2-Joining the familia
1.1k 2 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

One week has passed since Moby entered this world and likely he took the time to integrate himself with that. He also dived to floor 2 with no problems. Floor 3 was a challenge and until he was confident he wouldn’t delve deeper.

In all that time he trained himself as well, not harshly, but steadily he used the Bald training arts except limited himself to ten of everything for the past week, with potions and money to eat.

He no longer looked skinny and had built some muscle. He also took a clean look at his face. His eyes were emerald green, he would say he resembled Shirou from fate, but better in every way.

Look aside, today was a special day as he stabbed a kobold in the chest from afar. He saw a red crying blur run past him.

“Oh? Wait, so I arrived a week earlier? Huh... must be the minotaur.”

-Poof

He picked up the magic core and stuffed it in his bag, something he bought in the week he’d been here. He could make some money, and he felt stronger about something that made him wonder if he was human.

But he had no extra features, so he tossed that thought to the wind. He turned around and left. Now he was feeling ready to join the Hestia familia.

Also, there were times he came across Bell, who constantly asked when he would join. ‘now seems like a good time.’

He put his glaive on his back and left the dungeon, ‘growth-wise I think I’m doing alright in one week I made it to the 3rd floor I wonder if I have a skill, well I’ll find out soon anyway, hehe I can’t wait.’

Moments pass, and he made his way to the Guild, “Moby your back?” this Eina called him after the constant repetition she finally remembered his name.

“Yep, I think I’m ready to join a familia,” he said, looking around for Bell, who wasn’t there.

“Finally, I was wondering when alright then let’s take care of your magic crystals first.”

She smiled and exchanged his spoils, “that’s 1200 Valis bringing me up to 6500.”

Next, she pulled him to a desk bringing out some papers, “there are some familia that would be interested in you, reaching the third floor in a week shows you have a fast growth rate definitely above average, but I’m sure you already made your choice haven’t you?” She smiled, handing a sheet to him.

[Hestia Familia]

“Yep, I think Bell’s grown on me,” ‘and their situation needs help to consider this is the real world. I doubt things will play the same as they did, and I honestly care about keeping the storyline.’

To say Bell grew on him was a stretch. In actuality, he hated the type of person he was who constantly stutters to anything with little intellect and the obvious hero syndrome where he puts himself and others in danger. There are more reasons, but he couldn’t list them all day.

He could accept Bell and still hate some of his characteristics.

“Then there’s no stopping you also. If you could please look after, Bell he is a sweet person, and don’t let him go too far and do rash things,” she gave a weak smile and stood up.

Moby simply rolled his eyes and left. He looked at the recommendation letter and followed the location.

The Hestia Familia is in an old abandoned church that was given to Hestia by Hephaestus. A secret door led to the P-shaped basement. Apollo Familia destroyed the church during their attack.

‘I should learn to build stuff, to prepare for the attack,’ he thought while knocking at the door.

“Who is it? Ah, Moby!” Bell beamed and brought his hands out, which he shook. “Eh, why are you here?”

‘This dense mother,’ he chuckled, “why else I’m here to join you Familia!” He declared patting his chest.

“EEEEHHH!?” Bell screamed, and soon another voice screeched, talking the bunny boy down.

All the while seeing their celebration, Moby chuckled seeing their faces before a light cough brought them back together.

“Ah my bad,” the goddess calmed herself, looking at it. Moby was taller than she and Bell. How he realised now was a mystery.

“Ahem I Hestia, the goddess in charge of this Familia, welcome you Moby Tick to our home,” she smiled brighter, her face tinted her joy even reaching Moby.

“It is an honour to meet you, Goddess,” he bowed slightly, making her even giddier so much, so she tackled him with a hug.

It was more of a push as he expected something like this with her personality.

“Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou so much!”

Patting her head, Moby pushed the goddess off him. “I’m glad you accepted me.”

She nodded and Bell wiped tears, and she dragged him into the building, ‘it is a church inside.’

“Could you please take off your shirt and I can begin the process, and Bell head outside please,” she said, patting the couch.

Moby glanced at Bell, who gave a thumbs-up as he closed the room. “All right then,” Moby nodded, doing as instructed.

Lying down, he felt Hestia move onto him and place a hand on something dropped on his back.

“I’ll give you your Falna now. Tell me if it gets uncomfortable, okay?”

Moby nodded and faced down, he felt as if he was floating in a pool of water. It was a calm sensation.

‘Hm...’ Hestia felt something odd as she wrote the contract down, “Moby, what race are you?” She asked, placing a sheet of paper beneath the glowing words.

“Race? I’m human... I think...” to know there was something wrong with him was a surprise.

‘Bell said he met him about a week ago. His status is already higher than average... Bell’s status makes sense because of his skill but Moby...’

“Is there a problem?” Moby was believing something was up with him, but he remembered nothing about race or another family.

“Ah no it’s just your soul and the feeling from making the Falna is different for every race though I only did humans I’ve been told each race gives a distinct sensation is all, find out which race you are.”

