Nightmare twins 1
375 1 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Pov 3 person 

" Has everything been recorded ? "

Asks Kurumi , to which in response , Neo directly hands her the camera . Looking at the screen on the side of the camera , Kurumi calmly selects one of the videos recorded on the camera . In the video , Kurum clearly saw two childlike figures , whose gender is virtually impossible to guess because of their clothing and faces , which were very carefully blurred whether by the camera or who knows maybe a special ability . This two childlike figures , using a large French wrench hit the knees of a man who was tied with leather straps to a metal chair . 

Rewinding the footage a bit forward , Kurumi sees a another scene . In which the same two childlike figures , now using a hammer , hammer many nails into the man's broken and swollen knees . As he, with his mouth tied shut, howls in pain shaking as if he had suffered an epileptic seizure. 

However, focusing on the setting of the film itself it can be notice that for its entire length it was impossible to see the clones , or other features that might suggest the identity of the person in the film . Even the background footage could not suggest the exact location , at most from the video it could bee determine that it was happening in a shed or garage . And all that could be seen were the gruesome tools hung on the wall and the horrible acts of two unidentifiable people .

Watching the video which shows a lot of painful experiences of the now dead man , Kurumi played the second video which was recorded separately . This video showed how the mutilated body of the dead man was regularly lowered and pulled out of the water . Strangely enough , the frame of the video was recorded to make it look like the place was completely different from where the first video was recorded . And like the first one , it does not show clones or people responsible for controlling the rope .

From these two , several hours long recordings it again can bee determine that the person making them took into account everything . Confusion as to the location of events , keeping their abilities secret to prevent them from being recognized or connected to someone and many other aspects signaling professionalism and skill .

Finishing watching Kurumi with satisfaction on her face turned on the recording again , then standing with her shoe on the face of the dead man , who thanks to the clones was already lying under her feet , she began to gently turn his head with her foot to record it accurately . 

" Can you roll him over on his face ? "

Kurumi asks Neo , remembering to turn off the sound recording before doing so . Neo however had already put on her hands a pair of leather gloves that were lying on the table , as if she already knew that she would be asked to do so , and all this happened in the meantime while Kurumi was watching the recording . 

Wasting no time , Neo in order to hide the existence of clones on the recording and not to tire the delicate Kurumi , she rolled the corpse over his face with her own hands and then rubbed her hand gently over the man's blood-dirty shoulder , showing the tattoo on it . Recording this Kurumi finally turned off the camera , thus completing this task .

" Who would have thought that the daughter you sold after so many years would take revenge on you ...... what poetic justice . It's people like you that make me glad I didn't have parents . Because who knows , maybe if I had them , I might have ended up with someone like you as my father ."

Saying the last words Kurumi stepped on the corpse's neck and with a little pressure she began to crush it until it broke with a loud crack , causing dirty blood to spill out of the corpse's wounded mouth .

" But I have to give him credit , this motherfucker has the will to live ........ We hung him here last night ? .... Right ? ...... and he survived until  noon ....... What a cockroach "

Says Kurumi as if calling someone a cockroach should be his only praise . Looking at it Neo also agreed , after all she herself knows how painful and deadly their " games " with this guy were .

" Well , we will take care of the body  ourselves . We just have to give the camera to Cherry to send the recordings to the client . Also , we have to thank Cherry for lending us a camera with such a long-lasting battery and memory , maybe we will buy her wine or chocolate . But we will do it tomorrow "

Said Kurumi with a sigh after which from her shadow , just below her butt appeared many pale femail hands on , which she sat as if on a chair . At that moment the illusions on Neo and Kurumi's bodies shattered like a broken mirror showing Kurumi's pale and tired face and concerned about this , Neo .

" I'm fine my mouse , just a little tired . Besides , this smell is killing me . "

Says Kurumi to Neo who looked anxiously at Kurumi's tired face .

" No , we still have to kill that SDC guy . We have to do it today or he will get away from us . This is the last chance for our perfect planned action . "

Kurumi said and her words caused displeasure and mild anger on Neo's face . 

" Don't worry mouse . SDC has bigger problems than the death of one of their men , who is only dealing with buying independent dust stores . Believe me they will not notice it , at most they will send more people next time . Besides in their eyes it will be another action of white fang or ordinary disgruntled shop owner . "

Said Kurumi dismissing the disapproval of Neo , who only shook her head as if she did not care about SDC at all .

" Neo , I'm fine ! "

Said Kurumi with a little anger when at the same time , she stood up from her " chair " . However , this sudden rapture caused Kurumi to become momentarily weak , causing her foot to suddenly lose its balance . Which caus Kurumi , to almost topple over , fortunately Neo who was unfazed by Kurumi's tone , caught her in her arms . Holding her close Neo understanding the situation gently touched Kurumi's lower abdomen causing her visible pain on her face .

" Being a girl sucks "

Said weakly Kurumi putting her arms around Neo's neck . Feeling this neo wrapped her arms around Kurumi's waist gently enough not to hurt her .

