Training Camp 1
631 2 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Good luck on your camp and be careful. Call me or text me twice a day. Did you pack everything? Wait, never mind you can just make it." said Tobias' mom as she was nitpicking his appearance before he left.

"Mom, I'm going to be late."

"Okay, okay. Be careful, love you." she said giving him a kiss on the cheek.

"Love you too. Later, dad. Bye Ralts, Abra." he said before walking out.

"Later, champ. Be safe."

"Ralts."

"Abra."

Leaving his house, Tobias could see that Kyoka was already waiting for him.

~

Instead of going to their classroom, they were told to meet up where the bus was at.

"Oh, not too late." said Tobias as they could see that their entire class wasn't there yet.

"Kyoka-chan, Tobias, where's your luggage?" asked Mina as she walked over to the pair.

"Tobias has it in a card of his." said Kyoka.

"Eh? So convenient."

Right at that moment, the Class B students started showing up while the rest of the Class A students started trickling in.

"What? Some Class A kids are getting extra lessons? That means some of you failed! Huh? How weird is that?! Everyone knows Class A is totally superior to Class B, but now this?! Wow!" said Monoma from Class B before being karate chopped by a girl from Class B.

"Sorry." she said dragging him away.

"Class President, tell your classmates to load up." said Aizawa-sensei before getting on the bus.

"Class A, load up on the bus!" shouted Tobias before standing in front of Class A's bus.

After everyone was loaded up and accounted for, as well as all the luggage stowed away, the two buses took off.

"We'll be stopping in an hour. After that, we'll..." said Aizawa-sensei before turning to see that his students were all having fun and not paying attention.

~

"Break time." said Aizawa-sensei as the bus came to a stop and the students shuffled out.

"What kind of rest stop is this?" said Tobias as he looked around to see nothing but forest in front of them.

"Where's Class B?" asked Kyoka.

"Of course, we stopped here for a reason." said Aizawa-sensei.

"Heya, Eraser!" said a newcomer.

"Sorry, haven't seen you in a while." he responded.

"Rock on with these sparkling gazes!"

"Stingingly cute and catlike!"

"We're The Wild, Wild, Pussycats!" said the two catlike heroes as they struggled to hold a pose while a kid stood next to them with a mad face.

"These are the pro heroes who'll be helping us out this time- the Pussycats." explained Aizawa.

"They're the four-member team that specializes in mountain rescue operations! They've been in business for 12 years now!" said Midoriya before one of the heroes rushed up and grabbed his face.

"We're 18 at heart!" she said.

"This whole area is our territory. Your lodging is at the foot of that mountain over there." said the other hero, pointing at a place way out into the distance.

"Seems like we're going to do some exercise." said Tobias.

"What do you mean?" asked Mina.

"It's now 9:30 A.M. I'm thinking around noon, at the earliest." said the hero with a bob cut.

"Aw, crud. No way. Run!" said Eijiro.

"Kitties who don't make it there by 12:30 won't get any lunch." said the blonde one as she slammed her hands on the ground and it started shifting taking the whole class with it as it threw them into the forest.

"This is our private territory, so feel free to use your quirks! You've got three hours to reach the facility on foot! Make it through the Beast's Forest!" said the bob-cut one.

"Fun." said Tobias as he landed on his feet on the forest floor.

"The beast's forest?" asked Midoriya as a creature came out of the forest in front of them.

"An actual beast?!" shouted Denki and Sero.

"Calm yourself, creature. Please, back down." said Koda as he used his quirk that didn't work as the creature now barreled towards him.

"It's not real. It's made out of dirt." said Tobias rushing forward as he activated a card, turning his right arm gigantic as he punched it while Bakugo, Ida, Kyoka, Midoriya, and Todoroki all moved at the same time, taking it down with ease.

"I hit it first, that's one point to me." said Tobias.

"What are you talking about?" asked Kyoka.

"Well, I was thinking, we have to make it to the lodge right? And there are these monsters everywhere in the forest, so why not keep count of who takes down the most while also racing to the end?" said Tobias with a smile.

"Tch, I'm in. I'll blow those shits away and get there before you." said Bakugo.

"Me too." said Todoroki.

"Guys, I don't think we're supposed to race each other." said Midoriya.

"Shut up, Deku."

"They only said we had to make it to the lodge. They didn't mention anything else." said Tobias.

"But don't you think that's a little irresponsible? We're here as a class so staying as a group and moving forward as a group is probably the point of this exercise." said Ida.

"Whoever gets to the end first, gets extra food!" said the blonde hero from where we were standing earlier.

