Time is changing us 1
374 2 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Pov 3 person 

In a bright office located in a residential area of Vale , sits a serious dark-skinned man dressed in a white suit with a pink shirt . His black hair are pinned up in many small braids and on his face decorated with a triple scar running through his mouth , there are eyes of a light beer color in which are reflected two other silhouettes sitting in front of him .

These silhouettes are Kurumi and Neo who look much more mature , and looking at them closely you can say that they are about thirteen and fourteen years old . Neo was sitting on a chair with her legs crossed , in her hand she held small pink umbrella , her lips were parted in a smile at the sight of the man . Next to Neo on another chair sits Kurumi who looks with boredom at the man in front of her . But in her eyes one could see a completely different emotion than boredom or weariness . Kurumi seemed stressed and thoughtful .

" You only have , two million two hundred thousand lien left to pay off , but looking at your past earnings . Even if we reduce your installments to the minimum , you can easily manage to pay it off in the next two years ."

Says the man looking with the corner of his eye at the holographic screen in the corner of his pine desk . Hearing this Kurumi sighs , and although her face doesn't seem to change much , Neo sitting at the side knows well how her partner is stressed . However , unable to do anything about it , she decided to keep it quiet for now .

" Well I have another job for you . It is in a village near Vale , a quick job and twenty thousand lien disappears from your debt ."

Said man himself noticing the state of Kurumi , who only sighed with fatigue and nodded her head in agreement . The man seeing this with an awkward smile pull out two pictures on the table . Both photos had short descriptions on them created with a red marker .

" I do not need confirmation , we already know each other for a while and I trust you . "

Says the man when Neo without looking at the photos , hides them in the inside pockets of her white jacket . After that in silence , both Neo and Kurumi walk out of the office leaving only the man alone inside . Seeing the door closed , he sighs , while leaning back in his chair . At the moment of his reverie the office door opens again .

" It's them again boss ? "

Asks a young girl in a suit , whose colors are identical to his. But the coffee mug and the tone in which she addresses the man suggests that she is an assistant or someone lower in the company .

" I don't understand if there is such a problem with their debt why did the boss agree to it at all ? "

Asks the woman seeing the silence of her boss . In the meantime she brings a coffee mug to his desk and puts it exactly under his hand . But the man silently gets up from his seat , thus showing his strongly muscular and tall body . And then under the gaze of his assistant he walks to one of the high windows in his office .

" I agreed for many reasons . First , I was asked by the person thanks to whom I have everything I have now . He is the one who made a poor orphan a millionaire . Secondly because , their skills and contacts are worth it . In short it is worth it to have them on your side . Besides , it's not a problem , I gave them a loan with my money and not the company's . Five million this way or that way for me is not a loss , after all I had nothing to spend it on anyway . And looking at their speed of earning , in two years I will get this money back . Therefore I can call it my investment in promising youth ."

Saying this the man turns his head towards his assistant showing her his smiling face in profile .

" Looking at the stress of the boss I have the impression that the investment has failed ? Are their skills not good enough ? "

Asks the secretary uncertainly . Hearing her remark the man stopped smiling then turned back to the window with a serious expression .

" No , they know important people in Vale and even do business with the very head of the Xiong family and La Rose . They are popular within the information sector and are very brutal in their assassinations , making them very desirable for jobs . They are professionals , you would know this if you delved more into the underground world . That's why I'm stressed because those two girls who were just here...... are monsters , monsters who haven't even reached adulthood and already have practically as much power as a single little gang ."

" And behind these little monsters , there are other monsters protecting them until they mature and surpass them . And I'm not going to miss this opportunity that good old papa gave me . So I myself joined in their care and upbringing , as their good uncle . Therefore do not antagonize them . What I'm doing now is making sure that when I hand over this business to you , just as big papa handed it over to me , that you will have strong allies . "

Says the man looking out of the windows , behind which he sees a lively Vale street on which in the middle of the crowd he sees two small figures squeezing through the crowd . Kurumi and Neo .

Neo pov

Walking with Kurumi through the crowded street eventually we both manage to get to one of the less clogged side streets . Being outside the tight crowd I open the umbrella which was a gift from Kurumi . Of course, this umbrella is not an ordinary decoration , it is Hush or more precisely a weapon that I received from Kurumi a year ago . The second most expensive purchase we made or rather that Kurumi made for me . I can't even imagine how many people Kurumi had to ask to get it and then remake it to fit me .

Although I am happy with this , Kurumi still plans to buy me a better one,  like this with a shifting mechanism. And providing other functions because the one I received is according to her a " simple umbrella " with a sword in the handle . She does not even realize how much this umbrella means to me . Despite the fact that she doesn't know about it , I know what she plans to do . 

' Bulletproof fabric created with lightweight material to facilitate the flow of aura with double blades on the tip of the umbrella and in the handle . Not to mention a gun somewhere in all this . '

' I know very well that Kurumi has been collecting money for this " ordinary umbrella " for a whole year and several months and yet she plans to buy something like this for me . This will surely be another debt for a whole year and knowing her she will only take it on herself without telling me anything about it , struggling with it herself . '

Thinking about it as we walk quietly , I  look at the expression on Kurumi's face , more specifically her attempts to keep her worry inside . Which I'm sure did not arise because of our debt , which we incurred to buy our clock store . Yes we bought it , the whole building . And I'm sure because it's not that we don't have the money , because we have it .

 Not only that , thanks to the agreement with Lotus , who despite being a junkie is not as stupid as he seems , and works quite hard . Recently he even bought the warehouse where his small group lives and then thanks to the money raised he took other empty warehouses and recruited more homeless people to them which is equivalent to more eyes and ears in Vale . 