" Why did I have to tell you ? Besides, how was I supposed to know that it would happen two days sooner ? I'll be fine Neo , just sleeping poorly lately and that combined with this unbearable pain is wearing me out . And we can't afford to take breaks when my period is coming up . This is something normal and I don't remember us ever taking time off because of it , not counting the first time . Such is our fate my mouse .......... But how about we take time off after this assignment ?"

Says Kurumi assuring Neo who could only bury her face in her partner's hair , thus showing her sweet and gentle side hidden from everyone but her partner . It seemed that poor Neo like real ice cream would really melt in a moment . Well while for Neo the feeling of her partner in her arms was the most wonderful moment , for Kurumi it was more of a friendly show of affection than something more .

" Do you really want to work with Emerald ? Because honestly , looking at your last cooperation , I promised myself to never let you two go on a mission again , at least not without my presence ."

Said serious Kurumi ending the hug , to the displeasure of Neo , who upon hearing Kurumi mention Emerald only rolled her eyes leaving it without comment . Not caring about this Kurumi approach the body , making many pale hands emerging from the shadow beneath the corpse , only to pull the body inside the shadow .

" Well he no longer has any value as time . So it he only suitable for burning . "

Says a disappointed Kurumi , after which she turns to face the three clones .

" Clean up as much as you can , then close the door and after checking everything you can disappear ."

Says Kurumi , while walking toward the exit . However , she stops her steps because of Neo who with bent knees ,  being turned towards her with her back , stood in her way . Her head turned back to look into Kurumi eyes , to made it clear to Kurumi what Neo wanted . With a sigh and without trying to convince her partner , Kurumi with mild discomfort and pain wrapped her arms around Neo's neck and then wrapped her legs around Neo's waist . Feeling the weight behind her , Neo stood up and , supporting Kurumi under her butt in such a way that it would not hurt her partner , she  calmly moved ahead to the warehouse exit .

-

-

-

-

-

-

Neo pov 

Standing on the edge of the flat roof , with an open umbrella in hand to shield my head from the evening sun , I look at the shopping street stretching below us . Next to me , farther from the edge , because of her condition stands Kurumi . Who stares intently at the street waiting for the arrival of our target . Despite the busy street three floors below us we are not afraid of being spotted because of the illusion I created in front of us .

' From street level there is no one here ' .

I think leaning over the edge . Despite the height I am not afraid to stand like this , it has been a long time since such irrational fear disappeared in me as well as in Kurumi . Even if I somehow lost my balance and fell , there are many ways for me to rescue myself from this unharmed . Just like Kurumi . Now even bullets are not scary for us and this is thanks to our training , which has become more demanding because of ....... the day when one bullet almost killed me .

' However, due to the fact that Ash and Cooper no longer had anything to teach us we stopped training . Instead of training we now have real fights so we gain experience from that .'' 

' But Kurumi every now continues to meet with Ash to work on her semblances because they are more complicated than mine .' 

Stopping to think about the past , I look at Kurumi , who is standing next to me , here and now . I am angry . Because she doesn't listen to me and she is stubborn even when she is tired and in pain . And I'm angry that I didn't figure out what was going on . Now I'm not surprised that today she was so backward and thoughtful . And yet I don't even have a way to discuss it with her , because she is right in that we need to finish what we have already started . 

Especially since without her , our plan for the SDC man will be much more difficult and dangerous if I did it alone . Not because I can't handle it , but because there is a risk that I will leave a trail behind me . Trail in the form of the possibility of detection of my semblance , which always after my illusion is destroyed , leaves behind an image similar to breaking glass . From which SDC will be able to recognize me one day . Normally me and Kurumi wouldn't worry about it , however the guy is from SDC . 

And looking at the fact that since I and Kurumi gained popularity , a target was created on our back . What was obvious that would happen after the amount of work we have done . After all popularity has two sides , giving us two things in life . People who want to hire us as well as people who want to hire someone to kill me and Kurumi . So , there are already many people who would very much like to peel " the nightmare twins " from their skin . And me and Kurumi don't want SDC to join in .

' However if Emerald was here .....'

Thinking about this girl I can only taste the bitterness because I know she has talent . She may not be able to fight like me or plan like my Kurumi but her semblance , which she unlocked in two years which is a talent in itself , is very comfortable for our work . But I can not get along with her because she does not understand that not everything is for her .

' This bitch likes to stick too close to my Kurumi . Someday I will cut off those fingers and tongue of hers for touching and talking to my little , sweet , tsundere cat .''

I think gnashing my teeth as my grip on the umbrella tightens . Well perhaps if I were able to work with Emerlad I could help Kurumi , as she could take a day off then .

' I really need to settle this with Emerald once and for all ' .

Thinking about this I feel a poke which awakens me from my thoughts . Looking to the side I see Kurumi looking into my eyes which makes me feel a shiver go through me . Fortunately she doesn't notice it , which honestly is start to be a little annoying . Looking at Kurumi , I see her gesture with her hand , which is pointing me to the street , where I see a sleek white car with the SDC logo stopped in front of the store we were watching .

14