CHAPTER 059(A Day In Tokyo)
5k 9 172
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Discord: https://discord.gg/t7bHrdRY7Y

pat.reon: Keanu_Eugene

CHAPTER START---

"Huh, green..." Horizon says, currently sitting at a metal desk and holding a small eyeball between his fingers, now reassembled and securely in a jellylike cube of space.

On the table in front of him is another identical eye, along with the five-month-old baby they belong to, sleeping happily as if it weren't currently in surgery.

Horizon places both the eyeballs beside the baby and Shambles all the parts to properly merge together, then leans back in his chair and stretches.

Looking at his watch he sees it's just barely noon and immediately gets up, packing his medical bag, a simple white duffel bag with his blue logo on either side, then picks up the still-sleeping baby in his other hand.

Cradling the baby to his chest he takes his bag and gently opens the door, immediately greeted by a Latino couple. The man in a simple black suit and his wife in a blue dress, both immediately rise to their feet as they see him enter the room.

"Complete success," Horizon says quietly, not wanting to wake the baby.

They both rush over and the lady all but snatches her son out of his arms, hugging and kissing the baby as tears stream down her face.

She mutters a stream of 'thank god' for this miracle, and Horizon uses all his willpower not to groan and roll his eyes.

'God wanted your baby to be blind, but yeah...thank him...whatever,' he keeps his opinions to himself since these are just normal customers he'd likely never see again, traveling to the other side of the world just for his services.

After the family gawks over their now fixed baby the man leads his wife out of the room before returning to have a small chat with Horizon.

"You truly are a miracle worker," the man says in his native Spanish.

"You flatter me," Horizon responds in the same language.

"Truly, I just wish more people could experience this, or you could have more openings."

Horizon chuckles at that, "but if miracles were common then they wouldn't be miracles...and I wouldn't get to charge so much."

The man can't help but laugh at that, remembering the nearly half a billion dollars he paid for this appointment. "A very wise policy, but think of all you could do with more than one client per week."

"I wish I could do almost a dozen every week like last year, but sadly I'm in UA six days a week, it just can't happen," Horizon shrugs. "To the highest bid goes the miracle."

The man shakes his head and smiles bitterly at that, "then I am thankful to be the highest bid this week, doctor," he extends his hand.

"Again, it's just Horizon," Horizon shakes his hand...

---5 Minutes Later...

SHAMBLES

Horizon suddenly appears into his penthouse suite in Saitama Tokyo, only a few blocks away from the hotel that he had just been operating in.

"Finally!" he groans, dropping his medical bag and removing his visor, revealing his face covered in sweat, hair matted to his head.

As he summons the card he just swapped with back to his person he begins undressing, ready to just get cleaned up and find something to eat.

Completely exhausted from performing a five-hour surgery.

Not only performing Lasik Sugery on both eyes, but also brain surgery and nerve reconstruction to connect those eyes to the brain.

5 Hours.

400 Million USD.

2 Healthy working eyes.

A fair deal? Not really his place to decide, all he knows is he got paid.

Getting ready for a shower he looks out his window to see the city in front of him. From where he currently was, Minato prefecture was 25km away, the home of the All Might hero agency, currently not operational since he's in Musutafu to teach at UA.

But only 5km away in the heart of Saitama prefecture was the massive 50-story tall Endeavor Hero Agency. The most active and effective hero agency in the world, with the most annual incidents resolved for the past 15 years in a row, globally. Just barely poking out among the other buildings in the skyline of that particular area, but half the height of the building Law was currently standing in.

While most Hero Agencies were smaller and more modest, more along the lines of Best Jeanist who only had a 5-story building, Endeavor and All Might had monolithic skyscrapers, earned by the sheer number of cases they've resolved.

"No wonder this penthouse is so fucking expensive," Law grumbles. "Would have to be a dumbass to commit a crime this close to Endeavor and his flaming idiots, and just one prefecture over is king meathead himself...for now."

---30 Minutes later.

Sitting at a balcony table in a restaurant only a few blocks away from his penthouse Law is enjoying his lunch.

