Graduation and new goal!
5.3k 7 185
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Vol.1: Tales of a God.

Chapter 6 - Graduation and new goal!

Please enjoy the chapter!

Don't forget to leave a sincere comment!


- Timeskip: 90 years (Thor: 100 years old)

Pov. Thor.

And so I continued my life as an immortal god; for ninety years I studied runes with my mother Frigg and learned to forge from Idhuna.

Also, I continued to train my body every day in the training camps, I didn't stop for a single day... My magical manipulation with my main element, which was lightning, proved to be easy, compared to others' training... I was able to copy most of the lightning element techniques I've seen in anime... A good example? One of the techniques I wanted in my arsenal was from the naruto universe:

*The Raiton no Yoroi of the Third Raikage.

Of course, I didn't use chakra, but my divine power was a great substitute...because it was more potent.

Most of the techniques I didn't take more than seven days to master, this was due to my affinity with the lightning element... The technique that lasted seven days? The ability to concentrate my divine power of lightning nature in a single point, to be able to explode and stop time, just like Zeus from Record of Ragnarok... If he stole the move from his own father, I can steal from him too!

It's not 'your' move... It's 'OUR' move!

The reason I wanted to recreate this move? To give it a glorious name!... Besides being very useful...

What's the move name? HAHA, I already had the perfect name from day one of training trying to recreate it!

It's NOT: 'The world'

It's: 'ZA WAAAARUDO!'.

...

Back to my training with Idhuna.

Of course, regarding the forge, I had to become a collector of materials for Idhuna in exchange for lessons.

If I like to become a collector? Of course not... I had to collect items that were illogical, like the roots of a mountain or the breath of a fish...

Was this work worth it? Definitely... The reason? Some of these trips allowed me to see the other realms... Also, on my first trip to Midgard, I heard a voice calling me... And the voice came from the sky, or to be more specific... From a star in the sky, it glowed a red color comparable to my hair. I knew I would have to go to It one day, I already suspected what it was... So I started making preparations.

Other things happened, like me getting a new baby brother named Balder, he was the light of the family... Literally! At birth, it seemed that the sun had visited the room.

In my hundred years of existence, I met several people, as well as my other brothers: Vidar, Váli, and Hermód; the sons of Njord: Frey, and Freyja; and last but not least I got to know Idhuna and her daughter Sif better.

And to say I was surprised by Sif's personality would be an understatement... She had a mouth as dirty as her mother and was so stubborn it got on my nerves... The reason?

When we were about thirteen years old, she challenged me to a fight because she knew I trained from a young age and she had a dream to be the strongest einherjar in Valhalla, surpassing her father Rhagnar in combat, so she thought she would fight back a young god would give her a good proof of what she would face in the future... I didn't deny her request as I wanted to see what level she was after training for three years with the father who held the title of most strong einherjar of the last centuries. So we had a brief contest of strength and skill, no magic or divine energy.

The result was Sif being knocked out the second after the match started.

What can I say... I follow the first rule of a fight, which is: hit fast and hit hard, and so I did... Obviously, I held back, because after all doing Saitama's training, increased by a hundred times, since the time I started walking and made me frighteningly strong, I wanted to knock her out, not blow her head off.

Unfortunately, after she woke up in the healing chamber after one day, she soon came looking for me demanding a rematch... I accepted and knocked her out soon after... Then a pattern started to emerge, every day she would challenge me again.

Did I care for these silly disputes?... Initially yes, as I thought it was a waste of time... But after much consideration... The einherjar is the infantry of the Asgardian army... We don't have many numbers, because the valkyries prefer quality over quantity, so they do not ascend all warriors fallen in battle to become an einherjar, they only ascend if the warrior dies gloriously. So these warriors remain partying and fighting in Valhalla's hall, waiting to be called to the 'last battle'... If I indirectly forced Sif to train more to be a better warrior, she would consequently raise the standard of becoming an einherjar. With this in mind, made me accept Sif's challenges, and so every year I fought her at least once.

