Chapter 5-A sweet and delicious Aroma.
242 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Crouching low like a predator behind the old tattered and dilapidated stone wall, Primordius breathed as little as possible, inhaling with quick gasps only when he was unable to hold his breath anymore.

 

Despite being reincarnated into the body of the abyssal beast not too long ago, Primordius seemed to have perfect control over his new body.

 

Whether it was the twelve tentacles-like tails at his rear end or his six legs, he was able to control every inch of his body at will without any awkwardness.

 

It was quite frightening actually, Primordius felt as though he has always been this abyssal monster and this abyssal monster has always been who he was.

 

‘It is kinda weird.’ Thought Primordius before he began scanning his surrounding.

 

The soil beneath him was dark and lifeless as if someone had spread deadly chemicals all over it or had been scorched by flames.

 

As he peered a little further, he could see dilapidated walls and crumbling citadels along with remnants of floating palaces everywhere.

 

A smell of death and decay permeated the air. Numerous skeletons of varying sizes and shapes were scattered on the ground. Some belong to humans while others to beasts.

 

Looking through where giant buildings and citadels once stood and gazing over the scorched land, one had the same forlorn sense you sometimes get when walking through a war-ridden and chaotic apocalyptic land. This was a no-man land.

 

How did this city fall and how many died when this city fell? Whose bones lie in the shadows of this ruined city? Numerous questions flashed into the ever-curious Primordius’ mind.

 

Meanwhile, as Primordius was lying in wait, the chatter became louder and clearer. In the next seconds, several shadowy figures could be seen approaching in the distance.

 

As they get closer, Primordius was able to get an overview of them. There were at least a dozen of them.

 

Glad in gleaming silver armor, their faces were concealed behind their elaborate helms and their burning eyes could be seen peered out in an almost bestial fashion.

 

With their right hands tightly grip on the sword’s handles on their waists, they remained consummate professionals and were ready to fight at any given moment.

 

Although they were few in number, the dozen of them gave the feeling of an impenetrable bastion and had the momentum of a grand army.

They were being led by a young man and an old man in a loose grey robe. Even though these two suppressed their aura, one could tell that they were powerful individuals.

 

That was even more true for the young man, he wore an expensive set of garments featuring finely embroidered silk panels and elegant stitching in gold and silver thread.

 

He had an imposing appearance. With bright eyes and sharp brows, he exuded an extraordinary presence, like a crane in a flock of chickens.

 

It was unknown if it was his predatory instinct or his accumulated experience as an immortal cultivator, but with just a single glance, Primordius could tell that these people were strong and the current him was no match for them.

 

The young man and the old man were speaking in a language he couldn’t understand, but from his expression, Primordius could tell that he was upset about something.

 

“Your highness, I’m afraid this is very dangerous. We should stop going any further. I have a bad feeling about this place.” Said the grey robe old man in a worried manner.

 

“I understand how you feel.” Said the young man.

 

“However, we have already lost the Staff of the great Archmage Gideon to the 2nd Prince. We can’t go home empty-handed. We need to find a treasure as powerful as the staff of the great Archmage Gideon or even more powerful.”

 

“Didn’t they say that there was a supreme treasure born at the center of the dark evil forest, we need to find it before that bastard 2nd prince.”

 

“Furthermore, if there really is such supreme treasure, there have to be hidden dangers. Where in this world will there be a supreme treasure that is easily obtained!”

 

“If there is such a powerful supreme treasure, I will need such a thing to help me accomplish my ambitions!” Finished speaking, his eyes revealed a scary, yet determined glare.

 

Seeing the determined look on his young Lord's face, the old man didn’t say anything. He stopped trying to dissuade him.

 

At the same time, he also agreed with him. In order to accomplish a great deed and step onto the throne, one needed such ambition, and such firm willpower.

 

Meanwhile, as the old man and young man were chattering with each other and moving forward, Primordius suddenly caught a whiff of an attractive aroma that ignited and stimulated his appetite.

 

‘Where the hell does this smell come from?’ Inwardly thought Primordius as he began looking around for the source of the aroma.

 

Primordius had never smelled something this delicious before, even in the immortal realm. Just the smell alone was enough to make him ravenous.

 

However, no matter where he looked he couldn’t find the source of the aroma. Meanwhile, the aroma was becoming stronger and stronger with each passing second.

 

‘Just where are you coming from?’ He felt so hungry! He needed to find the source of that aroma and figure out if it were edible.

 

After calming himself down and following the sweet aroma scent with a sensitive nose. He finally saw the source of it. However, the moment he found it, his face darkened.

 

And that was because it was the group of people coming towards him in the distance.

 

Maybe he knew it all along and wanted to deny it or to be untrue. However, the proof was too clear to be denied.

 

His mouth couldn’t help but water at the sight of the people coming toward him. The aroma being emitted from them was like that of a perfectly seasoned grilled pork, making him feel exceptionally hungry!

 

That was even more true for the young man, he smelled like a perfectly braised heavenly chicken one would only find in the immortal realm.

 

It was quite intoxicating, he emitted a savory scent that brought out the ravenous beast in him. Nothing would be more satisfying than slicing into this moist and tender heavenly chicken with his knife-like claws.

 

Damn it!

 

Even though Primordius was known as the embodiment of evil in the immortal realm, he never stoop so low as to consume another human flesh.

 

His moral compass wasn't broken to this extinct. Eating human flesh was another level of evil on its own.

 

However, now, he had this strong desire and impulse to pounce on these people to eat their flesh and drink their blood, literally.

 

As they got closer, Primordius could feel his mind giving way to his hunger. His eyes were radiating cold malice and endless, apoplectic hunger.

 

‘Oh god, I can’t……I can’t let this happen……. I need to control myself.’ Thought Primordius as he was trying his best not to be taken over by his hunger like before and pounced towards these people that triggered this cephalic food response.

 

Even though he was reincarnated into an abyssal beast, his soul was still that of a human. As such, eating another human was considered one of the greatest taboos, something that even the evilest person wouldn’t do. Once a person crossed that line then his or her humanity was officially gone.

 

Soon, the dozen of knight clad in silver armor was only a few feet away from Primordius who was hiding behind the old and dilapidated stone wall as they were passing by the old broken road along with the young man and the old man.

 

This caused the aroma to become even stronger, strong to the point it even filled up Primordius’s nostrils.

 

He felt as though he was sitting at a table filled with a variety of delicious meals and all he had to do was to reach out and took a bite to quell his craving and his belly’s emptiness.

 

Seeing that he was unable to keep his lucidity as the hunger was taking over him, Primordius quietly put one of his tails in his mouth and bite it with all his might.

 

He bit so hard that it almost got cut in half. At the same time, the excruciating pain caused him to quietly groan in pain.

 

“Huh, did you hear something just now?” Said the young man as he abruptly stopped to look around.

 

Following his action, the grey robe old man also stopped and the dozen of knights became extremely alert.

 

“I am sorry your highness, it is this old man's fault. I accidentally stepped onto one of the bones on the ground.” Said the old man with an apologetic tone.

 

However, even after saying that, the young man still didn't let his guard as he continued to scan his surroundings.

‘This wasn’t the sound of broken bones but a groan of a beast or a person in pain.’ He thought.

 

“Also, I already cast a life detection spell which covers a distance of 30 meters radius. There’s no living being on our close approximate.” Said the old man after seeing that his young lord was still on high alert.

 

“Alright then, let’s continue moving forward. We need to find that supreme treasure..” Answered the young man as he became reassured after hearing the old man’s words.

11