Chapter 14-A Bone Chilling Hunt(III)
197 3 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'I have to admit, it was truly an excellent idea to torment them before eating them.' As Primordius recalled the captivating taste of his previous meals, he could not help but lick his lips as a trace of intoxication appeared in his red searing eyes.

 

Indeed, not only he was able to easily extract a large amount of negative energy from them, but their fleshes have also somehow become even more delicious.

 

The fear and despair were like flavorful adrenaline that coursed throughout their entire bodies and seasoned them from the inside which made their raw fleshes even more delicious and mouthwatering.

 

The more afraid and frightened they were, the tastier and tender their fleshes became.

 

'Truly marvelous.' Every time he opened them up with his knife-like claws while being in a state of despair, their inside released an intoxicating aroma that almost drove him mad.

 

For instance, that woman that committed suicide earlier after falling into a bottomless pit of despair and mentally broken.

 

When he took the first bite out of her, an intense fragrance burst out of her and surged inside his mouth. When his taste buds registered the delicious taste of that tender flesh, his body couldn't help but tremble.

 

His eyes almost popped out as he vigorously chewed every piece of bloody raw flesh in his mouth, seemingly intending to even swallow his own tongue.

 

When he swallowed it down into his stomach, he even moaned because of how utterly delicious it had been. He never knew something could be this delicious.

 

'That was truly the best meal I've ever had so far.'

 

Aside from that, every time he devoured his prey, he felt his mind filled with euphoria as he also sensed an overwhelming power coursing inside of him. It was truly an addicting feeling.

 

At this moment, It could be said that Primordius had completely severed all ties he had to being' Human' without even realizing it and his action was getting closer and closer to that of a true abyssal being from the forgotten era.

 

Meanwhile, whether it was Dante or Handal, both of their legs were shaking while they themselves were unable to stand straight as they were looking at atrocious and vicious beast prey stalking them.

 

None of them have ever heard of or seen such a scary-looking monster before. It was like the embodiment of horror.

 

The most frightening part was its long teeth that extended all the way down to its jaws, dripping with blood. These were long and sharp teeth that could bite and tear through everything in this world!

 

Another horrifying factor was its pair of eyes. It was a fiendish pair of eyes capable of swallowing up souls, like a monster that specialized in soul-eating.

 

"Dante, what should we do." Hegel suddenly asked in a stuttering voice. His heart was beating fast to the point it felt like It was about burst out from his stomach as he was looking at this terrifying monster slowly prowling around, like a predator stalking and measuring its prey.

 

"There's no way we can beat that monster" Interrupted Handal while looking at the dark nightmarish creature in front of them. Even a Gold Rank warrior wouldn't be able to help himself before its presence, let alone a Bronze Rank Archer like himself.

 

"We only have one choice, and that is to run to the inner area where the Gold and Diamond Rank warrior gathers." Said Handal.

 

Even though he was scared shirtless, he was still able to think rationally and make level-headed decisions. He knew that they had no chance against such a terrifying monster and what happened to the middle-aged man and his party was living proof of that.

 

Aside from that, the monster was giving off a shiver-inducing aura that broke his battle spirit and his will fight. Even his appraisal skill couldn't work on this monster as he couldn't see its level.

 

It was unknown whether it was using a powerful mental barrier or if its level was simply so high that he couldn't view its information.

Nonetheless, no matter the reason, he knew that only death awaited them if he were to fight such a monster.

 

As the middle-aged man was his first target. He was hoping that the monster would eat him first which would give them enough time to run deeper into the inner area where there were more powerful warriors and mages.

 

As for the middle-aged man, he was currently paralyzed from fear and fell into a mental breakdown as everything that happened in the last few hours came back to him the moment he saw Primordius.

 

It wasn't something that his sanity could endure. He wanted to move his legs but couldn't. It was as if his brain has been completely switched off and cut off from the rest of his body.

 

He was twitching and spasming violently on the ground as if he was having a heart attack.

