Chapter 18: A New Threshold.
167 5 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Race : human (awakened)

Height : 6.2 f weight : 180 p

Strength : 10/10

Agility : 10/10

Vitality : 13/13

Intelligence : 13/13

HP : 130 / 130 ( 1 Vit = 10 HP )

MP : 130 / 130 (1 Int = 10 MP)

 

Abilities

*Devour : (unknown)

*Electric Physique : (the body can produce electric powers, the electric charge lasts for 5 minutes, MP cost 10 points // Damage 5 points)

*Metallic Physique : (the body can turn into metal, the metal can cover any part of the body depending on how much MP is used, for full body metallization 50 MP is required, for partial change 10 MP = 1 minute )

*Marksmen Lock : (the ability to lock on any visible target and accurately hit them with ranged weapons, 1 MP = 100 meters)

*Blink Attack : (the ability to perform a single swift attack in the blink of an eye, the target must be stationary, 1 MP = 10 meters)

*Danger sense : ( the ability to perceive upcoming danger 1 MP = 1 minute)

*SEMI-BODY MORPHING ( LYCAN ) : (the ability to transform into a werewolf 10 MP = 1 minute)

*FLAME BODY : (the ability to release fire from your body, flame projectiles cost 1 MP // damage 5 points, full body fire transformation (damage +5) 20 MP = 1 minutes)  

*SONIC WAVE : (the ability to release a sonic waves with your voice, sonic attack cost 10 MP // damage 5 points)

*DAMAGE ABSORPTION : ( the ability to absorb damage taken, activation cost 10 MP = 1 minute // damage reduction 10 points)

Enhancements :

Improved Brain Circuitry (grants +1 attribute increase to your intelligence limit)

Improved Bone density (grants +1 Strength and +1 Vitality attributes to the limit)

Improved hand-to-eye coordination (grants +1 intelligence and +1 agility to the limit)

Improved Muscle control (grants +2 agility attributes to the limit)

Improved Brain receptors ( +1 Intelligence +2 Agility)

Improved cellular division and durability ( +2 Strength +2 vitality)

Improved energy levels+ Improved body heat regulation ( +5 intelligence)

Improved vocal cords (+1 vitality)

Improved bone density+ improved muscle tissue (+2 Strength +4 vitality)  

 

It took a couple of days to absorb all the newly acquired ability cores, and max all attributes, fortunately for Fletcher, he had plenty of cores stored, and with his ridiculous absorption speed and efficiency, he unknownly crossed a new threshold, or rather humanity had entered a new realm of power, far earlier than all the other races predicted, if beings from other dimensions were present, they would recognize the birth of the first warrior stage human.

“This power cursing through my veins, I fucking love it” Fletcher tensed his powerful muscles, he could sense he had entered a new threshold of strength, levels beyond what he had just a few days ago.

12th base Military headquarters

“Do they belong to you?” Admiral Mathias pointed at the screen.

 “…” Miss carter nodded her head solemnly.

“You have my condolences, it’s a very unfortunate…” Mathias said, but before he could finish his sentence.

“They were just kids, that’s Dylan in the middle, over-ambitious at times but he's a good leader, and that’s Emily the heart of the team, she could always make everyone laugh, and that’s Makoa a gentle giant he's overprotective of those he loved, and that’s Binna a kind-hearted girl, a little bit shy but never afraid to speak her mind” Miss carter said softly while pointing at each member of team 3.

“It’s a hard thing to deal with, the loss of your comrades” Admiral Mathias said solemnly.

“THEY WERE JUST KIDS” Miss carter shouted angrily, “I picked them personally, I made sure to pick each member carefully, I may have been harsh on them, but I wanted to prepare them as much as possible for this cruel world, but…they all just…” Miss carter added before tears streamed down her face.

Silence permeated the room for a brief moment.

“Who is he?” Miss carter wiped her face, and asked with a firm voice, filled with hidden malice.

 The admiral opened a file and handed it over to her.

Name : Fletcher Mccarther

Age: Unknown

Birth place : Unknown

Sealed

Sealed

.

.

.

“what the hell is this? There is nothing here, everything is sealed” Miss Carter said in confusion.

“A piece of work isn’t it? I have never seen a file with so many seals, even with my clearance, which is only a level below the president might I add, I couldn’t get anything” the admiral said plainly.

“so what the hell is he? A spy or something” Miss carter inquired more.

“No it’s something a lot worse, I pulled a lot of strings to find this out, but I got one word, Basilisk” responded calmly while emphasizing the last word.

“Basilisk what’s that?” Miss Carter asked in more confusion than before.

“Basilisk was a highly secretive program that was shut down twenty years ago for unknown reasons, rumors say it was a place where they raised and trained highly skilled and dangerous individuals, and on top of that there were even allegations of unethical experimentations conducted on humans, from what I heard that place was a hell hole”

“Do you think he is a product of that place?” Miss carter asked impatiently, it seemed the more she learned about Fletcher, the more questions she had.

“Most likely, otherwise there is no explanation for all the secrecy surrounding him” the admiral said confidently.

“so what are you going to do about him?” miss carter looked at the admiral with eyes full of anticipation, and asked the question she was eager to hear the answer to the most.

“I don’t know for now, but a dangerous guy like him, can't be left unchecked, that’s why I want to catch him first, to see if he's on humanity's side” the admiral added in a firm voice.

“And if he’s not?” Miss Carter threw a questioning look and said.

“Our scientists are eager to open up his dead body and find out what makes him special” the admiral looked her straight, and said menacingly.

“I would like to offer Foster labs help, I can send an elite team to aid in his capture” Miss carter jumped at the opportunity after she confirmed the admiral's intentions aligned with hers.

“Sure why not, we are stretched a little thin at the moment, most of our elite awakened are fighting in the front lines, so we could use all the help we can get” the admiral welcomed the idea with open arms, after all, it was his intention from the very beginning to get additional forces, and get closer to Miss carter, the heir of the foster family, the owners of foster labs and the second largest organization of awakened.   

A few days later.

In a conference room.

The admiral was standing in the middle of the room, surrounded by many elites awakened, some associated with the military and some from foster labs, and there were even a few independent awakened.

After briefing everyone on the target of their mission, and giving them the layout of the plan, the admiral said “this individual is highly dangerous, we estimate his danger level to be comparable to an abomination monster, so proceed carefully, and don’t try to engage the target, unless he turns hostile, after all, if we are lucky he might surrender himself peacefully”

The meeting ended with those words.

The awakened members tasked with capturing Fletcher, split into three different groups, based on their abilities, the Attack, the control, and the support group.

The attack group consisted of high-damage dealers with combat-type abilities, close and long range, as for the control group, they had an important role, which involved restricting the target’s movement using their unique abilities, which can affect a person or the environment around them, and lastly, the support group had mostly healers and amplifiers.

Greetings, the status window is getting out of hand haha, I hope I didn't make any miscalculations with the attributes, in future chapters, I will only include the ability names and create a separate page, where I will include all the abilities and enhancements information in detail, I will also include some info about the new ranking system that will be introduced in the upcoming chapters.

4