Chapter 561 – Travelling Through the Abyss with Dangerous Beauty (2)
100 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Witch Queen Iggwilv looked at the Dragon Prince Gu Long incredulously because this dragon was indeed pretty greedy, greedier than most, but she thought that was a trait among all dragons.

Especially those who were of stronger lineages, these traits were even more prevalent. But, still, the Divine Sparks were rare in the Prime Material Plane, as all the Gods were one of the most powerful beings in the entire Realm.

"Are you mad? Something like that is way out of my reach."

She scoffed at the Dragon Prince, who raised his brows at her mockingly because, among the two of them, she was the one who needed his help more. While it would take him a considerably longer time, he could achieve his goals even without her help.

While it would be warmly welcomed to have someone who could guide him through the Abyss, but he could also live without it. If it came to it, the benefits obtained from the deal needed to be great, or else, as a proud dragon who had a great degree of greed, he wouldn't do something as dangerous as what she was doing for free or some bits.

"Not mad, but realistic... I could achieve what I want even without your help, though, admitting that your help would help me greatly, it is not a necessity to have. While you, on the other hand, could hardly achieve your goal of obtaining the Seed of the First Flame..."

Gu Long knew that if Iggwilv didn't have any powerful helper like him, then she could maximally ascend to the Law Archmage, but she wouldn't be able to accomplish her wish of creating a Dimensional Realm as he thought.

As he said that, Witch Queen Iggwilv heard that she frowned deeply because her chances of obtaining the Seed of the First Flame from its location without the help of someone as powerful as Gu Long amounted to only around 30% to 37%, which was not enough.

The odds of success were not enough.

"Ts... dammed dragon..."

She cursed as the Dragon Prince, who looked at the Witch Queen, who reluctantly agreed with his proposition because she really wanted to get her hands on the Seed of the First Flame because that would instantly make her one of the most powerful entities within the Prime Material Plane.

"You think that they grow on trees?... But if you reach Law, then I can help you to prepare traps for the Evil Gods living within the Abyss, and you can extract their Divine Sparks after killing them."

The reason why he wanted her help in this as payment was that she had means of blocking the Divine Kingdom of God for some time, not long, but it would be long enough for Gu Long to kill the said God and tear out the Divine Spark from his body.

"Then we have an agreement, Witch Queen; it would be my delight to have you as my companion."

Dragon Prince flattered the Witch Queen, who obviously enjoyed the compliments as many other women, especially when they were praising her beauty and power.

***

66th Layer of the Abyss, Lolth's Web

The plane of rocks with chasms and rocky gorges. There were many pits and craters. The land looked dead. There were giant petrified spiders with webbing over everything from the songspiders. There was a distant red sun during the day and eight bright red stars at night.

"Where the hell are we? It looks like a huge spider web?"

Gu Long asked his beautiful companion Iggwilv, with whom he had been traveling through the Abyss for the past half a year. The plane was inhabited by spiders, including songspiders, and chwidencha. The Soulreaver dwelt in the Pass of the Soulreaver and was a gray spectral form with a bloated serpentine body containing screaming drow souls.

"Lolth's Web... it is a Realm that was recently taken over by Spider Queen, Lolth, one of the Principal Gods in the Prime Material Plane who has grown recently very, very powerful. Approximately three centuries ago, she had set her sight on the Abyss and conquered this Layer, which was previously called Demonweb Pits..."

Indeed as it has been proved several times during their journey, there was no better demonologist in the entirety of the Prime Material Plane than the Witch Queen Iggwilv; even Gu Long admired her knowledge about this dammed place.

"How long are we from the place?"

Right now, Gu Long and Iggwilv were heading to one of the Dimensional Pits that were interconnecting various Layers of the Abyss. This would allow them to bypass more than thirty or so Abyssal Layers in one go.

Indeed, having someone as Witch Queen Iggwilv as his guide has been proved to be extremely useful because she knew all the nooks and crannies of the Abyss, new where the hidden pathways were and how to bypass the greatest dangers of the Abyss.

Thanks to her, they avoided the strongest beings in their respective Layers and many of the most dangerous zones.

Another most notable thing that happened during the past months was that Gu Long and Witch Queen Iggwilv became a pair? Or lovers or whatever, as the Dragon Prince didn't hide his affection for the Witch Queen.

"A few days at most... though now we are ahead of the Webwald Forest..."

The Demonoligst Witch answered... she wasn't thrilled at the thought of going through the Webwald Forest because it was full of various species of Spiders and she didn't like spiders at all...

Not to mention, the Webwald Forest was a dangerous place even for some as strong as them... nevertheless, she knew that the Webwald Forest was the shortest path to the Grand Songster Pit, and it was unfortunately also the only possible path to the pit.

"They are just spiders, Iggwilv... one spell and they would be charred to charcoal..."

Gu Long said that from the moment they set foot on the Loth's Web, he learned that his lover was fearing spiders...

***

Check out my new original for WSA 2024, Star Citizen Online: Isekai Edition!
PS. Check Dune: The Holy Path!
For advanced chapters check out patreon.
https://www.patreon.com/Trafford
https://discord.gg/vF5qYPBpqF

2