22-Consenquences
393 0 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Hestia Church]

Today was the day of the denatus. Hestia left the promise of cool names, which could be possible considering the partnership between her and Loki. Then again, who knows?

Currently, Moby was in Verde’s room. He sat on the floor resting on the Jack bird. The monster bird had finally become docile and friendly to a good degree, but there were times it warned to challenge him and hunt him down.

But Verde was smart enough to tell because of the bandages wrapped around Moby that it was not best, which is why they sat next to one another.

Brushing his feathers, Moby looked at his status sheet. ‘I don’t have a unique skill, so why am I growing so fast? Then again, it came down to the situation.’

“Hang on “Torrent” increases my abilities by 50% if that applies to my previous stats then using it I’d reach like 1500 status if that stacks power level then reaching level 4 with a safe estimate If I work hard enough would grant me 4000 status and with “Torrent” activated that would be 6000 equal to a level 6 adventurer." He shivered slightly at the potential of his magic if he reached level 6 then he might kill Ottar.

“What do you think, V? With my natural growth, do you think I can get my revenge in a year?” He said, showing his sheet to him. The proud bird raised its brow.

-Knock, -Knock

“Come in.” He said.

The door opened and Bell walked in with a smile, “Hi Moby, Lilly told me you wanted to see me today. Is there a problem?”

Bell looked at his bright face and frowned, only for a moment before he let out an enormous sigh, “yes Bell, there is a problem. I’m not okay.”

“What are you hurt!? I’ll go get Lilly,” he turned to run, but the door closed with alchemy.

“Bell, my problem is with you. Look at me Bell and tell me what.” he wanted to berate him relentlessly but wanted to see if he was aware of his problems.

“I don’t get it. Besides your bandages, you seem fine?”

“Mother- no Bell look at me you know what happened I was beaten crushed skewered I was going to die Bell all of this because of you, look at me again do you think this is something someone has to go through, I felt two swords pierce right through me, I killed people that is something I’m getting over with but It doesn’t change the nightmares I got the last two days.”

“…”

“Do you realise where I’m going with this you didn’t listen to me you wanted to play hero, and you almost got me killed it was a trap and you never saw it coming I warned you not to go and now I bear the consequence.”

“But Lilly-“The moment his words left, Moby kicked off water burst from the ground beneath him, covering him as he blitzed Bell, his fist meeting his face.

-BAM!

He felt something crack under his fist, but he didn’t care. Bell went slamming into the wall, his nose bleeding, face bruised and a tooth missing from his mouth.

“Finish that sentence, I dare you. She came to help you because if she stayed with me, she would’ve died for certain. We are a team and you left us behind to play hero and I paid the price for your fucking hubris.”

“While you stand there and think of a retort none of which you have because in your battle you were supported and made it out alive while I was barely breathing from what I heard, heroes don’t just dive in head first think Bell think, heroes, are better. Sure, you levelled up and got stronger, but what about next time if the same thing happens? Will you run knowing I came out alive once? What if when I sent Lilly she died? How would you deal with that?”

“I-I don’t know…” he hung his head down.

“I don’t care if you feel bad because that’s the point of this the fact you didn’t just make me mad, honestly, you can leave now hopefully you learn and come out better in this, Oof,” Moby groaned getting up with the help of Verde pushing him up.

He had no problem walking instead, just when he was sitting down or getting up. “I’m going to the guild. You can take the rest of the day to yourself.”

He said and left the room, leaving him behind. He made it up to the lounge and saw Lilly on the couch with a book.

“So how was it?” She said, not taking her eyes off her book.

“As expected, he’s a child who doesn’t know what he did wrong,” Moby said, putting on a red coat, “and my chest still hurts when I try to breathe too much. Have anything to say?”

“Why? I’m not disagreeing with you at all you have a point and I could’ve been put in a trap as well I just want to get over this as soon as possible,” she said taking her eyes off the book, “be careful out there okay?”

He nodded and left with a grin.

[Orario guild]

Rose.Exe has stopped working.

“Rose, did you hear me?” Moby said, nudging the wolf girl. She was in a daze, having heard what happened to him and seeing his status sheet.

“I-I can’t believe this,” she looked at the sheet and then back at him at a loss for words. As he chuckled, she caught the sight of bandages wrapped around him.

“Take off your coat and shirt.” She ordered.

