We Are Eternal!
3.7k 16 116
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Well, that's upsetting. It seems that something has caused enough damage to the galaxy that the core itself is dead. Though, from what I can tell, the "death" of a galaxy isn't exactly the same as with a living being. I hadn't noticed it before, but galaxies all have a sort of system in place to protect them from outside forces. When these systems fail, the galaxy dies. Of course, this only works if the things entering into said galaxy travel through normally. I just teleport through their self-defense, which seems to be a sort of bubble that surrounds the galaxy.

I teleport to the center of the galaxy, which is a supermassive black hole. I feel it reaching out for me with more force, almost begging me to help it. I reach out my hand and place it on the black hole before entering into it.

As I do this, a rare message pops up from my system.

[Milky Way NO.73,901,627,552,012 would like to name you its guardian. Do you accept?]

"What does it mean to be a guardian?"

[You will have a permanent connection to the core of this universe's Milky Way. You will protect the Milky Way from any being that intends to cause it damage, naturally born or not. Once the galaxy has been healed, it will be absorbed into your inner universe at no extra cost, meaning you will be able to absorb another galaxy right after as the galaxy itself will help with expanding your soul.]

Ah. Neat. Sure.

[Please give Milky Way NO.73,901,627,552,012 a new designation.]

"How about just Milky?"

[Milky. Acknowledged.]

I feel a connection form. As if a string has attached itself to me. I know what it was that killed the galaxy now. It wasn't one thing, it was the eons of war that ravaged it. Normally, a galaxy would reuse the souls of beings to keep itself alive, but the chaos gods began collecting the souls and starved the galaxy of its only form of nourishment. Add to that the giant scar that is the Cicatrix Maledictum, and you have a galaxy that's near its true death. Before I was here, Milky only had about two million years left before its true death.

As I leave the black hole, I feel small paws land on my shoulder. Sitting on my shoulder is a small cat with a galaxy pattern on its forehead. I smile at it and scratch under its chin before speaking,

"You must be Milky, huh? I guess you still had enough strength to make an avatar?"

Milky nods its head and leans into my hand, letting out a soft pur. I smile and teleport back to my throne room with Milky in tow. I then open a portal to hell, and bring Lucy out. She kneels and looks up at me,

"Yes, mistress?"

I look at her and say,

"Lucy. You have a mission. I've put knowledge of this universe into your head. I want you to command my armies. I want you to conquer all of the Dark Eldar, Tau, Eldar, and any other civilizations you come by along your way. I also want you to begin conquering the rim worlds of the Imperium of man. Do not collect the souls of those you slay. Let them be absorbed by the galaxy."

Lucy nods her head and says,

"Yes ma'am! I'll make sure all those lowly beings know their place!"

I chuckle and say,

"Be as brutal as you wish. We've got a few millennia of missed meals to make up for! As for me, I'll be dealing with the main parts of the Imperium, as well as the demons and tyranids."

With a goofy salute, Lucy leaves. She heads out to her ship, a Juggernaut that's been painted blood red and has two gigantic cosmetic horns coming from the top. I myself stand up and create a camera. Simultaneously, all across my empire, TV's shift to show a live view of me.

"People of the Abyssal Imperium. For centuries, we have watched as the people of the Milky Way galaxy tear each other to shreds. We have seen demons ravage her, and even place a scar on her body. We have seen species that would torture children, just for a small amount of enjoyment. We have seen cults that wish to destroy the galaxy and welcome beings of incomprehensible evil into our midst. We have seen a species that invades the galaxy, for the sole reason of hunger, devouring all in their path. And yet, we have done nothing."

I walk through my throne room towards a window that overlooks Tartarus.

"We have done nothing, because it has not affected us. We have lived our lives with relative ease, building up a mighty navy, and an even mightier people."

I smile warmly as I look out at the skyline,

"We have built beautiful cities, wonders of architecture, and structures big enough to blot out stars. We have had no reason to intervene in the squabbles of the galaxy."

I then clench my fist, and curl my nose in anger,

"However; this cannot continue. The Milky Way is dying. Being starved by the forces of the galaxy. Denied its own right to live."

I look into the camera and speak in an unwavering tone,

"And so, as of this moment, I declare war. We shall face the entire galaxy. Dark Eldar, Tau, Chaos, Tyranids, and the Imperium of Man. We shall be outnumbered ten billion to one, yet we shall win. We shall be victorious. For not a single entity has what we have, the iron will, monstrous strength, and undying bodies of the Angels! Their soulless bodies shall become Angels as well, joining us on our conquest!"

I hold my fist against my chest,

"WE ARE ETERNAL!"

---------------------------------------

AN: sorry this chapter took so long, i suck at writing speeches.

people on my patreon get advanced access to the chapters, just sayin'.

116