Chapter 11- The Grand Plane System
215 2 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'This world sure is interesting.' Primordius inwardly thought. His lips couldn't help but curve upward into a sinister smile as he recalled the information he got after eating Edwin's brain.

 

This lower realm was known as the Naladeid plane. When it came to size, though it couldn't compare to the immortal realm, it was exponentially bigger than any lower realms he had visited in the past.

 

It had an equatorial circumference of about 50,000 miles and a polar circumference of approximately 49, 000 miles. It was a world of mighty continents and vast seas.

 

It was the home of countless millions of humans, elves, mermaids, dwarves, halflings, ferocious magic beasts, demons, and other strange sentient beings.

 

It was a land of magic and intrigue, cruel violence and divine compassion, where gods and demons have ascended and died, and millennia of warfare and conquests have shaped dozens of unique cultures.

 

'So many rare and unique dishes. Can't wait to feast upon them, especially those of so-called gods.' He inwardly said with a wolfish grin on his cruel face while ravenously licking his lips.

 

As an ex-immortal realm cultivator, Primordius didn't consider the so-called gods of this world as true gods as they only gained their title and divinity through worship.

 

It wasn't something they acquired through cultivation but through worship and followers. As their powers were proportional to the number of worshippers, their divine strength would fade with the decrease of worshippers.

 

If all worship of them were to cease or all their worshippers were to die, they would completely fade out of existence. Such power wasn't true power, such gods shouldn't be considered true gods.

 

Another aspect of this world that Primordius found very interesting was their strength ranking system.

 

Unlike the immortal realm, a person's strength and power were calculated through a numeric system known as Level in this world.

 

This numeric system was the product of something referred to as the Grand Plane System by the natives and it governed every aspect of this world.

 

As for the origin of the Grand Plane System, according to the inhabitants, it was created by the combined powers of the so-called gods.

 

It monitored everything from the flow of energy to the distribution and bestowing of skills. It can be described as an omnipresent being that oversees everything in this world.

 

Though it was said to be created by the gods, the Grand Plane System wasn't under the influence of any of the gods which Primordius found kinda odd.

 

It was an independent entity. It was a completely emotionless and egoless entity that carried out its assigned tasks without fail like a computer program.

 

Nonetheless, the gods still could use it as intermediaries to bestow skills upon their followers and even choose their apostles based on their achievements and innate talents.

 

The Grand Plane System neither takes direct action nor plays a hand in any of the world's and its inhabitants' actions. It was completely neutral and was more like an observer.

'This Grand Plane System is kinda similar to heaven's will. It felt more like some sort of weird manifestations of this World's Will.' Thought Primordius.

 

The so-called heaven's will was just a set of laws that governed the world. It was not sentient and couldn't think for itself. It was ethereal by nature and was naturally difficult to decipher.

 

The inhabitants of the Naladeid plane usually hear the voice of the Grand Plane System when undergoing the System awakening, acquiring a skill through achievement or bestowment, obtaining their professions, and undergoing an evolution.

 

'Truly interesting!'

 

'Turns out that every intelligent being in this world has awakened this so-called system and the blue screen that tells them about their physical stats, but why is mine so different? Even my system's voice isn't the same as the others.' He inwardly thought.

 

Though he had never heard the voice of the Grand Plane System before, he knew what it sounded like through Edwin and the young woman's memories. As such, he was able to see the difference between the two.

 

Aside from that, while the inhabitants of this world rarely heard the voice of the Grand Plane System in their heads, the one in his head alerted him of his every little achievement without fail.

 

It was as if it was explicitly pushing him to improve and get stronger as fast as possible. The Grand Plane system was supposed to be emotionless and egoless. However, Primordius felt as though his wasn't.

 

Even though the voice of his system was cold and emotionless, Primordius had the feeling that it had self-awareness and ego.

 

'I don't think my system is the same or the product of the Grand Plane System of this world. I think it's something entirely different that's trying to disguise itself as the Grand Plane System.'

 

Unlike his system, the Grand Plane system doesn't provide exp when killing people or other sentient beings.

 

The inhabitants of this world still had to go through rigorous training and consume many elixirs to increase their strength just like any warriors.

 

The Grand Plane System only allowed them to visually monitor their progress and their physical conditions by showing them their stats, classes, and mastery of their skills through the status window.

 

'Ohh well, thinking about it won't change anything. With my current power, I can't do anything about it. It's not like it's gonna tell me about its origin and objective if I ask nicely.'

 

'For now, I'll continue to play along as our objectives align. It wants me to get stronger and I want to be the strongest.'

 

'Let's not think too much and get back to work. Can't let the preys wait too long.' He inwardly with a more determined and focused expression on his fiendish face as he made his way out of his hiding spot.

 

Right now, it didn't matter whether his system was fake, he only had one goal and it was to get stronger as soon as possible to be able to protect himself in this savage and barbaric world.

 

10