Any sane person would have given up on challenging me after several consecutive defeats, with matches that didn't last more than two seconds... But Sif kept trying.

That was something I could respect... But let's face it, it was still meaningless.

After many challenges and showing no sense of giving up, she ended up earning the respect of the einherjar at the age of thirteen through a title given by the einherjar: Sif the unshakable maiden.

Honestly, I was happy for her, few are recognized by the einherjar so young, in fact, Sif was the youngest... But as soon as she was recognized, her training became more important than anything, so she didn't pass longer in the forge with her mother. I only saw her two or three times a year, and one of those times was in connection with our annual combat match.

Anyway... A lot happened; besides, today was an important day... Because it was the day that might be my 'graduation' as a blacksmith.

My task? Forge an artifact yourself and present it to Idhuna, who would deliver the verdict.

My choice of object was a female necklace... But not just any necklace, it had a purpose to be given to someone, if all went well I would borrow a flying ship to go get my partner from the 'red star'.

When I finished the first item that I forged by my hands, I placed it inside a box and took it towards Idhuna.

"... It's over? I hope you at least made the effort to make this item and not in any other way like that repair to a Valkyria helmet... That looked like a baby's work "said Idhuna, taking the box out of my hands.

"…I already told you it was an accident…I…I lose control" I said, embarrassed.

"Lose control? Boy, there's a good reason for us dwarves not to physically fight inside the forge because of a mere insult... A forge is a place considered sacred to us because here we make our 'creations'... In a way, we give ' life' to things... As much as they are considered mere objects or tools for other races, for us dwarves forging is an art... That's why when we're angry at someone, we usually insult; you will never see dwarves fighting inside a forge as it is a total disregard for our livelihood," said Idhuna sternly.

"… But I'm not a dwarf to pursue that way of life," I said.

"It's true... But you're in a dwarf's 'house'... If you were unable to maintain your composure or concentration while forging because of a mere insult... I wouldn't even have bothered to start teaching you something," Idhuna said smiling.

Then Idhuna opened the box and took out the necklace I made... She didn't show any reaction at all, she just assessed it.

The more time I spent in silence... The more nervous I got.

Until Idhuna broke the silence.

"A female necklace? I must say it's beautiful, it's perfect at first sight…" began Idhuna.

I held in a sigh... I was nervous, and for good reason, it took me a year to make this necklace out of the right materials.

"... Who are you going to give this? I hope it's not for my daughter because she doesn't like this jewelry much, she prefers a sword... Unless... Don't tell me it's for you?!" said Idhuna in disbelief.

But I noticed the small smile.

"Can you stop joking and say what you think?" I said tiredly.

I think I got used to talking to this crazy woman... Ninety years is a long time.

"Hmm…I don't see anything that needs improving…Clean and glamor runes of enchantment are the basics in jewelry forging, but…Runes of time and space? Hmm... rune of return to the owner of blood huh... ingenious; 100 m³ storage rune... just a few artifacts have this storage space... Not to mention time and space runes are considered complex..." said Idhuna evaluating the necklace.

She spent the next minute considering it in silence.

Until she looked at me with a serious face.

I swallowed saliva.

"... And then? What do you think?" I said nervously.

"…What do I think?… If you weren't a warrior, you would be a good blacksmith" said Idhuna handing me the necklace.

"So does that mean that-!" I said hopefully.

"Yes boy... You passed..." said Idhuna with a smile, and then walked towards her workbench and started looking for something.

As she searched I let out a sigh... Now I'm a full-fledged blacksmith, but blacksmiths are always learning... Idhuna said the blacksmith's best tool is his imagination... Now I can finally go crazy with my ideas when starting with:

*Project #1 – My own flying ship, inspired by Type-Moon's Vimana, the ship of king Gilgamesh.

Why?... And the answer would be: Why not?

Besides, I wouldn't have to borrow someone else's transport again. It's like the saying goes:

Nothing crushes a man's spirit more than having to beg for help.