"You heard her. It's all fair game." said Tobias before he turned into a small blue frog with a white frilly collar around him, also known as a Froakie.

"See you at the finish line." he said before jumping up into the trees and quickly traversing the forest.

"Oi!" said Bakugo as he used his quirk to jettison into the forest while Todoroki created ice in front of him.

"I don't want to lose either." said Midoriya as he also began to run while Ida did the same.

"Sigh." said Kyoka as she and the rest of the class dove into the forest.

As Tobias traversed the forest, when he would spot a beast, he would jump to it and use Pound to break it apart before continuing on. Unfortunately, he couldn't keep up the Froakie transformation for long without dipping into his stamina so he had to cancel it, but made do by summoning his hoverboard.

The difficulty in traversing the forest was higher than when he was Froakie but it was much easier than running.

~

"Phew, barely made it on time." said Tobias as he made his way out of the forest.

"Oh, good job kid. I didn't think anyone would make it in time. Everyone else is still far behind." said the blonde hero.

"I'm sure they'll be here soon enough. Competition is always a good way to make someone work harder." said Tobias.

"Oh, you did it on purpose?"

"It's obvious we're experiencing chaotic times and I'm sure they're only bound to get worse. I have confidence in myself, and I know my classmates can hold their own given the chance. But, if they can get better faster, that's good. I don't want to see one of my classmates captured or worse, dead."

"I'm marking you as mine." she said before spitting on him.

"Ah, I'm taken!" he said as he backed off.

"Tch. Too bad. Anyway, eat up." she said pointing to a table with food.

~

"They're finally here." said Pixie-Bob, four hours after Tobias had gotten there.

The entire class looked tired and worn out, with scratches all over their bodies.

"You said it would take three hours." said Sero.

"Sorry. That's how quick we would've made it." said Mandalay.

"Where's Tobias?" asked Midoriya, noticing he wasn't with them.

"Hmm, oh. He's over there sleeping." said Mandalay as the class turned to see Tobias sound asleep while Kyoka went up to poke him, unsuccessfully as he woke up right before the attack hit and dodged.

"Oh, you guys are here. Finally, I thought I would ruin my sleep schedule." he said while stretching, much to the ire of the rest of his class.

"Anyway, we thought it would take you much longer. And you dealt with earth beasts pretty easily too. Not bad, especially you five. I'm guessing your past experiences allowed you to act without hesitation. Gonna have fun three years from now! I'm marking them as mine!" said Pixie-Bob before spitting on Bakugo, Ida, Midoriya, and Todoroki.

"Hey, Mandalay. I didn't know she was like that." said Aizawa-sensei.

"She's worried about being a spinster forever." said Mandalay.

"A spinster? She's that old?" said Tobias before being grabbed by Pixie-Bob.

"Who's old?! Not me!"

"I've been wondering. Who's the kid?" asked Tobias noticing the kid from the rest stop was there again.

"Oh, he's my nephew. Kota! Come over and say hello. You'll be spending a week with these guys after all." said Mandalay as Kota came over to Tobias.

"Cool hat kid. I'm Tobias." said Tobias before the kid threw a punch at his balls which he managed to block with his hand.

"Hey, kid, watch the jewels." said Tobias before the kid walked off.

"Hey, nephew! Why'd you try to punch him in the junk?!" said Mandalay.

"I can't abide jerks who wanna be heroes." he said before continuing to walk off.

"Big word for a kid." said Tobias.

"You okay?" asked Kyoka.

"Yeah, managed to block it. A kid won't get the drop on me."

"Cute kid." said Bakugo.

"You two are a lot alike." said Todoroki.

"Buzz off."

"Enough of this sideshow. Go get your luggage from the bus. Drop your things off in your rooms, then come to dinner in the mess hall. After that, you'll bathe. Then it's bedtime. The real training starts tomorrow. Now hurry up." said Aizawa-sensei.

"Ooh thank god. I'm starving." said Tobia as everyone stared at him again.

~

"What a feast." said Tobias as he put some fish, meat, and veggies on his plate.

"Delicious! This rice is amazing!" said Eijiro as he ferociously ate the rice with tears in his eyes.

"The flavor's seeping into every part of me! Each grain's just as good as Lunch Rush's! Wish I could munch on this stuff forever!" said Denki, similarly with tears in his eyes.

'I wonder what would happen if I gave the two of them some food from Food Wars. Tempting.' thought Tobias as he saw the two of them devour their food.

"You boys sure get weirdly excited when you're hungry." said Pixie-Bob.

"Don't expect this pampering to continue. It's for today only. So eat your fill now. Ah, Kota. Can you haul those veggies for me?" said Mandalay.

