Chapter 6-The First Acquired Skill
235 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

‘That was a close one.’ Primordius breathed a sigh of relief as he watched the young man along with the guards clad in silver armor getting further and further away from his location.

 

At the same time, the sweet aroma scent emitted from their bodies became extremely faint as well, faint to the point of being negligible.

 

As such, Primordius was able to regain his wits and stabilize his mental state. However, the urge didn't disappear. It was still there but just not as strong as it was before when they were closed by.

 

Also, the pain from his wounded tails hurt like hell, but not as much as almost having his mind controlled and consumed by hunger.

 

As a control freak, Primordius detested being manipulated and always liked to be in control no matter the situation, even in death.

 

He trained his mind to be tougher than his emotions and impulses. He prided himself on being cold and calculative.

 

However, for the first time, he felt as if he had no control over his life , not even over his emotions.

When he first caught the whiff of that attractive aroma that was coming from these people earlier, his thoughts became slow and grew hazy.

 

It felt as if something was muddling them, making it hard to concentrate. He felt his muscles move, as though someone else had taken control of them.

 

His senses became dull and his free will was fading, he was consumed by this singular thought, devouring these people.

 

Luckily after biting his tail, he was able to jog his brain and awaken from this state. He then proceeded to turn his mind inward, breathing in slowly and feeling his center fill with his sense of self.

 

He then breathed out as he focused on the emotions that threatened his mind. His exhalation carried foreign feelings with it. They washed over and out of him, leaving only serenity behind.

 

‘I narrowly escaped death or captivity.’ He thought as he began analyzing his current situation.

 

If he had been discovered by the young man and his companions, there’s no way he could have defeated them all and successfully escaped. Only death was awaiting if he had been discovered.

 

Whether it was through their steady breathing, their posture, and their presence, he could tell that the people clad in gleaming silver armor weren't some ragtag group but well-disciplined battle-hardened veterans.

 

Nonetheless, back in his old days, he could have taken care of them with just a sneeze. However, the current him was just a weak newly born abyssal beast. He didn't have the power to handle one of them let alone all of them together.

 

Even after they were far away, Primordius didn’t immediately get up. He continued to hide behind the old tattered wall while suppressing all of his presence and pondering his next course of action.

 

He thought he was all alone in this place that seemed like a world of an already-collapsed civilization, but it seemed that it wasn't the case.

 

Right now, what he lacked the most was information. Information was extremely vital for him at the moment as it would improve the outcomes of his action as well as eliminate his uncertainty before making a decision.

 

It hasn’t even been a day yet since he was reincarnated into this strange land. He has yet to know the name of this new world or the kinda people who lived there, their culture and history, etc.

 

He had so much to learn if he wanted to survive and gain footing in this strange new land.

 

Meanwhile, as Primordius was lost in thought, the system’s notification suddenly rang out in his mind.

 

[Congratulations, you have successfully acquired the skill ‘ Presence Concealment’, Rank: A]

 


[Presence Concealment: A skill that allows the user to erase one’s odor, breathing, and even presence.]

 

[Duration: 1 minute, Cooldown: 24 hours after every three uses]

 

‘Huh!’

 

Promorduis was a little taken aback as he looked at this sudden notification. He couldn't believe that the voice in his head recognized the skill he was using.

 

This was a low-rank breathing technique that almost all cultivators in the immortal realm knew as it allowed one to erase one's presence and fell into this kinda inanimate state.

 

Even though it was a skill used mostly by assassins, almost all the righteous sects, powerful families, and demonic sects in the immortal realm taught it to their disciples as it was extremely useful.

 

Nonetheless, despite being a powerful and extremely useful passive technique, it had its limits. In front of the strong and powerful, this technique was useless. Plus, there were also many other techniques that allowed one to see through it.

 

If it wasn't for that breathing technique, Primordius would have been a goner by now because when the young man was looking around, he felt a wave of subtle energy scanning his body and the surrounding area which came from the grey robe old man.

 

‘This place is a little dangerous, I need to get out of here and find a new place to hide until I figure out what to do next.’ Thought Primordius as he began to analyze his current position a little bit before heading north.

 

He had no real destination in mind. He just wanted to find a safe place to hide to get his thoughts together.

 

Now knowing that he wasn't alone, Primordius didn't dare to travel in the open. Instead, he passed through places where there were many broken buildings and walls, places where he could quickly hide just in case he encountered any other humans.

 

As Promordius was traveling north, he got to see more about this once impressive ruined city.

 

Ruined buildings loomed high on all sides, their windows and doors agape in seeming astonishment at their own destruction.

 

A pungent decay smell overlaid the area, and strange black motes floated through the air.

 

The ground was littered with an unbelievable amount of cracks as if this land had been burned by the strongest flame in this world!

 

It was unknown if it was a man-made calamity or a natural disaster. Primordius had the feeling that it was the prior rather than the latter.

 

Along the way, Primordius also encountered many other groups of humans. He did his best to avoid them. Unlike his first encounter, this group of humans seemed weaker and less organized.

 

Some of them were digging the ground looking for treasures while others were plundering the skeletons that littered the ground.

 

They all had a looked of excitement on their faces and were laughing like a maniac while doing so.

 

“Hurry, hurry, bring the shovel. I found something.”

 

“A mana stone......”

One of them couldn’t believe it as he was looking at an azure crystal in his hand.

 

He was moved and excitedly said: “Haha! I am rich now, it’s a high-grade one!”

 

“I found a spatial magic ring…..” Said another one as he rip out a small rusty ring from a white skeleton along with its finger before he uncontrollably jumped up from excitement.

 

“Hey I saw it first, it’s mine.”

 

“Come back where are you running?”

 

“This spatial magic ring is my family heirloom. You just robbed my great-grandfather’s skeleton.”

 

‘Just what the hell is this place? Is it some sort of battleground?’ Thought Primordius as he was looking at this scene.

 

After running around for about twenty minutes or so, Primordius found a small hole that led underground to a small broken stone house.

 

‘This is perfect.’ He thought. He then crouched his body on the ground before crawling into the small hole.

9