Where did he go?
373 1 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the end of the first event the audience was fired up. They took some time to calm down, present mic took the sign when the people were beginning to quiet down a bit to start to speak.

" Now folks, it's time to begin the second event. Once again we call our famous heroine midnight to spin the wheel and explain the rules for this challenge."

Midnight repeated the procedure and the wheel stop in cavalry battle. She then explained the rules and gave time to the students to form groups.

(An: Once again I've chosen to not be too verbose in the explanation of the cavalry battle, I hate it when authors spend the entire chapter explaining useless information to the reader, if you are curious check the wiki.)

Sekizan decided to just form a pair, he did not like the idea of being burdened too much by extra people. He looked around and locked eyes with a girl he was somewhat familiar with. He found that her quirk will be useful in this particular event.

He walked to her and they traded a look, she spoke first.

" Do you want to form a team?" Tsuyu Asui said looking in the eyes of the giant teen.

" Yes. Your quirk will be useful in the plan I made." He said simply. Having decided that, they began to converse about strategies and their roles.

He had to decline Kirishima who approached him to form a team. He said to him that he would be more manly relying on himself to win. Sekizan sometimes liked the simplicity in with his friend operated in life.

The time to begin was approaching and most of the groups were looking at the poor Midoriya team. He could feel the lad nervousness from the other side of the stadium. He crouched low to allow Asui to climb on his shoulders and when he stood in full height again she was holding his hair with more force than he anticipated.

" Are you afraid of heights?" He asked the frog themed girl.

" Just the normal amount, ribit." She said. She was responsible for holding the headband with the points.

His plan was simple. He would use the poor Midoriya as distraction and get some points from unsuspecting teams. He did not get pleasure crushing people on such situations, so he chose a way he could get something out of the event as well. He would train his stealth.

By approaching others without their notice, Asui will then use her tongue to get their points, preferably without them noticing as well. His team will try to blend with the environment as much as possible. If some of the people try and pick a fight with him openly he gotta apologize in advance, he will knock then out quickly to not attract to much attention.

" It's time to begin folks, let's count down together. 10,9…2, 1 BEGIN!" Present Mic shouted announcing the beginning of the second round.

Sekizan immediately moved around. His steps were silent as he used his senses to ascertain the blind spots of most people. Some teams unequivocally spotted the duo, but they were swiftly and quickly dispatched and got their points stolen as well. It was hard to hide being a 1.90 m tall muscular man with bright red hair, but the challenge lies in the difficulty of the task.

Midoriya did his job splendidly, with him attracting so much attention the crowd soon forgot about their existence. He soon approached an unsuspecting group who was in turn trying to approach another.

" Try it now, with this distance you can snatch the points easily." He said to his teammate in a more quiet voice. 

"Ok." Tsuyu said in turn. 

She aimed and launched her long tongue, and like a professional thief snatched the points of the team they targeted.

" Good work." He said to her in appreciation.

"Thanks."Asui answered simply.

Meanwhile Midoriya was dodging explosions and mountains of ice holding his headband for dear life. 

The time passed with Sekizan trying to blend with the background and Midoriya working hard to survive. The event soon came to a conclusion.

" Well folks, that's time. This mark the end of the second event of this sports festival. Let's have a round of applause to all the students who worked hard to qualify to the third round." Present Mic did his job and conducted the crowd. Making the people clap and cheer for the students who by now were run ragged having participated in two cardio heavy events.

" Let's see the rank to accertain who from all the participants qualify to the third and final round of this festival." Mic pointed at the giant screen on the middle of the stadium attracting the attention of all the people.

Sekizan looked to see where he stood in this round. Apparently he stood again in second place, with a team from the class B on the third and Bakugo and Todoroki in the fourth and fifth place respectively. It seems that they got tangled up in the conflict to get Midoriya headband and ended up getting affected.

He was happy with his results. It was impossible to gain first place without going after Midoriya, but he gained plentiful of experience in the art of stealth in this round. So he was content with second place.

" Well that's it folks, for those who did not get qualified for the third round we will have a extra round of games in between to allow our contestants to rest. You guys who did not pass can show the world your qualifications through that." Present mic said to pacify the downtrodden people who did not get the chance to advertise their talents.

Sekizan picked the frog girl from his neck, he ignored the squeak she made, and put her on the ground. 

" That was a good round, pleasure working with you." He said politely, he enjoyed the compliance and the effectiveness of the frog girl, she was skillful with controlling her tongue.

" I appreciate the compliment, Sekizan-kun." Asui said, she was impressed with the ability that the tall teen showed to her. With the capability of hiding in plain sight she wondered his effectiveness in a city environment.

They proceeded to go to the waiting rooms to drink water and eat something while they rested for the third round. Sekizan gobble up a lot of food, he metabolized a lot of fat in the first round, he needed to digest this food rapidly to be at his best when fighting in the next round.

It was public knowledge that in the sports festival the third round aways was a one vs one type of battle. This is the highlight of the show and what the people really want to see. Next round he was going to contend with that ice boy, and he's gotta a lot of work ahead of him.

He seated in the waiting stand to digest his food and entered in a state of meditation as he could control his metabolism more readily that way. Because of this however his senses got sharper and he heard Todoroki having a conversation with his father, Endeavour.

' It looks like he have a lot of family problems, his father seem brash and strict.' Sekizan thought quietly in his mind. He didn't get worked up too much, it was a family problem after all.

He got interested however on the fact that Shoto had a fire type quirk as well in his arsenal. It seems that because of some trauma he refuses to use his fire side.

' Well, I can only make him use it on me then.' Sekizan thought to himself. He would made it so that he had to use his fire to have a chance of defeating him. He already got a idea of a move to break his ice attacks.

He sat there digesting his food rapidly, some people could even notice vapor coming out of his skin if they looked carefully, until Present Mic announced the end of the game round and the beginning of the third.

" Well lady's and gentlemen. It's Time!! On the red corne- ops wrong universe. It's time for the third round to begin."

Sekizan got up from his seat. It was time for the real challenge to commence. He was ecxited to test his limits.

20