“...”

She shrugged, “we can find out someday, but right now I’m finished, Waah! You have a skill!? And development ability!?”

-Bam!

“WHAT!?” Bell burst through the door he was leaning and listening to the entire time.

“Here, look,” Hestia got off him and he and Bell glanced at the sheet.

“Hehe wait till I show you out. That flat-chested bitch is gonna swallow,” Hestia mumbled under her breath, cackling like a villain on a field day.

Moby Tick

Level 1

Strength H109

Endurance H101

Dexterity H139

Agility H119

Magic: I 0

Skill: Alchemy-The ancient metaphysical science/mystical art of manipulating and altering matter by using natural energy with your own hands or a transmutation circle. Only one thing can be created from something else of a certain mass. This is the Principle of Equivalent Exchange.

Development Ability: Memory Retention-capable of remembering specific information and calling to it.

Moby’s hands shook as he glanced at the skill, ‘alchemy as in the alchemy,’ he glanced at the goddess, smiling.

“Goddess Hestia, I have an idea of my skill but can we go outside to try it?”

Hestia hesitated before agreeing. Soon they moved outside and Moby kneeled on the floor facing the church.

‘Concrete, glass, stone sand I can do this,’ his hands glowed. The ground shook and moulded it spread to the walls of the church destroying and rebuilding them.

“Wahhaaaa!” Bell stepped back, seeing the outside of the church being rebuilt.

Hestia’s mouth was wide open seeing the instant renovation. The church no longer looked dirty but clean, like a newly built church.

“Ha... ha... awesome,” Moby breathed heavily and fell to the floor. Bell moved to grab him and Hestia a second later.

They brought him inside the walls reflecting the exterior, but the floor and everything else remained the same.

‘What is the?’ Hestia thought looking at his face, Bell, “Goddess, the wall feels brand new and more their stronger than before, Do you think he can change the floor and ceiling too?”

Bell was ecstatic about Moby’s power. Hestia, on the other hand, was watching him with clear intent. ‘He’s not fully human, and he has alchemy and development skills.’ she glanced at his sleeping figure, which stirred and woke up.

“Uh damn my head,” Moby clutched it, remembering what he’d done. He glanced at the wall surprised it worked.

“Moby, do you think you can fix the Church with your magic?” Bell asked, his eyes shining with hope for a new home.

“Maybe, but we should focus on getting stronger before anything else is done.”

Hestia nodded, “that’s definitely your major priority, and we can focus on the church later.”

Moby agreed, still though he wanted to fix up the place, “do you guys have any useless weapons around?”

“We have some broken swords. I can bring them.”

He nodded, getting the boy to dash and come back, excited to see what he would have next. Moby placed his spear down next to the broken swords.

-Clap!

“Alchemy!” He slapped the ground as lightning trailed from his hands circling the glaive and materials.

It covered everything in white light. Soon stood a new glaive embedded into the ground, a ‘glaive of warning,’ it was something he remembered from DND he poured all the materials making a full steel glaive.

Bell’s mouth dropped as he watched Moby walk and pull it out of the ground.

“Heh, I think I’m getting the hang of this. It’s a little heavy, though.”

‘If I was given the choice in a skill, then this is great, I can easily create everything and bonus it isn’t magic so it doesn’t drain my mind,’ he smiled looking at his upgraded weapon before turning to the duo, “let’s celebrate!”

“Yeah!”

“B-Bell, we don’t have enough Valis. I’m sorry Moby, we-“

“Oh, please It’s on me, and besides,” he brought out a sack of gold, “we’re a familia now, so we share everything.”

Bell’s eyes were about to tear up but were beaten by Hestia as she hugged Moby, sniffling, “M-Moby, hick, you’re a blessing!”

Bell followed this joining the hug. “uh man,” Moby rolled his eyes before patting the goddess and Bell he didn’t hate the hug.

“I’m feeling better now. Mind if I refurbish the place? Also, what do we have to sleep in?” He asked at the separation from the hug.

Before Hestia could say anything, “you can sleep with goddess Hestia, and I’ll take the couch,” crushing her thoughts.

“B-but Bell, we’ve been always, ah,” she couldn’t find the right words against his bright smile and puppy dog eyes.

All the while, they felt the ground beneath them shift slightly. Turning to Moby, his hands connected to the floor and sparks spread throughout the church, rebuilding the floor and making it spotless and smooth.

‘I feel slightly less drained than before, hm, maybe the materials used to make the walls weren’t what I thought? Could be...’ he got up, wiping his hands.

“So! Coool!” Bell blasted him with admiration and Hestia too, “by tomorrow we can make this place look brand new and spotless!”

“We?” he questioned her, who froze before chuckling, “yeah if I can get some spare materials.”

He smiled, looking at his hands, his gloves. ‘I wonder...’ his lips curled, remembering a special alchemy circle from the show’s greatest character Mustang.

30