Chapter 7-Reborn
216 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As the sun dipped below the horizon, the dark evil forest was now ready to experience its first fogless night after spending the whole day snuggling into the warm embrace of the sun.

 

Meanwhile, as if couldn't wait, the moons came into the sky as a mother came to sing a soft lullaby, to ease her children into a star-filled night.

 

The both of them gracefully took their places in the heavens, content to ever-reflect the light of the sun. One of them was bright white while the other was blood red.

 

The blood-red one hung in the sky like an expectant sanguine eye. It simmered above, a crucible of fear, greed, murder, destruction, and horror.

 

Meanwhile, the bright white moon glowed in the starry sky, like an enormous gem atop a pile of jewels.

 

Its moonlight gave off a comfortable and soothing glow. Just looking at it was enough to clear one’s mind and soul of any negative emotions.

 

‘Interesting.’ Thought Primordius as he was looking at the two moons in tbe sky through the rubble of his underground cave or hiding spot.

 

He has traveled to many places and visited many lower realms. However, he has never witnessed or heard of any world with two moons, one blood red while the other bright white.

 

However, that wasn't all. When looking at the blood moon, he felt his soul and his entire being resonated with it, as if they were two kindles' souls. At the same time, he felt as if all of his negative emotions were being amplified.

 

Meanwhile, he only sensed rejection from the bright white moon. It looked as though was trying to suppress and purify him. It was truly an odd feeling.

 

‘It seems like this world is more interesting than I thought.’ Even with his vast amount of experience and knowledge, he couldn't explain and comprehend this phenomenon.

 

Meanwhile, the dark evil forest wasn't the only one getting ready for its first fogless night, the hundred adventurers were getting ready to spend their first night in the dark evil forest as well after a long day of plundering and looting.

 

Not even in their wildest dream did they ever expect something like that to happen in their lifetime, them comfortably spending the night in the dark evil forest.

 

At this moment, hundreds of tents could be seen scattered about and standing in silent vigil beneath the starry night sky, their flaps fluttering gently in the frigid air.

 

Groups huddled together before their tents, and gathered around cookfires; the smell of roasting food mingled with strong liquor and the hum of quiet conversation.

 

Dozens of campfires shone like a bright band, giving the abandoned ruined city a rich touch of human civilization.

 

Soon, the music lifted into the air as hands take to stringed instruments, flutes, drums, etc.

 

At this moment, the once abandoned ruined city was now extremely lively and bustling with excitement.

 

If it wasn't for the destroyed buildings and walls as well as the skeletons that littered the ground, one might even think that this was a regular bustling city.

 

As the night deepened, the campfires have been extinguished and tents tied shut as many of the adventures have hit the sack, leaving only a few on guard duty.

 

It was a little past midnight and the entire dark evil forest was now enshrouded by darkness as a thick gray cloud covered the sky.

 

Meanwhile, at the northern end of the dark evil forest stood a little tent in a small open space, which landscape slightly inclined like a gentle mountain slope.

 

While most of the tents were in proximity to each other and even in groups, this little one was all alone like a lone wolf.

 

It was quite small and could house a maximum of three people. While the little tent was already tied shut, the shadow of a figure could be seen on watch with his hands resting on the stock of a worn crossbow.

 

A few hundred feet away from the small tent stood the remains of what used to be a house. Out of the rubble, a pair of searing red eyes could be seen peering out.

 

‘So, after humping your girl all night, you decided to keep watch while she’s sleeping.’ Thought Primordius as he was looking at the middle-aged man in front of the small tent.

 

Even though it was pitch black outside, so dark that one wouldn’t be able to see their fingers in front of them, it was as bright as the day for Primordius. He was able to see everything clearly as though it was daytime.

 

He wasn't using some sort of visual skill or martial technique, it was simply an innate trait of him as an abyssal beast.

 

Primoduis was both shocked and happy upon discovering this ability. He felt as if his entire body was a giant unexplored treasure trove, waiting for him to uncover it little by little.

 

‘No wonder you chose to put your little tent away from the others. With the way you guys scream and yelled when having sex, no one would be able to endure that.’ He added.

 

‘But why the hell did you have to set up your tent right in front of my hiding spot?’ He thought as he's been desperately fighting the urge to eat them due to the delicious aroma their bodies were emitting.

 

At this moment, he was at his wit's end, and all his twelve tentacles' tails were now all injured as he has bitten them all to stay awake.

 

One has to understand that except for the broken eggshells, he hasn't eaten anything the whole day since he was reincarnated into this abyssal beast with a super metabolism system.

 

If it was someone else in the body of this abyssal beast, their mind would have already been overtaken by their hunger.

 

‘I don't think I can keep this up. What’s the use of going against my very nature and instinct?’

 

‘I am no longer a human anymore but a predatory beast, so why keep following the same rules and regulations?’ What’s the use of hanging to little thread of humanity I have left.’

 

As he said this, memories of his previous lives in the immortal realm emerged before his eyes.

 

Whether it was from the first, second, or even third, his thirst for power has never changed. Instead, it grew bigger and bigger and in every life like a never-ending void.

 

‘Rules, Regulations, morals, humanity…’

 

His thousand years of experience accumulated over three lifetimes has allowed him to understand some of the secrets of life.

 

All lifeforms, whether it was the devil race, the human race, or the monster race have their own rules and regulations by which they acted.

 

Everyone has its own rules and regulations, every profession has its own rules and regulations, and every society and group also has its own rules and regulations.

 

Everyone had their own standpoints, desires, and principles. There's no such thing as good and evil. Good and evil were something we determined according to our own rule and regulations. It wasn't something ordained by the heavens or a higher power but us.

 

‘Is it considered evil for the monster race to view the human race as nothing but ‘livestock?’

 

Yeah! But not to the monsters due to their own rules and regulations. The universe is a cold and uncaring place. It wasn't going to punish them for doing so as it allowed it to happen.

 

The rules and regulations of the darkness were darkness, and the rules and regulations of the light were light. They were both parts of nature.

 

‘I always say that I would do everything to stand at the top of the food chain and unearth the secret of creation and the universe, but it was all a lie.’

 

‘In the end, I still subconsciously put some restrictions on myself. It's time to let go.’ As this thought crossed his mind, Primordius’s eyes became clear and focused again.

 

‘It’s time to embrace my new self, the old immortal primordius is dead and gone.’ He inwardly declared as his searing red eyes alight with malice and destruction as he was looking at the middle-aged man keeping watch in front of the tent.

 

It might be a futile attempt to justify his action. However, the moment Primordius made this decision, he felt relaxed and carefree; at this second, his mind gained a rare moment of serenity.

 

The past memories in his heart were like smoke; they had already dispersed away along with the old rules and regulations that used to shackle him. He was now reborn anew.

 


[Congratulations, you have successfully awakened the innate skill ‘ Abyssal Will’, Rank:???]

 

[Abyssal Will: An innate skill that allows the user to maintain his rationality in any given situation. Complete immunity to mind control, illusion, mind attacks, and brainwashing class curses]


[Your alignment has been determined: Neutral Evil]

7