Chapter 123: Unstoppable Death
1.8k 8 64
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

To read up to 15 chapters ahead: https://www.patréon.com/SlyOW

-------------

I moved into the night with deadly silence, infiltrating one of the five great villages like a walk in the park.

Not only was I soundless, my chakra was kept so low that even if a sensor were to be sensing the exact spot I am in, they would probably think an ant is there or something. That was partly because of my skill, but also because 9 of my clones were active at the moment, splitting my chakra by ten.

As for seeing me with their eyes… I had managed to reach the next level in the Stealth technique in the last year, allowing me to manipulate the light around me to make me harder to see. This was the realm Yami, the Owl Sage who had created this technique, had reached.

In other words, I probably was the world's best, or second best at stealth. If I had to quantify this with levels, then manipulating sound pushed my stealth to early Master, and manipulating light allowed me to reach peak Master.

But the thing is, I can feel there is another level to the Stealth Technique. Or rather, it cans till be improved. And I can feel that if I do manage to make that improvement, I would reach a whole new level. However, I wasn't in too big of a hurry since I'm confident no one can detect me as I am right now.

Maybe Yugito, the Jinchuriki of the Two Tails, had a chance, but even that wasn't sure. In any case, while I may be unfamiliar with the enemy's hidden village, I could easily tell where the Hokage's place was, it was obvious in any village.

Before long, I arrived at said place, which was a large building, and looked more like a large palace than a tower.

Quietly climbing on one of the windows, I spotted the Mizukage, Yagura, leaning against his desk as he read something. I crouched down, looking down at him, a little curious as to whether he would be able to feel me.

But a minute later, he was still immersed in what he was reading, so I think it is safe to assume he is not capable of sensing me.

So I quietly unsheathed my blade, and pointing it towards Yagura's heart, I made several actions at once.

I opened all first Five Gates, which was the most I could open, and at the same time dispelled all of my clones. Finally, using the power pouring into me, I directed it all toward my legs, and jumped much faster than sound.

Not only was I capable of going faster than sound with my physical might and the Gate of Limit opened, I had also increased my legs' strength with chakra, making me even faster. In fact, I was so fast that I couldn't properly react to this speed, but it didn't matter.

In the next instant, I reached Yagura, and my sword pierced through his back, going all the way through his body and coming out of his chest.

Because of the power of my jump, I expected my sword to continue cutting its way out of Yagura's body, but to my shock I found an unusual resistance from my sword, and so as I didn't let go of it, both Yagura and I were sent tumbling forward.

The next second, we both crashed heavily into the wall opposite of us, destroying it in the process.

And as we landed amidst the rubble, I finally realized why my blade was stuck.

Although Yagura hadn't seen me coming in the slightest, he had reacted fast enough to create coral the moment the blade touched him. And so now was my blade was covered in coral, and it was spreading toward my hand, so even if I wanted to now, I couldn't take my hand off the coral.

Well, in theory.

With a powerful pull, I yanked my sword out of Yagura, dodging a monstrous red claw as I retreated several meters back.

Circulating my chakra through my blade with a technique I had learned from Izumo, the coral cleared away from my blade as I looked at Yagura up and down, and said, "I knew Jinchurikis were freaks, but to still be standing after a stab through the heart…"

Yagura scoffed, "You lost your only chance to kill me, should have gone for the other side. Now, you are going to die."

I smiled, and taking a deep breath, I used the entirety of my chakra to breath out a thick mist from my mouth.

Because of my stupendous quantity of chakra, the heavy mist quickly spread through the whole village, using the nearby sources of water to continue fuel itself.

The mist was thick enough to completely block vision, and Yagura cried out, "You are not escaping!"

With a clap of his hands, a giant sphere of water manifested around us, and with a tap, it transformed into coral, forming a firm layer that would take a moment to break, even for me.

But I had no intention of leaving. As the mist between us disappeared because of Yagura's interference, I smiled and said, "It was my miscalculation to have aimed for the heart, but who could have guessed your heart was on the right, instead of the left."

Yagura groaned, "Mistake that will cost you your life."

I smiled and wiped the blood off my blade as I commented, "Quite curious, for the blood you left on the blade to be purple. Care to guess how that happened?"

Yagura's eyes widened, and he faltered a little as he coughed, and said, "You poisoned the blade!"

Still smiling, I winked, "Bingo. Now, time to die."

I leaped toward Yagura using the Shunshin Slash, aiming to cut off his arm. But he protected himself using a layer of coral, resulting in only a deep cut. Clicking my tongue, I kicked the ground strongly, sending tremors that threw him off his balance, and rushed back at him.

But this time, Yagura used his strange weapon to create a large water mirror, out of which a copy of me appeared. However, it was much slower than me, so it would seem Yagura's famous technique was incapable of replicating the Eight Gates.

Using this to my advantage, I cut through my copy, before reaching Yagura.

He used his club to protect his upper body, so as he blocked his own vision with his club, I let go of my sword, and lowered myself to punch him in the stomach.

The thick layer of coral broke upon impact as Yagura got sent flying into his own trap, slamming against the coral trapping us, and I grabbed my sword in mid air, appeared next to him in the next instant.

Yagura tried to defend himself, but not only was I much faster than him, his body was turning sluggish because of the poison, and so he failed to defend himself as my sword pierced through his chest, and his heart this time.

At that, Yagura froze, before slumping over slightly. His eyes went from the blade in his chest to me, and he muttered, "Fucking monster."

Twisting the sword, I crushed his heart, killing him as I felt a large amount of Blood Essence gather in my back. A much greater amount than ever before, even when I killed that dragon.

And this, confirmed the death of the Fourth Mizukage.

 

Author's Note: I'm taking a break for a week, I'll be back on the 20th.

64