 

[You have gained 10 fear points]


[You have gained 10 despair points]


[You have gained 10 fear points]


[You have gained 10 despair points]

 

'This one is already done for.' Said Primordius while looking at the middle-aged man twitching on the ground. He didn't even need the system to smell the overwhelming stench of fear and despair emitting from his body.

 

'However it's those bastards, It seems like they plan on making a run for it. However, how could I let them go just like that.' Primordius inwardly thought.

 

Even though he still could not speak in human tongue, he could now understand their language unlike before. As such, he was aware of their plan as they were discussing it right in front of him, unaware that he could understand them.

 

Grrrr!" With an appalling murderous aura, Primordius let out a terrifying roar that could shatter one eardrum before he ferociously pounced on the archer in an invincible manner.

 

Seeing the monster pouncing at him, Handal didn't run because he knew that he wouldn't be able to outrun the beast.

 

As such, he immediately took out three arrows from his quiver and notched them into his longbow before yelling."Multi-shot."

 

Swish! Swish! Swish!

 

He was extremely fast. Whether it was taking the arrows out of the quiver behind his back, notching them into his longbow, or shooting them, it didn't even a take him a second to complete all three tasks. One could tell that he wasn't an amateur but a pro.

 

The sound of the arrows breaking the air came a long time after the release as they flew towards the incoming Primordius at a lightning speed.

 

From that short distance, Handal knew that it was impossible for even such a powerful monster to dodge.

 

"Die, you filthy beast." He yelled. He could already see the illusion of the three arrows piercing through Primordius's eyes and throat.

 

He already knew that Primordius had thick skin, as such, from the three arrows, two of them were aiming at his eyes while the other one to its neck.

 

"That monster is done now." Even Hegel was certain of the monster's demise after he saw the shadows of the arrows cutting through the air like a streak of lightning.

 

However, in the next second, they saw something unbelievable enough to make their jaw drop to the ground - the monster caught all three arrows inches away from his throat and eyes with his tentacles-like tails.

 

'You are still too green to go against this well-seasoned immortal.' Primordius inwardly said before breaking the three arrows with his tails as he continued to pounce towards Handal. He didn't even stop his movement to begin with

 

Though the arrows might look extremely fast in the eyes of the others, in his eyes, they were moving extremely slow, and he didn't even need to dodge them as he raised three of his tails and easily caught them.

 

As he was able to fully and perfectly control each and every muscle in his body, from his head to his tail, catching three arrows with his tails was like a piece of cake.

 

"How, how can this be?" Astonishment struck Handal and the others as they couldn't believe their eyes.

 

Swoopsh~

 

While Handal was still in a daze by this sudden turn of events as the multi-shot was his most powerful skill, Primordius was already right in front of him as it moved like a black lightning strike.

 

Swoosh!

 

Primordius leaped towards Handal without showing any mercy. With Handal's meager bronze rank strength, he was no match for Primordius.

 

He was instantly pushed onto the ground. Primordius was extremely ferocious and vicious. He opened his large mouth and bit down on the head of Handal, putting the entire head into his mouth.

 

Ahhh…..

 

A terrifying scream was heard from Primordius's mouth followed by a sound of bones cracking as Handal's head had been bitten off by Primordius. Blood poured out from the neck like a fountain, shooting at least one meter far.

 

Pu!

He then spat the head out of his mouth. Handal's skull flew a few meters away. The face was staring up towards the sky. Blood stains were all over the face, and the eyes were wide open.

 

Shhh~~

 

Whether it was Hegel or Dante, they felt a chill run down their spines. This beast was simply too cruel.

 

At the same time, they were paralyzed due to fear. Even if they weren't afraid of death, they were afraid of the cause. Handal's horrible ending scared the shit out of them.

 

'One down.' Primordius inwardly said as a malicious smile appeared on his face before opening his big mouth and showing off his bloody white long teeth while looking at both Hegel and Dante.

 

"Shit! run...…" They simultaneously yelled out after regaining their wits before they immediately made a run for it.

9