Chapter 26
829 2 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Year 1, (1/1) Delinquent achievement complete]

[Year 1, (0/0) Delinquent slots left]

[Hidden title acquired]

[Year 1, (0/0) title slots left]

[Trait unlocked: Mushroom release]

[Year 1, (0/0) trait slots left]

[Slots reloading (-365 days)]

[..]

[Mushroom release: A deviant, drugged, subsidiary bloodline limit closely connected to the wood release. Consumes very little vitality and chakra.]

..

Nawaki dropped the joint he was smoking in his hazy bathroom,

Still gaping at the windows, he was dumbfounded, Pleasantly so,

His new bloodline limit, the mushroom release, was a subsidiary bloodline related to the wood release. In other words, he could use each bloodline individually and together to create combined jutsus.

Spores, mushrooms, and fungi generally grew below, on, around, and inside trees...

But the mushroom release itself, that shrubbery release, was interesting. It came with offensive, defensive and supportive jutsus. The first bloodline-jutsu Nawaki had awakened from the new release was a supportive type. It was called [Mushroom Candy].

The name sounded pretty, but the skill was both friendly and harmful.

Performing the jutsu, Nawaki could make mushrooms grow out of the ground or his own body. Those mushrooms could be nutritious food, edibles, recreational drugs, performance-enhancing drugs, or raw poison...

...Understanding the skill more and more and about to try it before going over to Tsunade's, Nawaki grinned. Once he was done absorbing the info and getting a new feel of his skill, a skill he easily could try, train indoors, he opened his status.

..

Seconds later, eating one of the mushrooms he grew from his left palm, Nawaki thought pensively, his eyes on his status,

[Status: Nawaki]

[Jobs: Shinobi, Playboy (Lvl.10)]

[Unique traits: Wood release, Lustful Ninja, Morning wood, Wooden armor, Wooden stabs]

[Hidden traits: Mushroom release]

'The food types actually taste quite nice... Could we make mushroom soup of this?'

'I'll have to ask grandma...'

'...But about the poison...I'll have to try and see if Tsunade can make the distinction between those I can produce thus far. I don't want to accidentally leave them around and poison people in the household...'

'...Since it's my bloodline, I can tell, but I don't know if people who aren't knowledgeable about shrooms or poisons can...'

Once he was done with the cooking considerations, Nawaki thought, '...Mmmm...What's with the new box, though?'

'...Hidden traits?'

XX

The hour passed quickly,

Nawaki was in his sister's room, holding a pillow half his own body height when he asked her to try and examine his status,

"Do you see anything odd?" Nawaki said curiously.

"No, it's still the same; why?" Tsunade frowned.

Listening to her say this, the boy smirked internally. He understood what the hidden part meant now...It wasn't just about unlocking hidden achievements...

Because he didn't have any plans to tell about the new release to Tsunade for now, he innocently tilted his head to the side and said, scratching his cheek, "Do I see things, then? I must be tired,"

"What are you hiding this time?" Tsunade asked. She wasn't easily fooled, obviously. It was the second time Nawaki had asked her a strange question tonight...

"Nothing. Let's go to sleep." Nawaki grinned and said. The next moment he was funnily crawling inside his sister's bedsheets.

"..."

Tsunade didn't say anything at first, but her expression grew suspicious when Nawaki acted cute.

After some criticism and a few dissatisfied sighs, she decided to turn the lights off before joining her brother in the futon,

They had a long day waiting for them tomorrow. And she was wondering if she should also have Nono graduate.

Lights off, when Nawaki asked why she would do that since Nono's case was different from his, Tsunade confidently replied that Shinobi school was too slow, too unspecialized, and children learned a lot of useless stuff, useless stuff they'd forget or die because of,

Future medics especially didn't need the unspecialized shinobi school,

...He was surprised to hear her say that, but he agreed, so he didn't retort.

Ninja mathematics was good, but to save hostages, one needed strength and practical experience.

Children spent twelve years doing ninja equations, but at the end of the day, unless one was a Nara, they'd die without even graduating the chunin exams...

XX

Deep into the night,

Nono had her best night in a long time today, Ever since Shinra's death at least...

But old habits were hard to shake. Even more in an unfamiliar and new environment. No matter how comfortable it was.

Thirsty for water, she woke up and silently exited her room with some chalk and her slate, planning to ask for whatever she needed from the maid in the corridor like Nawaki said,

But when her head peeked out of her door, Nono was surprised and confused. The old maid her new brother said would come here when she slept was nowhere to be seen.

A second later, however, when she was still perplexed, planning to walk back in and wear her glasses, she listened to nearly inaudible whispers. They were coming from the corridor's right side, towards which she turned her head.

At the end of the wooden aisle, near her new older sister's room, three womanly silhouettes were leaning down with awkward, uncomfortable postures— their hands on the door and their eyes trying to catch glimpses through a slim, slightly lit opening,

9