Chapter 23 (volume 1)
2k 5 65
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"You damn insect, I'm going to tear you apart!!!"

The Herrscher of Corruption said while she was trapped in the chains of the Oath of Judah that were fixed on the ground. The chains arrested and immobilized her body.

"Haah ... haah..." Kallen was gasping tired.

Even though Kallen managed to avoid the claw attacks that were covered by that bloody aura, she was unable to completely avoid the burns caused by the aura of flames from Herrscher's fox body of Corruption. 

Kallen had some minor burns on her arms and legs but that would not stop her from fighting and her clothes were a little torn and burned. 

Although the Herrscher of Corruption was momentarily immobilized, it did not affect her much, as she was able to quickly regenerate the injuries caused by Kallen. 

*CRACK * * CRACK * * CRACK*

At that moment both Kallen and Herrscher of Corruption looked at the direction of the sound. Kallen had a look of concern and Herrscher had a demonic smile on her face. 

The Herrscher of Corruption wasted no time and dematerialized her fox body and turned into a black fog, thus managing to escape the chains. 

"Hahahaha!!! See you outside, you worms!!! Don't worry, because soon I will take care of you. I will make sure to make them feel the real despair still alive!" The Herrscher of Corruption laughed. She advanced at full speed towards the cracks, she knew that once she managed to escape she would be unstoppable outside. That's why she was so arrogant. 

"SPERA..!!!" Kallen tried to take a step towards Herrscher from Corruption but she was stopped. She felt that someone was holding her hand, when she turned to see who was holding her hand she was surprised. 

"Sakura? What are you doing? You need to let me go now, I have to stop Herrscher or else she..." Kallen tried to speak but was interrupted by Yae Sakura. 

"Kallen ... in the current situation we have no choice but to believe in Ryusuke." Yae Sakura said with an impotent and concerned expression.

"What?" But before Kallen had time to ask Yae Sakura what she meant by that, Yae Sakura pulled her as far away from the Herrscher of Corruption as possible. 

While Yae Sakura was taking Kallen, the Herrscher of Corruption was advancing at full speed towards the cracks that opened in the black cube. 

"Finally, I will finally be free.  Finally, I will be able to torture human scum. Finally I will be able ... "Herrscher of Corruption was euphoric, after tens of thousands of years imprisoned in this black cube, the exit outside is before his eyes. She would finally be able to escape outside. 

Due to all this excitement, Herrscher did not pay much attention to its surroundings. For suddenly Ryusuke appeared in front of her.

Overthrowing Herrscher's joy and excitement of Corruption has been replaced by fear and despair. For she was before her natural predator.

The reason Herrscher of Corruption didn't notice Ryusuke was because he used his Herrscher of Binding powers to hide Honkai energy inside his body and also to distort the light around it so that it can be invisible, after all the light is also a type of energy, although he was not completely invisible it was still possible for him to hide enough for Herrscher not to notice. And Ryusuke also knew where the cracks were going to open first, so he managed to get there in advance without the Herrscher of Corruption noticing.

It was very lucky that Herrscher of Corruption did not notice Ryusuke's presence as he approached the cracks. 

Before the Herrscher of Corruption could change direction and move as far away from Ryusuke as possible she felt a strong suction that was pulling her towards Ryusuke. For a moment she tried to resist but suction was too strong for her.

'This boy is not trying to kill me, is she trying to absorb me? Hmph, so is he trying to absorb me to try to steal my powers? Hehe, what a foolish boy ... 'Herrscher of Corruption thought when he understood Ryusuke's "alleged" intentions. 

"Hahaha, since you want to become my vessel so much, I will fulfill your wish." The Herrscher of Corruption said as it advanced at full speed for Ryusuke. 

The reason Ryusuke tries to absorb Herrscher from Corruption instead of erasing it is because he doesn't want to risk her running away. If Ryusuke uses the power of Herrscher of Binding to try to erase it then there would be a possibility that she would try to divide a pater from her body to prevent its total annihilation and also appear several cracks which would give her a better opportunity to escape. 

That's why Ryusuke chose the option of absorbing her, as there will be less chance of her being able to escape. He knows that putting her inside his body is very dangerous and risky, as if she were to use an ability like cell disintegration on him it would be very problematic.

'I just hope she doesn't use the power of corruption early on, it will be convenient if she spends some time trying to steal my body, after all as long as you have enough willpower you can resist control of the Herrscher and Honkai and several characters in the game have proved it like Welt Yang and Kiana Kaslana. If I am given enough time I can even steal control of Herrscher's powers of Corruption and manage to arrest her inside me. I just hope that my healthy body, my willpower and my luck will be enough to overcome this adversity.' Ryusuke thought as he saw that Herrscher was getting closer and closer. 

The next instant Herrscher of Corruption reached Ryusuke and entered his body. 

*********

( Author's note: sorry for the chapter, this week I was very busy. I had to move to another house, so I was very busy tidying up the furniture in place. )

65