Chapter 92: Death breathing down thy neck
1.5k 4 69
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

To read up to 15 chapters ahead: https://www.patréon.com/SlyOW

-------------

[Yugito Nii's POV]

I quickly stabilized myself to stop crushing my own troops, but I barely got back on my feet that Shisui Uchiha was once again upon me, covered in that green construct.

I used my two tails to clash against the incoming spear, spotting it before swatting it aside as my flame covered claws struck the green giant in the chest.

However, to my shock, I barely left a few scratches on the armor, which healed at an astonishing speed. In my stupor, I failed to dodge a strong punch from the giant, which sent me flying in a daze.

Shaking my head, I sent several fireballs at Shisui, stopping him from following up with more attacks, and took a deep breath as I gathered chakra towards my mouth.

A second later, as Shisui sped my way, I breathed out a gigantic blue fireball, one even bigger than my Tailed Beast Bomb.

Remembering what Shisui had done to the last one though, I used it to hide my movements as I dived underground.

Looking up, Shisui pierced through the fireball just as I expected him to do, although the spear's was visibly damaged from the two consecutive attacks. The rest of his armors also showed a few cracks, which were healing slower than before.

This meant that while Shisui enjoyed a great boost in power while in mode, one possibly as great as Jinchuriki, it also seemed to cost him much more to control this form. This meant that if the two of us were to be fighting in any other situation, all I would have to do would be to wait out the end of his transformation, and remain on the defensive.

However, Shisui had chosen the right moment to reveal this power of his, as I simply couldn't stay on the defensive.

I could defend against his attacks, but if I don't attack as well, then he will turn to the rest of the army, and with that size of his, he would be entirely capable of wiping out what remained of our army after the Owl's massacre.

So right as I analysed his power and identified this as a moment of weakness, I burst out of the ground while he was still searching for me, and made a surprise attack from below.

Shisui tried defending himself with his giant spear, but because of the angle I attacked him from, he didn't have the time to move it towards me as I reached for his head. Seeing he had no chance of dodging, my eyes flashed coldly as the flames around my claws intensified.

This was over.

But as I thought I had won the battle, the green giant suddenly disappeared, making me hit nothing but hair. And before I knew it, a green light flashed behind me, and I felt a terrible pain in my sides as I was drilled into the ground.

Looking behind me, I saw Shisui had reappeared above me, and the green giant had once again appeared, although the armor had disappeared and the bones looked frail. However, the spear looked bigger than before as it pressed down on me.

Worse yet, as I tried to struggle off the spear, it actually started rotating, performing a drill effect. Feeling the spear quickly piercing into me, I was also forced to let go of my transformation for a moment.

I didn't get to throw an attack though as when the spear turned drill hit the ground, it sent shock waves into the ground that made it impossible for me to stand.

Moreover, I couldn't just get back into my transformation like Shisui had done, I had to wait for a few seconds. So after a split second decision, I slammed my hand into the ground, letting out an overpowered burst of lightning coursing into the giant.

It seemed Shisui couldn't just switch this transformation on and off at will either without a cost as while his attack was as powerful as before, his defence paled in comparison. While his earlier armor protected him from my most powerful attacks, this time the lightning moved right through the chakra construct, hitting Shisui.

The effects were diluted, but they were enough to force him out of his transformation, making him fall to the ground, looking pale.

I tried activating my transformation, but as I did so, I felt a rejection from Nibi.

"Don't think you can keep stealing my chakra girl."

Nibi's voice was calm, but very frustrating for me. She had to act capricious in this kind of moment…

Since I couldn't pull enough chakra to use a transformation, this meant Shisui and I would have to go for a more traditional fight.

My nails quickly grew into ten long, sharp claws, while Shisui took a deep breath, hand on his sword.

All I knew about Shisui was that his speed was impressive, so I used my available chakra to counter that. Blue flames appeared around my body, much like the Raikage's Lightning Armour. Of course, it was much less powerful, but if Shisui attacked with his speed, then he would get burnt for every slash of his.

Realizing the same thing, Shisui let go of his sword, and said, "You shouldn't be here."

Sneering, I replied, "Where I should go has nothing to do with you."

Shisui shook his head and said, "The Raikage and Eight Tails don't stand a chance by themselves."

I did not bother replying to that as I lunged at him, aiming to cut him with my claws. However, he dodged with a frightening ease. The next instant, several copies of him appeared around me.

Was it anyone else in his shoes, I would take those as clones, and try to see which one of them was the real one, but I knew of him, and his technique. Those were actually all after-images of him, and all of them could be considered real.

I swiped at one of them, but hit nothing as the other four all hit me at the same time. I smirked though as he hurriedly retreated, his leg burnt. The four kicks at once did hurt a little, but the burn must have been worse.

Shisui made multiple handsigns, and spit out a large amount of water at me, extinguishing my flames. I jumped out of the water, annoyed, and said, "You think I can't use them again…"

But as I wasted time speaking, I spotted Shisui, who had put his hand on his sword, and was looking at me with his pair of Sharingan. I instantly felt a deadly danger wash over me, and gave up covering myself in flames without hesitation as I brought my claws before me.

Then, I felt a huge impact slam into them, and Shisui appeared in front of me, his sword now drawn and against my claws.

There wasn't even a contest of strength as I was sent flying backwards, my own claws digging into my chest. However, it was better that than his sword.

Thankfully, the impact made me fly backwards, which stopped his assault.

Landing a several meters backwards, I slid against the ground as I took several deep breaths, my wounds healing quickly. Looking at his drawn out sword, I commented in genuine awe, "That is a dangerous technique."

Shisui was looking even more exhausted than before, and was visibly panting as he looked at me sternly. I could see he was deep in thoughts, and hesitating about something.

The next moment, he face turned grave and stern as his Sharingans began changing. I felt mesmerized as the three tomoe Sharingan turned into an entirely new shape. I had never seen it before, but I had read about it in our files on the Uchiha. The Mangekyou Sharingan, the next evolution of the cursed eyes.

I didn't know its capabilities, but I could guess they were fearsome.

But suddenly, Shisui, who was ready to use his eyes, stopped, and a smile appeared on his face as he said, "That dangerous technique was only a copy, you should see the original…"

My eyes widened as I didn't even hear the rest of his sentence. My danger sense flared higher than it ever did before, I could feel that something that would endanger my life had gotten uncomfortably close to me.

I felt like death itself was breathing down my neck, it felt ten times worse than when Shisui pulled off that sword attack.

The worst about it, was that I felt helpless. It was like death had wrapped its bony arms around me, restraining me of my movements as its scythe swung down at me.

69