Chapter 163: Coronation (7)
931 5 51
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As Kushina stopped breathing, I felt my own lungs stop functioning as I took a look around. Jiraya was standing over Tsunade, crying all the tears in his body, while even Orochimaru was looking at her body with emotion.

Mikoto was, just like Minato, holding her beloved, looking into their dead eyes, as if hoping to see a trace of warmth remaining in them.

Finding my breath again, I said, "P-Please, I beg you. Go away. I… I don't want anymore of your blood on my hands!"

With my cry, not only did tears start coming out of my eyes, but a strong wave of force came out of me, blowing everything around me back. However, they stood strong on their feet as the few remaining alive let go of their beloved, and looked at me in hatred.

Minato tried to teleport, but with Kushina gone, the restriction was back in place. So he decided to switch onto the most basic tools of a Shinobi, and came running at me.

With the temperature still being freezingly cold, he wasn't anywhere fast enough to do anything to me, and he knew it. Still, I could see in his eyes that he didn't care.

But I did.

Dodging fury incarnate, I said, "Please, Minato! Think of Naruto! Leave, and take care of your son! Raise him to take your revenge if you want, I don't care, just leave!"

However, Minato did not listen to me. His world seemed to have fallen apart as he hunted for me with everything he had left.

But then, as I looked into his eyes, I realized that killing him wouldn't be mercy. So, like always, I put another forward in my heart, and ignored the terrible pain it made me feel as I appeared in his back, and pierced through his heart with my sword.

The rampaging Fourth Hokage finally stopped struggling as his stamina had long gone out, his Sage Mode having also disappeared as the last few drops of vitality quickly dripped down my sword.

Still, he had the time to look over his shoulder, into my eyes to show his great sorrow, and say, "I'm sorry for what happened to you."

My grip on my sword strengthened, and I said through clenched teeth and tears, "And so am I."

And like that, the Fourth Hokage, the Yellow Flash of the Leaf, Minato Namikaze, died.

Wiping my face off, I turned to look at Mikoto, but only saw her with an ice pick going through her heart. I hadn't even noticed I killed her.

I…

I took a difficult breath, finally looking at the only two remaining alive, Jiraya and Orochimaru… three, actually. That old bat Tsunade still isn't dead, despite having been cut in two.

"Take their bodies back to Konoha… I'm leaving you a week to leave the Land of Fire, during which you shan't be harmed. Anyone who remains behind will be accepting my rule, and if they don't, they will be executed."

Jiraya placed a hand on his scroll, obviously about to continue attacking, but then his eyes traced to Minato, and with a sigh he stopped.

Snapping my fingers, I manipulated the water around to move all the bodies towards them, even the one from the Akatsuki. The rational part of myself would have killed Orochimaru, but… fuck it, he's going to be a bother in the future.

Taking another step, I took the last life today as I cleanly separated Orochimaru's head from his shoulders.

Jiraya jumped back in alarm, but I didn't say anything as I moved back to the execution platform, which was still standing, and sat on it, looking at the destruction around with sadness.

My eyes glazed over as I fell back, I couldn't look around. But even as I looked into the sky, it turned red, the raindrops turning into blood.

I… I'm tired of seeing nothing but blood.

"Sukaina stop!"

I ignored Jashin's cry as I dug my fingers into my eyes. I did not make a single sound as I endured the pain, but no matter how much pain I felt, it wasn't enough to overshadow the pain of what I just did.

As I completely clawed through my eyes though, I felt some of energy move towards my eyes against my will, healing them quickly.

Gritting my teeth, I continued clawing at them, while groaning, "Stop healing my eyes you fucker!"

Jashin replied equally as angry, "You are not going blind now! You still have a nation to run! A world to save!"

Crushing my eyes between my fingers, I replied, "I don't need those eyes for that!"

Jashin, healing them, said, "Of course you do! Do you think entering darkness will erase those images from your mind? They are already engraved!"

As I heard him, I stopped for a moment, before continuing to claw.

Still healing me against my will, Jashin added, "You've already done the hardest! I understand your pain, but you can't give up now! Raise your head one more time, Sukaina! One more time!"

One more time, one more time…

"But what for? Humans have done nothing but disappoint me to this day. And for those who didn't, I either killed them with my own hands, or they hate me with every fibre of their being. Why should I save those who hate me?"

Jashin replied, "You can do what's right, and what's easy. You don't have to save this world. But can you really just stand there and watch it burn, when you could have done something? So what if they don't like you? You are the Queen of Flowers, Sukaina, and that comes with a price."

I finally stopped clawing at my eyes, allowing them to heal as I muttered, "He who stands above all others shall be burdened the sky."

Jashin said, "Come on, you still have a lot to do. Don't let their sacrifice be for nothing."

I nodded with a sigh, and got up from the platform.

51