Chapter 16-Shadow jump
166 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

[Congratulations! You have successfully devoured a Level 18 creature]

 

[Your Exp has reached the max]

 


[You have leveled up]

 


[Strength has increased by 5]

 


[Stamina has increased by 5]

 


[Agility has increased by 5]

 

[Abyssal Energy has increased by 5]

 

[Constitution stats has increased by 5]

 

[Intelligence Stats has increased by 1]

 

[Wisdom Stats has increased by 1 

 

[Congratulations! You have reached Level 10 and have undergone your second awakening]

 


[Congratulations! You have unlocked the Unique skill’ Shadow Jump.’ Rank: Epic]

 

[Shadow Jump: a unique skill that allows the user to instantly transport oneself from one shadow to another within a 100 ft radius]

 

[Note: As a rare Epic Skill, the Shadow Jump skill has the ability to evolve and grow stronger along with the user. Its limit and power depend on the user]

[Cooldown: None, 1 Abyssal Energy=> 10 ft Shadow Jump]

 

‘Not bad.’ Primordius inwardly thought as he was looking through the description of the Shadow Jump.

 

Ever since he knew that he would be able to unlock a second unique skill after reaching level 10, Primordius was eagerly looking forward to it.

 

As his first unique skill’ Monster Creation’ 
was already a heaven-defying skill, he wanted to see what kinda surprise the system had for him.

 

Even though the Shadow Jump skill wasn't as powerful and overbearing as the Monster Creation skill, Primordius wasn't the least bit disappointed.

 

The Shadow Jump was still an extremely powerful skill with insane untapped potential. His own limit was the bottlecap of that skill's endless potential and power.

 

Aside from that, Primordius also wasn't surprised that the second unique skill granted by the system was related to darkness.

 

Though he didn't know about the true origin of the abyssal race, he was a hundred percent sure that they were a dark and evil race. The embodiment of bestial nature and brutality.

 

‘What don’t I give it a try.’ Said Primordius with a look of anticipation in his eyes.

 

He has never heard of such skill even in the Immortal realm. As a matter of a fact, he hasn't heard about any of the skills granted by the system in the Immortal realm, whether it was Chaos Eater or the Monster Creation skill.

 

Furthermore, each one of these two skills alone was powerful enough to flip a higher plane like the immortal realm upside down. Yet, he had both in a lower plane.

 

‘Luck is truly on my side.’ With these two skills alone, it wasn't an exaggeration to say that it was only a matter of time before he reached the apex of this universe and accomplished his long-awaited dream.

 

‘Now, let's see what the Shadow Jump can do.’ He added.

 

As the Shadow Jump was a unique skill that allowed the user to instantly transport oneself from one shadow to another within a 100 ft radius, Primordius’ target was a shadow made by a broken wall that was approximately 50 ft away.

 

He planned to use his own shadow to instantly teleport himself 50 ft away. As for the cost, he wasn't worried about it as he had collected a handful of abyssal energy from devouring the people earlier.

 

He took a deep breath and then focus his eyes on the shadow created by the broken wall fifty ft away. To use the Shadow Jump, the target or the designated shadow destination has to be within one line of sight.

 

With his focus on the dark area created by the broken wall, Primordius inwardly said’ Shadow Jump.’

 

Swoosh!

 

Before his voice could even fade away, his entire body was abruptly swallowed by his own shadow and disappeared before he instantly appeared fifty ft away in the dark area behind the broken wall.

 

‘Interesting, so that's how it felt like using Shadow Jump.’ Primordius inwardly thought as he was looking at his previous location.

 

The moment he activated the Shadow Jump Skill, he suddenly felt overtaken by a strange, invasive feeling.

 

Before he could make any sense of it, his surroundings blurred as he was suddenly yanked to the ground by his own shadow.

 

However, instead of hitting the ground, his body seemed to have passed right through it or phased right through it.

 

This sudden turn of events caused him to unconsciously blink his eyes closed for a second, and when he opened them, he had already emerged in the dark area fifty ft away from his previous location.

 

“It seems like 5 units of abyssal energy have also been drained from my stats after executing the Shadow Jump.’ He added as he was looking at his status window.

 

Name: Primordius

 

Race: The Last Abyssal

 

Level: 10 (14/5000)

 

Innate skill: Chaos Eater (Rank:???), Abyssal Will (Rank:???)

 

Unique skills: Monster Creation (Rank:???), Shadow Jump (Rank: Epic)

 

Acquired Skills: [Presence Concealment; Rank: A], [Esgali Language Comprehension, rank F], [Cooking; Rank: F], [Farming; Rank: F], [Basic Swordsmanship; Rank: E], [.......................]

 

Negative Energy: 1200

 

Monster Minions: None

 

....Physical Stats...

 


Strength: 39

 

Agility: 49

 

Stamina: 57

 

Constitution: 25

 

Intelligence: 48

 

Wisdom: 41

 

Abyssal Energy: 85/90

 

[Note: A third Unique Skill will be unlocked after the host reaches level 20]

...............

 

‘Not bad.’ Primordius inwardly thought as he was looking at his new stats. His level might be that of an Early Stage Bronze Rank magic beast, but his overall stats were comparable to that of a peak Silver Rank warrior or Knight.

 

‘But what about those damn useless acquired skills, what am I supposed to do with them? It’s not like I can use them.’ He said while looking at the cooking, farming, basic swordsmanship skill, etc.

 

All of these skills could only be used by humans or other types of humanoid creatures. They were useless to him and were taking up space for nothing.

 

It was also the main reason that he didn't even bother to use and learn the martial art techniques from his previous life.

 

Except for a selected few like the Presence concealment, the majority of them couldn't be used by a beast or non-humanoid creatures.

 

‘Ohh well, enough of this. I better get the hell out of here.’ He said as his red searing eyes darted around.

 

Ever since he started devouring Dante, he didn't know why but he had this uncanny sensation and nagging feeling of being watched from afar.

 

He glanced about, searching for the watcher, but found no one. Yet that uncanny sensation of being watched from afar was still there.

 

‘I think that’s it for me for today. I'm going to leave this damn place completely and head to the Evergreen Moutain range. This place is getting more dangerous for me.’ He said before he quickly disappeared from his previous location.

 

He didn't even bother to return for the middle-aged man and finished his meal. He was heading straight to the Evergreen Mountain range.

 

Meanwhile, not long after Primordius left, the silver-hair middle-aged man suddenly appeared in his previous location, next to Dante’s skeleton.

 

“That’s odd. Did it sense my presence or something or did it know I was coming?” He said while looking in the direction where Primordius had left with a pensive expression on his face.

 

“He didn't even come back to finish the other one and ran straight toward the Evergreen Mountain range.’

 

“Should I follow it?”

 

“Nah, maybe next time. I have more important things to take care of. I still need to find a way to stop people from discovering that thing” He added before turning back and disappearing into the horizon.

8