Chapter 110: Youthful Steam!
1.5k 11 65
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

To read up to 15 chapters ahead: https://www.patréon.com/SlyOW

-------------

[Might Guy's POV]

I cannot claim to understand everything there was to be understood about the art of war, but if there is one thing I understand, it is YOUTH!

Clapping my hands with a grin, I hollered, "Young men, let us show them the Power of Youth!"

Unfortunately, it would seem the men who had been assigned to me did not realize the power of their youth, as seen by their lacklustre response.

I did not let that get me down though, and instead took it as a challenge as I led them up north. We had just passed the Valley of the End, reaching into the Land of Rice, when we finally spotted the enemy.

They did not bother hiding, nor did we, as our two armies stopped, looking at one another.

Squinting my eyes, I could see a man standing in front of the enemy army, and he was probably the largest man I had ever seen. He was easily two or three heads taller than the other soldiers, and was covered in a red armor, with an arm tucked in.

I turned to look at the passionate young men standing by my sides, and was about to say something, when one of the lieutenants of General Tsubasa, a Bender, said lazily, "Remember, our goal is to stop the enemy, so don't throw your lives for nothing."

His words were not met by much reactions, and how could they, when the speaker himself did not hold any PASSION!

"Listen here young men, today is the day for you to show the Power of Youth to our adversaries! Forward!"

I didn't have to remain behind to know their reaction to my speech would be overwhelming, so I sped forward as soon as I was finished, toward the enemy commander.

As I approached, I saw him take a breath, and a cloud of steam exit his armor as he disappeared from view. I immediately opened the first two Gates, and slammed my nunchakus to my right.

The next instant, the Jinchuriki of the Five Tails, Han, appeared on my right, his fist colliding with my weapon.

As our eyes locked, he said, "Didn't expect you to be back on your feet after our last fight, Might Guy."

Grinning, I spun my weapon around, blocking a second punch, and ducked to dodge the follow up kick as I replied, "Nothing can stop the Power of Youth!"

In my current state, with only the first two Gates opened, Han was much faster than me, but my nunchakus were even faster. Barely moving, my weapon twirled around me as I not only blocked his blows but also struck him in the chest, sending him flying into the crowd.

Using this free time, I closed my eyes and circulated my chakra toward the next couple of Gates.

Gate of Life, open!

Gate of Pain, open!

Gate of Limit, open!

With five Gates now opened, the world turned slower as I felt my body filled with power, a power that was destroying me. But that power is nothing before the Power of Youth!

Ignoring the pain, I rushed in the direction I sent Han flying in, and found him to have made his own preparations. An even greater amount of steam was leaving his armor, forming strange forms around him as they hovered to form a thin cloud.

"Dynamic Entry!"

Han crossed his arms to try and block me, but he was once again sent flying back into a mountain this time as I crashed into him. I immediately followed after him and smashed my weapon into him, but it only met the rock as Han appeared on my side.

Using the mountain as support, I twirled to the side, dispersing much of the punch's force into the rock. However, I felt my side burn, as a result of the steam covering the fist.

Actually, I could feel his steam was burning me at all times, and with my body temperature rising, my stamina was rapidly disappearing.

But at the same time, Han no longer appeared as fast as before as I became able of following him, although his body looked like it was teleporting between places.

I had always been confused by this, but Sukaina had been kind enough to explain it to me. The eye did not give a continuous flux of vision, but instead many images quickly put together. It was normally impossible to notice, but with the opening of the gates, I had approached it, and it gave me the idea for a new technique.

I stood in place as Han approached me quickly, not moving in the slightest. However, he seemed to notice something was wrong as he moved out of the way at the last moment, swerving to the side as he instead sent a pillar of steam my way.

But the steam did not even get close to me as my raging Youth shielded me from it, as I punched the air before me to stop it.

Since Han was not approaching, then I guess I have to go for something else. Breathing out, I closed the Gates I had opened.

Han seemed to notice the change too as he asked, "Already can't hold on anymore?"

I grinned and replied, "You are a mighty opponent, Han of Iwagakure. But today's match goes to me!"

Gate of View, open!

Instantly opening all the Gates back to the 6th one, I leapt toward Han, reaching his level in an instant, so fast that flames manifested in my path. I feigned an attack with my nunchaku toward his temple, and used the distraction to mightily kick him in the chest, sending him flying in the air, and also burning his armor red.

And now that he couldn't dodge as he was in mid air, I followed him up and rapidly punched the air. I punched so fast that the air set ablaze, and all of Han's steam was swatted away as he was hit by the countless attacks, taking both physical and burning damage from the fists.

And the fists only accelerated as the flames manifested themselves into a large peacock, bathing Han into fire.

"Morning Peacock!"

As I yelled out the name of the attack, I sent one last punch at Han, sending him flying even further as he transformed into the peacock, crashing into his army and neutralizing many of their troops.

Not waiting to see the results, I closed all of the Gates, landing with difficulty on the ground, surrounded by enemies. My body stiff, I quickly twirled my nunchakus, in warning.

But before I could take action, a loud sound of thunder arose, and in the next moment all of the enemies around me fell the ground, yellow lightning coursing through their bodies, while the lieutenant appeared before me.

Playing with his two short swords, he said in his ever lazy voice, "They are retreating."

I looked past him, and indeed, the enemy were running away. In the distance, I could also see Han being carried away, his state unknown. However, he was a Jinchuriki, I doubt that killed him, although he should be out of commission for a while.

As for me, I could feel my body shaken by the battle, but the Power of Youth was helping me deal with the pain!

"YOUTH!!"

65