Chapter 102: Takigakure
1.5k 3 70
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

To read up to 15 chapters ahead: https://www.patréon.com/SlyOW

-------------

I left directly the camp, heading for the Land of Jungles right away. However, I did not go for the base I was shown as I intended of taking care of that later, possibly when I came back from Takigakure.

Takigakure, or the village hidden in the waterfall, had, as its name implied, a large waterfall in the middle of it. However, the largest landscape was by far the giant tree around which the village was built.

Takigakure was actually on an island that was surrounded by a giant lake. And in the middle of that island, was a sky reaching tree, which roots' spread through the entirety of the island. The village was built within those exposed roots.

This was by far the most unique village I had ever seen, and probably the most beautiful. The tree was majestic, and bigger than anything I had ever seen.

However, it made me wonder something. I knew of a giant tree from my meta knowledge, the God Tree, that should be about this big.

Thus, this made me wonder, can this tree actually be the one Kaguya had planted?

I'm not sure of the exact plot, but I think I remember something about Kaguya being the Ten Tails, and thus the God Tree, so maybe she had absorbed the God Tree and this was just something else altogether, but I don't exactly remember what had happened.

In any case, from what I could see, the island only had one long bridge that could be used to go from mainland to the island, and this was problematic, because it made this island nearly impossible to take over.

Moving an army was difficult, and the Land of Jungles itself was rather hard to navigate through. This was a characteristic shared between several countries in the area, including the Land of Fields where the Kanabi Bridge, or its ruins, was located.

But Takigakure itself was impossible to attack. The bridge was easily defendable, and if things turned for the worse, then they only had to destroy the bridge, which I'm sure they were prepared to do, and any army would be blocked.

Of course, we could send ninjas who could simply walk on water, but ninjas were far from enough to take over a village.

Us ninjas do not specialize in frontal battles and sieges, which is why we mostly fight with ambushes. Taking over a city isn't something we can really do.

So the only way I could see this city being taken over would either be an attack from a God level being, be it a Shinobi or something else, it didn't really matter at this level, or ships.

However, the lake was only connected to a sea up north, which was an area controlled by Iwa, meaning it was impossible for us to send our ships over there. So in essence, it was impossible for us to take over this city.

Well, maybe that if Konoha sends all of its forces, including Kushina, Minato and all the clans, maybe then we would be able to overpower this place, but that would be exposing ourselves, and the best we could do anyway would be to reduce this place to ashes.

But the goal in war rarely is to reduce the enemy into ashes, because there is nothing to be taken from ashes.

However, while the village was impossible to take over, the same couldn't be said about the rest of the country. And even if they tried to hide their leaders or their armies on the small island, not only would their army be blocked there, we could also assassinate targets on the island.

Again, ninjas can't siege a city, but killing the commander is exactly what we do.

But enough gloomy talk, I have a mission here. I don't want to sneak into the village in daylight, so I decided to go for Yami Mountain while waiting for the night to settle in.

However, as I was about to, Jashin suddenly spoke up, "You are going to see Yami?"

"Yami?" I questioned in my head.

Jashin replied, "Owl Sage. You are going to see him?"

I nodded, and asked, "Is there a problem? Is he among those who want your head?"

Jashin said, "No, we're cool. Just say hello."

"Okay… was that all?"

Jashin remained silent for a moment, before saying, "Don't drink the Hero Water."

I rose an eyebrow and asked, "I didn't intend on doing so, but why?"

"It will kill you. I'll explain more to you later."

I nodded slowly, and seeing he didn't have anything else to say, I used the Reverse Summon Jutsu.

To my surprise, as I appeared on top of Yami Mountain, next to the Statue of the Sage of Six Paths, I saw the Owl Sage, perched on said statue.

The moment I appeared, he opened his eyes. After a silent stare off, I tried, "Jashin said he says hi?"

The Owl Sage, or should I say Yami, sighed, "Do you have any kind of idea the trouble you have put yourself in, child?"

I smiled and put aside my mask as I said, "I guessed Jashin didn't leave the other Sages on kind terms, but not exactly, no. Am I putting you in trouble?"

Yami shook his head and said, "Not anymore than we ever were. Maybe they will be a little more proactive than usual, but it should be fine."

I was about to say something, but Jashin suddenly cried out, "Can you let me out? I need to talk to him."

I raised an eyebrow in surprise, I didn't even know that was possible. But at the same time, I could feel Jashin's Spirit trying to leave my body.

I accepted, and a small part of his spirit manifested in the outside world, taking form. However, he didn't appear human, like he used to, but instead a black and white cat. It made me smile, this seemed to be his true form.

As he appeared, Jashin said, "Isn't this the best time? She is the most suitable human we will ever get."

Yami looked at Jashin calmly as he replied, "I know that already. However, she isn't ready yet. Soon, but not yet."

Jashin growled, "She and I could simply go there, and kill them all…"

Yami rolled his eyes and flew to my shoulder, landing as he said, "This child isn't ready to face them. Not yet."

Jashin jumped on my other shoulder, and replied, "She is about to get in the tree."

For some reason, this made Yami go silent, as he looked more serious than ever.

As for me… I was lost. I had no idea what those two were talking about, and it was bothering me. However, I didn't get to say my piece as Yami looked at me in the eyes and said, "You still need to train more. But soon, we will explain everything to you. Until then, train, and live your life."

This was frustrating, but while I tried questioning the two of them about their cryptic conversation, Jashin returned to my body, and Yami disappeared, and I was unable to follow.

So in the end, I simply went into the statue to train.

70