52. Calm before the storm
1.2k 5 44
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On Caelum Al-An perked up as one of the satellites he sent to orbit around Earth sent him interesting data. 

There was a powerful electromagnetic signal originating from the South Pole of the blue planet. What puzzled him for the first five seconds was that it correspondent to where the human organization, Monarch, discovered a new titan.

It was even newer for them as he as more important things to do than monitor the hairless apes 24/7. Frankly, he didn't care much for the planet that much either.

Moving one of the satellites closer to the area of interest. Zooming in saw a giant golden-headedolden hydra destroying and killing everything in sight. He froze, the shape of the beast remembered things he would have preferred to stay buried.

Snapping out it he also read the apparition of another titan, this one extremely radioactive, so much so that its mere presence killed nearly everything in a 100-meter radius.

Al-An derecognized the creature as Godzilla and so the Alpha of Earth or so Caelicetus told. He didn't really understand why the space whale didn't directly conquer this planet, more directly because if he considered that a bit less than half of humanity fanatically worshiped Caelicetus it was pretty much already conquered. 

Al-An also didn't consider the titans of Earth a real threat, and he was right. None originating from this planet could hope to defeat the space whale. 

The only weakness he knew, or more precisely hypothesis of, was the senses, which was not far from the truth, hearing in particular as Caelicetus greatly depended on it to attack and defend himself.

The news that the space whale came back half dead was shocking and frightening because it affirmed the presence of creatures more powerful in this universe.

Humans could be dangerous, as every species that has dominated a planet with their brains is. Humans were even more so with their self-destructive tendencies and creativity to do so. They were fascinating little critters in his opinion.

He flinched when the middle head of the golden hydra, Ichi, snapped in the sasatellite'sirection and shot a highly concentrated beam of electricity at it. Essentially deleting the alien satellite from existence.

On Earth in the Monarch base of the Yunnan rainforest in China.

Emma Russel stared at a screen that showed data on Titanus Mosura, her eyes empty and she was clearly showing signs of malnutrition. 

The last few months were… hard to say the least. She remembered all the moments whwhenadison acted weird and all those moments that should have been obvious that something was wrong with her daughter. 

But she put everything on puberty and was too concentrated on the development of ORCA to use her time on her daughter. And now the only thing she could do was regret. At least Madison, if that was even Madison seemed happy.

But the thing, Titanus Cetus was terrifying, even more, than she ever thought could be imaginable. She broke down into a blubbering mess half the time she remembered when he talked to her and Mark.

If Godzilla and the other titans could be considered as god-like creatures she could barely comprehend what cosmic horror the space whale should be considered as a literal God.

Emma was not privy to information on Venus and Caelum/Mars and Mercury. If for example a, titan could destroy a country Caelicetus could play with an entire planet as if it was a simple sandbox video game.

The worship of this creature was understandable in every aspect, it was destroying every other religion, or if it wasn't warped it was beyond what it originally was. If the whale wasn't a literal God in flesh and blood she didn't know what was.

And this being capable of such a feat spoke of a possible apocalypse on a universal level. The worst was that no one believed the two of them besides Serizawa and she could feel it was mostly out of a sentiment of sadness.

Emma was going to get a closer look at the Titanus Mosura when she received a call, picked up her phone, and accepted the call.

"Monster Zero has awaken-", she didn't even let the frightened man behind finish before she shut down the call. 

She couldn't believe it, she didn't want to but it was real, her mind blank of any thought as she recalled the message made of sand by Caelicetus. 

Breathing in and out slowly she turned her head around and from behind a reinforced glass window, she could see a giant larva coming out of a giant egg.

In other conditions, she would have been mesmerized but sadly many things stopped it from being the case. 

One of them is the lack of a daughter and a giant golden hydra killing everyone and everything at the facility in Antarctica. 

Picking the mallet that contained the most advanced prototype of ORCA, she clenched her fist that was holding her phone and she thought with a deranged smile. She was not the sanest woman before and even less now.

'I don't have anything to lose… I'm sorry.'

In the center of the Milky Way Caelicetus slowly awakened as news of Ghidorah waking up on Earth arrived to him. 

His body in a half-curled position uncurled, stretching he felt his two cut front flippers showing good signs of growing back up. Minds getting clearer he bend gravity and used the black hole he slept in to warp above the Moon.

'Hmmm… That felt incredible and my body nearly doesn't hurt anymore… but still sleepy.', Caelicetus thought, golden light emitting from his body in more quantities than usual which he took note of.

Filtering every piece of information he focused on the very last one. And this itty bitty little piece of news was making his mood drop more and more. His mind immediately goes to him being stabbed, the pain of it, the fear of dying.

Clicking in anger he focused on the task at hand. Every creature on the Moon having a long run, flew, and swim away from him he made a wormhole right above Antarctica.

He knew what was going to follow and the ice continent will need some fixing after that. After all, at first glance it might seem irrelevant, it's an icy desert but it was far from the truth and its destruction will alter Earth's biosphere deeply.

Yet again something that is minor for him but he was conscious that it wasn't so much the case for others. 

Just recalling how he played with the Moon not so long ago and that one moment of inattention could have made the Great Dying passes for a joke. 

And this was even worst considering that an entire solar system was destroyed because of him not simply acting from another galaxy but going right in even before scooting the planet. 

Caelicetus knew he couldn't have done much to know a creature like this resided here and that why he should have not have directly warped on the planet.

The worst part was he was also aware that a scenario like this might happen but the probability was so low that it was irrelevant. Tho this would not happen again, he will try.

'Maybe I don't suffer for my action as much as I should but at least... I can try to reduce the damage caused by those consequences of my own actions...'

44