Chapter 14: Team 3 Part I
204 4 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

At the office of Miss Taylor Carter the Manager of the foster laboratory branch in the 12th base.

Taylor was at her disk, she picked five files, and opened them one after the other, she briefly skimmed through the information of the five recruits she was about to send on their first mission, this was an excellent opportunity to conduct their official assessment for the organization.

____________________________________________________________________________
Makoa Iosua
Recruit status : (Pending assessment)
Combat Classification: C+
Height: 6.9 f
Weight: 290 p
Ethnicity: Hawaiian
Personality traits: timid / loyal / protective
Power: damage absorption
____________________________________________________________________________
Emily Jameson
Recruit status : (Pending assessment)
Combat Classification: C
Height: 5.2 f
Weight: 105 p
Ethnicity: White
Personality: emotional / sociable / impulsive
Power : sonic wave
____________________________________________________________________________
Dylan Cole
Recruit status : (Pending assessment)
Combat classification : B
H : 6.0
W : 175 p
Ethnicity: White
Personality : confident / selfish / leader qualities
Power : flame body
____________________________________________________________________________
Binna park
Recruit status : (Pending assessment)
Combat classification: C
H : 5.10
W : 125 p
Ethnicity: Korean
Personality : kind / shy / reliable /
Power : Healing aura
____________________________________________________________________________
Roberto Ortega
Recruit status : (Pending assessment)
Combat classification : C+
H : 5.11
W : 165 p
Ethnicity: Hispanic
Personality : insecure / aggressive / confrontational
Power : semi-body morphing ( Lycan )
____________________________________________________________________________

 

“You are all around C combat classification, except for Dylan who has a B combat classification, so he will be your leader for this mission, any questions? Taylor looked at the people in front of her and said a matter of fact.

Dylan looked at Miss Taylor she was the manager of this branch of foster labs, he always admired her from afar, and he couldn’t help but try and gain her approval by saying, “Miss Carter let me start by expressing my gratitude to you, for giving us this opportunity to display our skills, and worth to the organization”

“Don’t thank me yet, this mission might be more dangerous than you guys think, so you have to be careful and support each other” Taylor was worried these were newly trained recruits, and the outside world is a lot more cruel and dangerous where anything can happen, if it wasn’t for the higher up pushing for accelerated deployment of new recruits, she would have sent a more experienced team.

“Yes Miss Carter thank you for your concerns, I will make sure that we complete our mission” Dylan performed a salute by putting his fist on his chest, this was what foster lab recruits did as a sign of respect toward each other and their superiors.

“Okay, one last thing, if the military is involved in this mission, I want you to retreat immediately” Taylor gave them one last warning, she was worried that the man Jayson mentioned before was part of the military.

After the recruits left the room, Taylor called in a man wearing a trench coat and dark shades, he had an air of danger around him.

“Major, I need you to keep an eye on the new recruit,” Taylor said with a concerned voice.

“With all due respect my job is to protect you, Miss Carter,” Major said firmly.

“As long as I stay in the facility, I am completely safe, so you don’t have to worry about that, and also I know a man like you hates babysitting and would love some action,” Taylor said.

“I don’t know about this” Major hesitated a bit, he wanted a change of pace, it has been months since he participated in a mission, and was eager to shake off the dust.

“Look, I know this is against protocol, but I have a bad feeling about this mission, and I need someone I can trust to handle it,” Taylor said.

“Fine” Major nodded his head in confirmation.

“Thank you,” Taylor said in relief.


A few minutes later.

The team was getting ready, they have been under training for five months, and foster labs recruited them around the same time, although they have nothing in common, they were put in the same team when they completed their basic training.

"Dylan why do you always act like a puppy in front of the manager, do you like her or something?" Emily said teasingly, trying to poke around, and annoy Dylan.

"Emily, this isn't time for your jokes, shut up and get ready" Dylan wasn’t going to let Emily ruin his day, he needed to perform well as the leader of the team, and get a high assessment mark.

"Guys, can I ask you for a favor?" Makoa stepped forward, scratching the back of his head, and said.

"What is it Makoa?" Binna softly inquired.

"Can I pay a visit to my niece before we leave? I don’t want her to worry about me, if I disappear for a few days without seeing her, it would be traumatizing for her, she is still processing her parent’s death?" Makoa asked his teammate, after losing both of her parents, Makoa was her last family, he usually visits her whenever he has time, she was staying in one of the civilian facilities of foster labs, the place is used to accommodate the recruit’s families, the organization provides protection and better living conditions, as part of the benefits the awakened gain by joining the organization.

"Yeah, sure buddy you can" Binna responded.

"No, we don't have much time" Dylan interjected immediately, he didn’t want to waste any time since their mission was time sensitive.

"Are you serious, come on dude his niece is an orphan, at least let him say goodbye" Emily said furiously.

"I am the leader of this team like it or not whatever I say goes" Dylan was adamant about his decision, he looked around him and pointed at everyone.

"I don't care either way but don't think a pussy like you can boss me around" Roberto was offended by Dylan's comment, he would never take orders from someone like Dylan, he never liked or respected him as a person.

Just when things were heating up, and Dylan and Roberto were about to start a fight, Binna as always intervened and was the voice of reason "Everyone calm down, we are a team, now like miss carter said we must stick together if we are to complete our mission, at least bare with this until we get our official assessment done, and then we can find another team, Deal ?"

Everyone backed down.

"Now, Dylan isn’t the place Makoa nephew at in our way to the supplies point? So it won't be too much of a hassle for us to stop by the place for a few minutes" Binna reasonably added

"Alright fine, but you have 5 minutes, and then we are leaving" Dylan reluctantly agreed.


The team left the facility grounds and headed towards the residential area, where the foster lab employees and associated families live, the foster labs occupy a significant section of the 12th base, second only to the military.

Makoa went to the living courters where his niece lived, this facility housed mainly children so it was more like an orphanage, one of the workers noticed Makoa wearing the foster lab uniform and immediately approached him.

“Hello sir, how can I help you today?” the worker said with a flattering smile.

“Hi, I am here to see my niece, her name is Anela harper”

“Oh, little Anela, follow me”

Makoa was talking with his niece and trying to calm her down.

“Your uncle will leave for a few days, but I want you to be a good girl, and wait patiently for me”

“But why do you have to leave, can’t you stay with me?” Anela balled her little fist and said angrily.

“I wish I can, but I need to go, there are people out there who need my help”

“Promise me you will come back” little Anela extended her little pinky finger.

Makoa extended his pinky finger as well and interlocked it with her's “I promise you, I will be back before you know it, and I will bring you a present as well”, he gave her a bear hug and left to join his team.

After a while, the team finished with their preparation and left the base.

4