“Huh, I’d rather not in public,” he chuckled but with her serious demeanour he sighed, his weakness kicked in, slowly h2 removed everything and her face paled, it wasn’t the first time she had seen someone badly wounded but the bandages were partly soaked with blood.

“I just changed out of these before I got out.”

“How, how did this happen?”

“... I’d rather not say in public,” he motioned to some adventurers looking at him, so he put on his shirt and coat.

“No...” she muttered.

“I’m not going through this again. I’m not being your advisor anymore.” She had a defeated look in her eyes and got up and walked away into the building. He couldn’t follow her since he wasn’t staff.

“What the hell?” He stood there, puzzled.

Right after Eina walked other, “Moby? What happened?” She asked. She just walked out the door and saw Rose rushing past her.

“I hope you can tell me because I don’t know,” he chuckled and went over what had just happened.

“I see well the good thing is I know what her reason is the bad news is you might want another advisor, you see she’s had a tough history relating to adventurers the reason being experiencing the deaths of many of her assigned adventurers, I can assume she wanted to cut her connection with you to not suffer another loss at her hands.”

‘Wow, she must’ve thought she was cursed if most of the adventurers she’s advised to have died, but this wasn’t by her hands... I’d rather not have another person besides her advising me,’ he hummed in thought.

“Alright, do you think you can get me to talk to her?” He asked the elf.

“I’m not sure, but I could bring you with me, though it’s not advised.”

Elsewhere in an isolated room was Rose herself. She wasn’t crying but dreading accepting Moby as her advisor.

“Have I been cursed? Is there something that brings an adventurer I meet to their doom?” She hung her head down.

“There you are,” Eina said, walking through the door. Moby entered behind her. “I’ll take my leave then,” she patted him on the shoulder and left.

“So Eina told me about your record with adventurers you’ve advised.”

“If you’re here to say you want me to continue advising you, then you're a fool.”

“Then a fool I am but not entirely I think you’re stupid blaming yourself for what happened to me, you care which is fine but blaming yourself for what happened to me makes no sense I know what I become an adventurer and as much as I hate it its something all adventures accept.”

“Then how did you get those wounds?” she asked.

“It’s a bit of a story, but to cut it short, level attacked two adventurers and came out alive. They were targeting me, so it was bound to happen. Eventually, you had nothing to do about it.”

“I see. That explains your rapid growth.”

“Exactly, and you had nothing to do about it, so could you stop frowning? It’s cute, but you’re being an idiot.”

“Am I!? Look at you. I don’t even know how you are alive, just like every other adventurer you’ll wind up dead eventually,” she lashed out for the first time.

This surprised Moby, but did nothing more. “like all the others, saying this and that they love me, they’ll come back and always die. Almost everyone dies.”

‘Oh my god is this a romance thing? Alright then,’ he mentally rolled his eyes.

“Okay then, I guess I should leave,” he said with the most serious look he could put on.

“It’s best.”

“Ah, right I can’t,” he said, turning back, “because I like you.”

“W-what?”

“Oh well, I guess I’m cursed to die a gruesome death. Good thing I’ll be with you till then,” he grinned.

“What is wrong with-“

“Oh, I remember you said they said they proclaimed their love and died soon after? Well, then I guess I should say it too. I love... that I like you.”

“Stop this! What is wrong with you!?”

“Many things I’m contradictory, slightly paranoid because of a goddess, murderous pretty sure I wanted to kill Bell at one point, I killed people for my survival and honestly I’m feeling better coming to terms with it also I’m getting my adventurer name selected I’m not nervous but I want nothing weird you know?”

“But I’m trying to push the point that I like you and that you had no relation to what happens to me in the dungeon, I’ll get bruised, scarred, bashed and stabbed but that’s the life I can’t change that, I’m not strong enough not yet. I hope you can still be my advisor. Truthfully, I prefer you a lot over Eina.”

She stood there trying to process everything and seeing this; he exhaled and turned to leave. “I’ll let process that. I’ll come back tomorrow for some advice on the further floors, so see ya.”

With that, he left the guild. “god damn, is today going to be like this? I wonder what Ryuu’s up to now?” He muttered while heading to the hostess of fertility. Along the way, he remembered a crucial detail he forgot.

“Wait, I held Ryuu’s hand, or rather she let me hold her hand... “with that he picked up the pace to the hostess. ‘I still have to repay her. Would she say yes to a date?’

14