Chapter 563 – Lolth’s Web – Against the Drider Army
134 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

And right now, both Gu Long and Iggwilv were surrounded by the horde of hundreds if not thousands of Driders that wanted nothing more than just tearing them apart into millions of pieces.

"It seems that we need to fight."

Gu Long stated that when he saw the number and individual strength of the Driders, he knew that they needed to fight. There were too many of the enemies, and they were surrounding them...

In the Webwald Forest, the Driders were the strongest species and also the strongest faction. While the Driders were often looked at as cursed creatures created by the Spider Queen Lolth, there was no doubt that the Driders were the most fanatical believers and animals of the Spider Queen.

There was no negotiation with the Driders as they were derived only by their fanatical belief in the Goddess, and they would gladly sacrifice their very own lives so they could fulfill their purpose.

The only purpose for which Driders existed was to serve their Goddess Spider Queen Lolth, nothing more and nothing less.

"I will be attacking their leaders; support me with Flame Magic. Cut down their numbers at first; I will take care of the leaders."

Gu Long brandished the Dragon Slayer Halberd, a really silly name considering that he himself was Dragon, Dragon Prince, Son of Dragon Goddes, and budding Dragon God.

Dispering the other thoughts about insignificant things, he focused on the incoming Drider horde because there were countless of them swarming through the entirety of the Webwald Forest and now they became their target.

Iggwilv did what Gu Long said and started preparing one of the strongest flame-related spells she could muster. Now that they were already in the eyes of the powerful beings of this dammed place, it was virtually useless to hide anymore.

Meanwhile, Gu Long rushed head-on against the Drider horde with his Dragon Slayer Halbert as he slashed at one of the biggest Driders in the group. There was a good number of Tier 8 Driders; these must be some of the most powerful mortal servants of the Spider Queen Lolth.

Now that Gu Long thought about it, he realized that there was also a figure named Spider Queen Lolth in the Astral Boundary that perished during the conquest of the Astral Boundary by the Chthonian Empire.

That was several thousand years ago... this led Gu Long to the conclusion that the geniue Spider Queen Lolth must be at least a Tier 12 ancient entity to be able to create so many lesser versions of herself and send them across the multiple Universe.

This was a common strategy for many Tier 12 beings that were stuck in their Tier to break through the limitation. Because once their version were strong enough, they would all fuse with the main body and allow one to reach the Tier 13 Primarch.

Upon the impact of the clash, several trees in their vicinity were torn out from the ground and even together with their roots and sent flying. The same could be said about the Driders around them, as many of the weaker ones were instantly killed by the powerful shockwave.

Gu Long didn't waste any time, and upon seeing the sheer number of high-tiered Driders and other spider-like creatures that were swarming around them, he stopped holding back, and in spit of a moment, Golden Aura burst out of his body.

The small seed of Law Godhood that was germinating inside his body started working on the full force, and the Law Godhood of Holy Descrution, while in its infancy, has for the first time manifested after a long time.

And even though it wasn't fully completed, its frightening power couldn't be ignored because everything around Gu Long was instantly obliterated into oblivion upon contact with the Golden Aura.

That was Gu Long's Path, as he would be Law God of Holy Destruction, the embodiment of the two perfect sides of his parents and the moment he became Being of Law, he would be an extremely powerful figure.

At the same time of his own attack, suddenly, the entire area where they were fighting was lit on fire when Iggwilv released her inferno of the Webwald Forest, and because this entire place was dry as sands of the dune, it burned faster than paper.

Everywhere, one could hear spiders screeching as they were being burned alive, with Iggwilv not stopping her casting and conjuring more and more flame spells, burning this place even more and more.

Gu Long was meanwhile using his Law Godhood of Holy Destruction to dispose of the strongest creatures in the horde and slaughtering them one by one, like they were made of glass, none able to withstand one blow from his Dragon Slayer Halberd that shown with ominous Golden Aura cracking with Crimson Lightning.

With their strength, they were cutting down the number of the Driders, Spiders and other monsters inhabiting the Webwald Forest at tremendous speed. Aside from killing the creatures, Iggwilv had another purpose in litting up the parts of the Forest.

It would speed down the powerful entities that would sooner or later pursue them. The Webwald Forest was a place that was home to many powerful beings that were calling this place home and were drawing power from it.

So they wouldn't let the Forest be burned down...

It was some kind of insurance against those of higher Tier, as those of the Law Tiers would need to extinguish the forest fire if they didn't wish to let the entire Webwald Forest be burned sooner or later.

"Iggwilv, come on, we need to hurry before the others arrive."

Gu Long said that they killed the majority of their pursuers because they were close to the place where the pit was and that would lead them to the deeper layers of the Abyss.

Both of them then started running towards the pit, not bothering with looking back because right now there were no more spiders in the vicinity.

***

Check out my new original for WSA 2024, Star Citizen Online: Isekai Edition!
PS. Check Dune: The Holy Path!
For advanced chapters check out patreon.
https://www.patreon.com/Trafford
https://discord.gg/vF5qYPBpqF

2