Unfortunately... I couldn't wait until I built my own ship to pick up my partner as each day that passed was agony for me... It felt like a part of me was missing... I even knew how far away my partner was.

My transport to pick up my partner? I will use Frey's flying boat, the Skidbladnir, which is capable of navigating water, land, and sky... as well as navigating to my objective located in space.

How would I do this? Well... Frey was known for many things... The prince of the Vanir, the god of fertility, the god of peace... But his best-known title? The biggest siscon of all time.

Frey always tried to please his sister Freyja with various gifts... All gifts were rejected by Freyja, the reason was simple... Frey always erred in his sister's likes, while he loved her; he didn't know her likes or dislikes... And this led to attempts that failed... The most unsuccessful siscon of all, the sister herself found the behavior of her eldest brother disgusting.

So, because Freyja's birthday is approaching, like the good friend that I am, I'll give Frey this necklace to give to Freyja when he's most desperate to find the perfect gift for his sister... And in return, I would borrow Skidbladnir for seven days to fetch my partner.

I snapped out of my thoughts when I noticed Idhuna coming towards me with two boxes.

"Here... This is the 'graduation' gift as a blacksmith one is mine the other is from Sif... Who did it with a little bit of my help" said Idhuna smiling.

I soon held the two boxes and opened the first box...

It was a golden belt.

"I call it Megingjord, its function is quite simple... It works to increase its strength by increasing the user's weight. Sif said she always sees you training with weights, so she thought it would be helpful for you to have a belt that works like a weight... That gift was her idea," Idhuna said smiling.

A belt that works like a weight?... Is that a gravity belt?!... Well... There goes project No. 5 on my list, not bad then.

"Thank you... I liked the present" I said thanking her.

"It's not me you should thank... That was Sif's gift" said Idhuna smiling.

I see... Sif... I owe you a magic sword!

I will start working on it later.

I soon opened the next box...

It was a pair of black gloves; at first glance, they seemed to be made of leather and quite fragile... But when I noticed that I've seen these same gloves before, I already knew their function.

"I call them Járngreipr... Due to your ability to break both the artifact you are forging and the forging hammer by accident, I thought it best to create these gauntlets specifically for you... They are made of tough material, capable of absorbing the weight of your blow so you don't break anything by accident," said Idhuna smiling.

I soon put on my gifts, and activated the belt to be ten times normal gravity, then felt the effects of the gravity increase.

"Thank you so much Idhuna, not only for the gifts…but for everything" I thanked her once more.

"Haha…you're welcome…you're like a son that unfortunately, I didn't have…But again, if I had a child I wouldn't want it to be with your behavior," Idhuna said mockingly.

I could only counterattack with something I knew she hated when anyone mentioned it.

"Don't worry…I also don't think I'd be a good son to you…A grandson, though? Maybe…" I said smiling.

What did she not like me to mention?... Her age.

"... Are you calling me an old woman?! Boy! Know that I'm only 535 years old! I'm just a teenager!" yelled Idhuna, as she tried to punch me.

I quickly dodged and ran towards the exit.

But not before screaming.

"They say the older you are, the more likely you're to get irritated easily!" I yelled as I ran.

When I left I could only hear one last scream.

"FUCK YOU!"

 

As soon as I left the forge, I headed to the Vanir palace... It was time to negotiate the perfect necklace that will serve as a perfect gift for the sister of a devoted siscon, by a flying ship borrowed for seven days... In the throne room of the prince of the Vanir, I noticed that he was alone in the room, sitting on his throne mumbling something like:

'Three days left– What gift? – Three days left – What gift?...'

Now was the time to talk to the oldest siscon in history.

How I should start? With a reference of course!

"Prince Frey... I've come to bargain!"


That's it, folks!

I hope you enjoyed the chapter!

*Attention, I don't know how to post the characters' design...

As always, sorry for the grammatical errors.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

185