Chapter 23-The Enraged Blood Raging Ape.
161 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Primordius knew just how insanely powerful the Blood Raging Ape was as he had experienced its power firsthand in their previous battles.

Well, it wasn’t truly a battle but more like a one-sided beating. A true battle required the two opponents to be relatively even in strength. But it wasn’t the case for these two.

 

This was no exaggeration. The Blood Raging Ape was strong indeed. Whether it was speed, stamina, and raw physical power, he excelled in all of them. It was as if it had no weakness when it came to close combat.

 

It seemed as though he was able to perfectly control every muscle of his massive muscular body, from head to toe which allowed him to maximize his close-combat prowess.

 

That's not all. Primordius had fought the Blood Raging Ape on three separate occasions, and he has never seen him using his Berserk State skill even once.

 

This meant, he has yet to use his full power. He was still holding his punches. Yet, he was still able to effortlessly mop the floor with him and beat him to a pulp.

 

Thinking about this, Primordius couldn't help but use his front right paw to gently caress his jaw as his blood-red eyes were radiating a powerful killing intent.

 

The slight pain he felt somehow triggered a remembrance of the punches and kicks his body and face had endured when fighting that damn beast. The pain brought back unwanted memories.

 

He used to be so proud of his sturdy body and the obsidian black scales that covered it like an unbreakable armor, but one fight with the Blood Raging Ape showed him how conceited he was.

 

Even his sharp sword-like claws weren't able to do much damage to the Blood Raging Ape due to how tough his skin was.

 

After reincarnating into this world, his first fight as an abyssal beast was against humans. He was able to easily shred them and heavily injure them with his claws and fangs as their skins were extremely soft and tender.

 

However, it wasn't the case when it came to magic beasts. Primordius found it harder to deal with them than humans. He might have the body of a magic beast but his soul was still that of a human.

 

As such, he wasn't thinking and fighting recklessly like a true monster which caused him to be at a huge disadvantage sometimes.

 

The previous fights against the Blood Raging Ape showed him that clearly. That beast was unconventional and unpredictable. It relied purely on its beastly instinct to fight as such there was no clear pattern to follow and no way to predict its movements.

 

Aside from that, as an abyssal beast, he felt limited when it came to offensive moves. He only had a few offensive moves in his arsenal such as slashing attacks with its claws and bludgeoning attacks with its tail and bite.

 

Aside from those offensive attacks, he didn’t have any more moves. However, it wasn’t the case for the Blood Raging Ape. With its giant and perfectly built humanoid body, he could throw punches and kicks harder than even the most powerful human. Due to his humanoid form, he was able to use a variety of moves.

 

‘I have to admit, even if I were to break through the Silver Rank, I still might not be a match for that bastard in close combat.’

 

‘If I want to kill that bastard, I'll need some long-range skills to wear him down.’ He inwardly thought as he was looking at the massive beast standing in front of him.

 

His presence along commanded respect and reverence even though he has yet to activate his power or release his beastly aura.

 

While Primordius was observing the Blood Raging Ape, the Blood Raging Ape was also checking him out with a confused and angry expression on his face.

 

The Blood Raging Ape couldn’t believe that this weak little magic beast dared to come back after the beating he gave him in the last fight.

 

Angry, because he felt that Primordius’s action was provocative and was challenging its honor.

 

As a magic beast, he knew that Primordius could tell the difference in power between them, yet it kept on challenging him which he found quite annoying.

 

He was also angry at himself because he couldn’t believe that a powerful Gold Rank beast like himself failed to kill a little weak bronze rank magic beast, not once but on three occasions, it was extremely humiliating for him.

 

It was a giant monster that used its body to destroy the enemy. With one foot, it could destroy the sturdiest and biggest tree in the forest.

 

If it became crazy and used its Berserk State skill, it could even destroy a small mountain with a single blow. Yet, he couldn’t crush a weak little beast the size of an ant. This was so insulting.

 

‘I know that you’re angry but I am even angrier.’ Primordius inwardly said as he was looking at the Blood Raging Ape’s expression.

 

In the next second, it was unknown if the Blood Raging Ape could read Primordius’s mind or if it was simply a coincidence but in a wrathful outrage, he suddenly let out a deafening roar that shook the sky.

“ROAR!”

 

The roar was loud enough that it alarmed all the magic beasts in the surrounding 100 kilometers and was strong enough to frighten them and instill fear into their hearts.

 

The trees in the surrounding twenty kilometers radius trembled violently from the soundwaves and looked as though they could fall at any moment.

 

This roar was filled with anger and rage. Upon hearing that roar, the magic beasts that were closing the desolate mountain peak made a quick run for it cause they knew that the boss was angry.

 

“Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang!

 

However, the Blood Raging Ape wasn’t done. It started beating its chest with enough intensity to cause an earthquake before slamming the ground with its giant fist numerous times.

 

The mountain trembled violently and the ground cracked, seemingly so fragile. Even Primordius with its strong body would instantly turn into meat paste if he were in the place of the ground.

 

‘Ohh no, scratch that. He’s angrier than me.’ Primordius inwardly thought with a solemn expression on his face as he was looking at the Blood Raging Ape’s outburst.

 

In the next moment, with its eyes filled with killing intent and bloodlust, the giant Blood Raging Ape pounced on Primordius.

 

He was like a mad ox, rushing forward. Each of his steps crushed the earth, detonating the ground that became littered with debris.

7