Not to mention that Lotus to some extent have become attached to us , in the sense that it is I and Kurumi who provide him with customers for information which means that we have become his liaison but nevertheless Cherry and Hei calls us his bosses . It's complicated but it's about his dependence on our contacts and knowledge of the underworld situation .  

' But for me and Kurumi it is a regular eight to eleven thousand Lien per month . For doing practically nothing .'

So even when we leave ourselves four thousand of this , it is quietly enough to survive . But why do we leave ourselves only four thousand ? What about the rest of the money ? It goes to the renovation for the store and the bills , which we now have to pay normally as owners of a building in the city center . Therefore, we earn mony for  the debt with our other " works " , so far we have managed to give back two million eight hundred thousand . 

But to do this we work like crazy every day doing the mission from Cherry or somebody else like Hei, at the same time me and Kurumi all the time looking for side jobs like we got now . Of course we take breaks . Besides thanks to Kurumi clones sometimes when the difficulty of the task allows , we leave it to the clones themselves or send an Emerald with them . 

' Yes this girl ..... She is a completely different story . '

Thinking about her and her behavior towards Kurumi ...... I feel irritation . Well the fortunate thing is that we don't have to pay big payments for the debt , practically none and that's only because the people we got the money from , is the gang that big papa himself founded in his youth . They deal in debt and real estate so they were the ones who arranged all the paperwork to take over the building for us . They even managed to lower the price to five million , which in itself was a miracle because this building can be considered a monument in the center of the city . 

But still Kurumi walks around worried all the time . And I'm sure it's due to the events of that day . I still don't know exactly what happened that day , one moment I was about to die and the next Kurumi saved me and then lost consciousness . But whatever happened then , when Kurumi woke up something changed in her . I know that she unlocked new skills this time related to time manipulation , with which she probably saved me then .

Yet something more must have happened then , because she has been more stressed and suspicious ever since . Her routine nightmares have also increased as have her panic attacks . I am not saying that she behaves like this every day , however sometimes once a month or a week she has very strong nightmares throughout the night , causing her to behave like this the next day . Thats why , I know something happened and yet Kurumi doesn't want to tell me .

It's not because our relationship has deteriorated or she doesn't trust me . I can tell by her facial expression when I ask her about it , that she ..... She doesn't seem to be sure of something it's like she's denying something and the very thought of it is painful for her . I am sure of this because our relationship although it remained on the level of best friends , sisters . It has become even closer. And surely it should be so for Kurumi , because for me ........ I love her even more strongly than I loved her before . And yes , I am sure of this feeling . In the end , all this time it has not changed .

I love her so much that I myself realize that it is not healthy . And yet sometimes when I sleep together with her and I can not fall asleep . I just look at her and hug her even tighter to myself , protecting her from anything that might disturb her sleep . Watching her sleep , I enjoy her peace of mind . Unfortunately our baths together , which are the norm for us in recent months have become torture for me . I feel that my growing body and maturing feelings and minde can not stand it .

And yet she still doesn't seem to notice anything , and I'm still afraid to tell her . So in the end , we locked ourselves in a place in our relationship , which is at the highest level anyway but still . I can't jump over that threshold and confess to her . The only thing I can do is to support and comfort her , even though it hurts me a little that there is something she is not telling me , which apparently stresses her .

Apart from that, practically nothing has changed. Even the fact that Kurumi still likes to stand in high positions , completely forgetting that when she wears dresses people below her , can see her panties . Well now there are no more bunny or bear panties , instead they are more mature . But well as long as no one but me can see it I won't tell her about it .

" Neo ???? "

Hearing the angelic voice in my ear I stop thinking about Kurumi's underwear and return my thoughts to the present , noticing that together with Kurumi who owned the voice , we are standing in front of the ATM . Kurumi with a gentle smile that only she can show me , looks at me with an outstretched hand . Without showing hesitation , I pulled out our credit card from one of the inside pockets then handed it to Kurumi , who without delay went to the ATM and withdrew several Lien cards .

She put half of it in a separate signed envelope , to which I could only shrug at because this act confirms , that Kurumi does not worry about money . Once a month Kurumi sacrifices two thousand as " compensation " for the owner of the warehouse with whom, by the way, we continue to keep in touch because he can get some things for half the price .

' Surely from there Kurumi got my umbrella , or pawn shop . However , it is hard to say .' 

 And in fact Kurumi gives this money for his sick daughter . 

' Even the envelope is pinned as ' For medicine ' . 

I think shaking my head, remembering how Kurumi can deny her good and kind nature . And what do I think about giving up two thousand ? I honestly don't mind , after all I never hated this guy or his family , but I rather admired him . Because I know that my father would have already abandoned me if I was seriously ill . Besides , our donated two thousand is enough for only one dose of medicine for the girl anyway . But I can see that despite this Kurum feels nice to give them this money .

' After all it is always something ' .

I think as I watch Kurumi give the other half to me for safekeeping . And this , despite the fact that she is wearing jeans and a sweatshirt in which she has her own pockets but still I always carry everything with me . 

" Well now we go to the ice cream shop ? "

Asks Kurumi looking at me with a smile apparently noticing herself that she is using me to carry everything today . However , hearing her proposal , I no longer frown as we both move on . This time I silently enjoyed this peaceful walk with Kurumi's presence beside me , looking at her every time the wind picked up her black , rose-scented , loose hair . And she closed her beautiful eyes in the pleasure of this feeling .

It is in moments like this, I can really appreciate my decision to trust Kurumi at our first meeting . I really appreciate all the decisions that led me to her . Because no matter what ...... I will give back to you the happiness that you also gave me ...... Kurumi .

18