Chapter 562 – Loth’s Web – Webwald Forest
127 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Dragon Prince couldn't really understand how someone as powerful as her feared Spiders... it was really beyond his imagination, but it seemed that everyone had their own fears and it seemed that the fear of spiders was indeed universal.

Ironically, though, his mother also feared spiders...

What a small world.

"Just attack them the moment they appear and we will be alright, but try not to make any great destruction... we don't want to attract the attention of some powerful beings in the Webwald Forest."

They were slowly arriving at the Webwald Forest and it looked like utter shithole, exactly like Iggwilv told him it would be... which was certainly not really good, he hoped that she would be wrong on this one, but it seemed that not.

The entirety of the Webwald Forest consisted of black trees, with black leaves giving off an ominous aura.

The clear evidence of a strong spider population dwelling in the forest was all around them because clothes webs were in the trees, and one could hear spiders hissing or running across the trees.

"It looks terrible... I was hoping that you were wrong about this one."

Hearing that made the Witch Queen, Archmage and Demonologist scoff at him because she was never wrong about anything.

Anything.

"I am never wrong."

Unfortunately for Gu Long, it was the truth, and while Iggwilv didn't really want to enter the Webwald Forest, the only other option would be traversing through several tens of Abyssal Layers.

So...

The choice was easy.

When they entered the Webwald Forest, it didn't take even a few minutes until they were ambushed by a swarm of several hundred Ettercaps. A native species to the Lolth's Web and ugly as hell.

An adult Ettercap stood at 1.8 meters tall and weighed around one hundred kilograms, so they were not really different from ordinary humans in terms of size.

Ettercaps resembled hunched, grey-purplish humanoids with distended white underbellies, spider-like faces (fangs and eyes and such), and two sharp, black chitinous claws instead of hands and feet.

The moment they approached them, a huge wave of flames burst out from Iggwilv's hand and burned them all to a crisp.

"Well done, woman..."

And as she was proud of her achievement, Gu Long's sarcastic voice sounded behind her because she did exactly what he told her not to do.

"And now every dammed fucking creature in this place was alerted about our presence; you just lit up an entire part of the forest on fire!"

Gu Long wanted to stream when he saw large parts of the forest being lit on fire by her spell, and naturally, such massive power output would be noticed by all powerful inhabitants of the forest.

"Then we run."

She shrugged her shoulders and acted as if nothing had happened, which made him even angrier, but there was nothing he could do about it right now. So, for the betterment of his mind and the entire situation, he agreed with her proposal, and they ran.

Still, the most problematic thing about running towards the great pit where the path lay down was that all spider creatures, monsters, and inhabitants were right now heading towards their way from the majority of the forest.

"And we need to be fast..."

She pointed towards the incoming horde of spiders, as he noticed that some of them were pretty powerful... especially the Chwidenchas; they were powerful as they were ugly and disgusting, so a lot.

A Chwidencha seemingly consisted of nothing but a writhing mass of long, hairy, flexible spider legs. Each leg ended in a barbed spike and had one side covered in thorn-like hairs that allowed the limb to easily tear through the flesh and bone of any unfortunate victim.

The creature did have a central body hidden under the dozens of legs that radiated from it, but this was normally only seen after the Chwidencha's demise. The Chwidenchas were powerful, some of their most powerful specimen among the small horde of spiders reaching even Tier 8.

Gu Long looked at the incoming horde of spider creatures, but because there was nothing to lose as they were already known, he ignored his previous stance and grabbed Dragon Slayer Halbert, which burst in Holy Flame; he incarnated the incoming horde in one slash.

As the Holy Flame was anti-thesis to the existence of the dark creatures, everyone was killed, but it wasn't that much of useful, because while he decimated this horde, more would come.

And more powerful demons would come.

So he grabbed the Iggwilv and put her on his shoulders like a sack of potatoes, and despite her protests showed by kicking and punching, he started running at his top speed towards the pits.

Physically speaking, Gu Long was far stronger and more faster than Iggwilv was, not to mention even if she boosted up her physique with her Magic, she would still be slower than Gu Long, who had already crossed several kilometers within a few minutes.

"The Driders are coming from the west."

Running for more than half an hour, Iggwilv stopped behaving like a spoiled child, though not before he spanked her bottom a few times. Now, she was using her scanning and detection Magic to scan the area around them and detect the enemies.

"Oh, perfect, just this was missing here."

The Driders themselves were more than 5 meters high, with the lower body of spider, which was enormous, standing on its 8 legs menacingly, with its silver hair flowing down to its waist.

On his face, his crazed expression was hardly concealed, as it was eating some meat, apparently someone who delivered some bad news to him.

Driders were the most loyal and fanatical followers of the Spider Goddess Lolth. This made them extremely dangerous foes because the enemy who has nothing to lose is the most dangerous one.

And Driders often had nothing to lose. Many of them were just tortured and cursed creatures, punished by their Goddess for failing her because Lolth never tolerated any kind of failure.

***

Check out my new original for WSA 2024, Star Citizen Online: Isekai Edition!
PS. Check Dune: The Holy Path!
For advanced chapters check out patreon.
https://www.patreon.com/Trafford
https://discord.gg/vF5qYPBpqF

2