Wearing a simple black t-shirt, short sleeves to expose his tattoos, and a low cut to show off a bit of the ink on his chest. Along with simple blue jeans and a black belt, his white and blue watch was swapped out for a black and gold edition.

Grilled beef, white rice, fruits and vegetables, and a glass of orange juice. Nothing fancy, dessert is what he was really here for after all. This restaurant is famous for its Parfait.

Feeling his phone vibrate on the table Law flips it over to glance at the screen, slightly missing the fact that the caller ID would just appear in his visor when it was on, now aware that he'd have to make sure nobody saw Nezu's name if he was calling him.

He glances about for barely a second, all the other patrons focused entirely on their food.

"Gild, what's going on?" Law asks, relaxing back in his seat.

"Everything is ready for tonight," a cheerful man answers through the phone. "All the fighters are lined up, the tickets are sold, invitations sent out...and we've even got some early bets starting."

"The best fighters?" Law asks.

"Well you only gave me two weeks to put this together, but a big pot always attracts the best fighters...and they've never seen money like this before, hell I've never seen money like this before."

"Anyone special?"

"Well you wanted brawlers, we got some E and D list Pros, and a special treat or two, but no Pro above that would get caught dead in this, reputation and all that shit."

"Tch, don't they know laws only apply to poor people," Law chuckles.

"Obviously not, that's why they're heroes," Gild laughs so hard Law has to move the phone away from his ear. "Anyway, not everyone can just make a generous donation to the cops retirement and disability fund like you alright."

"Hey now," Law sounds amused and offended. "I don't bribe them to give me a pass...I also donate to the fire department...ya know...the Matani Estate is very charitable to our brave servicemen and women."

Gild laughs into the phone again, "you say that like you don't remember what happened the night we met..."

"Uh," Law thinks about it for a second before lowering his voice. "Yeah we were in Shibuya after the supercar auction, and you tried to fight me because your favorite girl was in my room and you were in the mood to do coke off her tits..."

"Wait..." Gild thinks about it for a second. "Oh yeah...guess the fire was with someone else huh."

"Definitely..."

"Well, anyway, I'll send a car for you and whoever you're bringing tonight."

"It's just me tonight. The new job keeps me busy sadly," Law says.

"Well I'll find some pretty things to keep you company in your private box, I'll call if anything changes."

"Gotcha, just---"

BOOM!

The building opposite Law suddenly begins crumbling as a gigantified villain, 15m -45ft- tall, erupts from it and begins swinging wildly.

"---Gotta go Gild," Law says before hanging up. Simply remaining in this seat as all the other patrons begin scrambling about, watching the fight with mild amusement.

'Honestly, I feel like every other villain has gigantification with how common this shit is...'

But as he's about to get bored the massive, lanky and thin, grey-skinned villain is suddenly attacked by a flying hero blasting out of the building.

Delta Stream, he wore a skin-tight all-red suit with a long flowing cape, and hanging from his arms was another hero wearing a grey and blue costume with a red cape, the suit rose into a hood that covered his right eye, leaving only his left eye and mouth exposed, X-Less.

Watching the duo zip around Law couldn't help but enjoy the show. Some may call it gluttony, or maybe just being ungrateful. But the human desire for more is insatiable.

And for as long as he could remember, Law Matani has always been jealous of those who could fly.

Delta Stream throws X-Less high into the air, and on the way down he lines up his eye blast, and first a wide laser down at the villain, completely knocking him out.

'Laser eyes are so damn cool,' Law thinks to himself. 'Maybe in ten years I'll have enough energy for that...'

But not before the wild flailing arm catches Delta Stream with a lucky strike and knocks the hero into the road below.

And without any physical augmentation effect on his body, simply pure flight is his only ability.

SPLAT!

Watching from two stories up on the balcony Law sees X-Less holding Delta Stream in his arms as the hero takes his last breath.

If only they had a doctor on the scene with a healing Quirk, or even better, someone with a warping Quirk that could have helped him avoid being hit.

But alas, Horizon was not at the scene, just Law Matani watching with uninterested eyes as yet another hero dies.

"Fuck," Law mutters under his breath, turning around to see the entire restaurant empty. "I'm not gonna get my parfait..."

END CHAPTER---

172