

“This place looks much more lively than the kingdom’s capital.”

“It is, it’s the central mercantile hub of the entirety of the northern continent.

“Fuhren is a transit hub for almost all the goods that went through the human domain in the northern part of Tortus.”

“Come on, land the ship, I want to look around the place.” Mai holds onto his arm and looks into his eyes.

“Anything for you, bunny.”

Masashi steers the ship to come close to the ground and they put it into his inventory.

He holds on to Mai’s waist, hugging her close as she hugs him back, and uses gravity magic to slow their fall.

They slowly land on the ground a little away from the city to not attract too much attention.

“Let’s go!” Masashi holds Mai’s hand and brings her to the gate.

“You’re familiar with the place?” Mai asks.

“Meld’s memories have a lot of information about this place. He’s been here many times.”

“That makes sense, he is a pretty important person in the Heiligh Kingdom.”

They walk to the city’s gates and see many people entering and leaving the place.

As they walk in they see a few people look at them with weird looks which Masashi chalks up to their outfits being completely different from what people are used to.

Masashi acts like a guide and tells Mai, “You saw from above that the city is divided into four parts, right? Each of those four parts is there for a different purpose.

“There’s the bureaucrat quarter, where the city’s various administrative affairs were processed.

“The tourist quarter, where most of the entertainment facilities were located.

“The maker quarter, where weapons, armor, tools, and furniture of all kinds were made.

“Lastly, the trader quarter, where goods of all kinds were sold.

“We just entered so the stuff we see around here isn’t the best. Further toward the center of the city, the better quality stuff is there. 

“The inns are better, the goods are more reliable, etc.”

Masashi points around the place to Mai as he introduces the things to her.

“You seem pretty much like a tourist guide right now.”

“I don’t think a tourist guide would do this.” Masashi suddenly pulls Mai toward him and gives her a deep kiss before letting her go.

“…People are staring at us.”

Masashi has a wild smile on his face as he releases a tiny amount of his soul pressure, “Not anymore.”

That minuscule amount of intimidation was enough to get everyone frozen in their place as if they were about to die in the next moment.

Back when Masashi wasn’t even at level 1000 he could utterly overpower everyone in the hero party and their entourage easily.

They were supposedly the strongest that Tortus had to offer. Now he is at level 5175 with his current mental stats having gone through an unholy boost.

A normal person would probably die from a heart attack if he exposes them to the full might of his soul pressure.

Masashi pulls it back after a second as he and Mai keep walking the streets of the city.

“There’s a good inn in the tourist area, let’s go there to settle down a bit, and then we’ll explore the market.”

“Sure, works for me.”

At the inn.

“We’d like your best room.” Mai smiles at the receptionist.

“Sure, it’s available. How long will you be staying there?” The receptionist answers with a smile that seemed a bit forced.

‘This is weird, everyone is giving us weird looks. Did the church do something?’ Masashi has this thought when seeing the look on the receptionist’s face.

“We’ll just be staying there for one night,” Mai replies to the receptionist.

Masashi uses [Legilimency] and reads the surface thoughts of the receptionist.

‘Oh…So that’s what happened.’ Masashi is both surprised and amused at what the church did.

The receptionist guides Masahi and Mai to the room after Mai pays for the room in advance.

With Creation Magic and Transmute, both Mai and Masashi were walking money printers so they didn’t have any problem with that.

Inside the room after the receptionist leaves after telling Mai about all the amenities that are given alongside the room.

“You know how everyone’s been giving us weird looks ever since we entered the city.”

“Yeah, isn’t that because we’re dressed differently and the excessive PDA?”

“I thought so too but no. It’s because the Holy Church completely publicized how we killed two of the summoned otherworld saviors and crippled the Hero.”

“33% of that is a lie and they know it.”

“Yeah, now I don’t have to feel like an asshole for destroying the so-called Divine Mountain that’s the base of the church.”

“You weren’t gonna feel bad for doing that anyway.”

“Yeah, but you don’t need to tell everyone that.” Masashi whisper-shouts the last part.

“…I see.”

“So now what? I’m surprised that no one’s here yet to detain us or something.”

“I think that Fuhren also has some stuff going on behind the scenes. I’m sure that some people have at least reported us to the authorities.”

”Eh, whatever. It doesn’t matter, let’s just do our thing.” Masashi pulls Mai out of the room as they move toward the restaurant area of the inn to eat some specialties of Tortus.

“…This is all Japanese food,” Mai says looking at the menu.

“Somehow… I’m not surprised.”

“Yeah, me either. The usual?”

“Yeah the same for me.”

Mai calls the waitress and gives the order for their food as they have a harmonious dinner.

“Here,” Masashi brings his chopsticks with food toward Mai’s face.

“It’s good.” She does the same for Masashi as he takes the bite with relish.

Looking at the PDA, the people around them kept giving them glares since there were mostly single adventurers there.

So, Mai and Masahi’s display was provocative to them.

The duo didn’t care and kept doing their own thing.

Although a lot of people did mysteriously faint during the time they were eating, which was a weird coincidence.

’No, it wasn’t.’

Some constructive criticism would be helpful. If I made any mistakes please let me know, and I'll fix them. I'm only human, I make mistakes.

I post 10 advance chapters of the novel on my Patréon along with some exclusive R-18 scenes. Check it out.

24