"Was the food this good when you ate earlier?" asked Kyoka to Tobias.

"Similar."

"By the way, what is that?" asked Kyoka pointing at a bracelet on Tobias's left hand.

"A secret." he said with a smile.

"Oh, I think Noibat's hungry. Should we let them out?" asked Kyoka.

"Noibat? What's that?" asked Mina.

"Ah, n-nothing." said Kyoka.

"Spill it." said Mina, eyes shining at the potential secret.

"Let me ask Aizawa-sensei real quick." said Tobias as he went to where Aizawa-sensei was sitting.

"Sensei, I have a question."

"What is it?"

"Well, you know my quirk can do a lot."

"Mm."

"And well, recently I had an idea to make something from a certain pre-quirk era game, and I did. So I was wondering if I could take them out?"

"What is it exactly?"

"Pokemon."

"That game with creatures that evolve and can learn different moves?"

"Oh, you know about it, sensei? Yeah, that one."

"And what do you mean by taking them out?"

"Well, over the years, I've managed to figure out that I can make a card permanent but it takes much more stamina than normal. By making it permanent, I can reuse it over and over, without having to create the card again. In the case of a card that summons a creature, the creature would exist on its own and can hide in the card." explained Tobias, causing Aizawa-sensei to just stare at him blankly.

"So, you're telling me that you have a pokemon."

"Kyoka too, I gave her one."

"Two pokemon that are now real, and you want to take them out?"

"Yeah."

"Sigh, go ahead. But any mess it makes you're cleaning up after it. And expect a lot of questions from the principal when we're done here."

"Okay. Thanks, sensei. Expect a gift." he said giving him a thumbs up.

"No." he replied before going back to eating his food while Tobias walked back to his table.

"So?" asked Kyoka.

"He gave us the go-ahead, but said we would be in charge of any mess they make."

"Spill." said Mina, with intense eyes.

"It's something I did with my quirk." said Tobias before summoning Dratini onto his lap.

"Dratini." he said looking around before seeing Mina's shining eyes and hiding its head in Tobias' lap.

"Oh my god! It's so cute! Can I touch it?!" asked Mina as everyone turned to their table to see what the commotion was all about.

"He's a little shy." said Tobias as he stroked the Dratini.

"Noibat." said Kyoka as her Noibat appeared on her lap as well.

"Oh my god! Can I pet it?" said Toru as Kyoka said yes and Noibat flew up to the table, eating some of the food while Toru and the girls pet Noibat.

"Are those Pokemon?" asked Midoriya after seeing the two of them.

"Oh, you know that game too, Midoriya? Yeah, they are pokemon."

"What's a pokemon?" asked Todoroki.

"It's a game from the pre-quirk era set in a world where creatures called pokemon exist and they can get stronger as they fight before evolving. They can also learn really strong moves. Is that what you turned into earlier?" explained Midoriya.

"Yup. That was also a pokemon, but in that case, I just turned into one. But these two are living and breathing creatures." he said as he continued to stroke the Dratini, who now felt comfortable enough to look up from his lap.

"You created them? With your quirk?" asked Momo.

"Yup, but don't worry it's not as crazy as it sounds. I pretty much pass out and am exhausted for the next few days when I do something like this."

"That's still not that crazy for what you can do." said Momo, who seemed a little jealous her creation quirk wasn't as broken as his.

"It's all because of his hard work. He's been training his quirk since the day he awakened it. And I mean training until he drops. Every single day." said Kyoka, trying to take away some ire from him.

"Whoa." said everyone after hearing what Kyoka said.

"What's with the serious atmosphere over here?" said Pixie-Bob as she walked over before dropping her tray.

"Oh my god! Look at that cutie!" she said as she grabbed up the Dratini.

"Dratini!" he said before letting out a weak Thunder Wave that caused Pixie-Bob's hair to puff up in an afro.

"Hahaha!" laughed Mandalay seeing Pixie-Bob.

"Sorry, Pixie-Bob, he's a little shy." said Tobias as Dratini wriggled out of her hand and back into his lap.

"Hmm, just wanted to hug it a little, that's all." she said fixing her hair.

"Alright, bath time everyone." said Aizawa-sensei as everyone went to the locker rooms, boys on one side, girls on the other.

"Holy, Kyoka wasn't lying about you training every day was she?" said Sero seeing Tobias shirtless for the first time.

"Nope, been training like that every day, minus some rest days."

"Why?" asked Midoriya as the boys made their way to the hot springs, towels on.

"I knew I wanted to be a hero since I was young and my quirk takes stamina to use, so I decided to train as if my life depended on it. Now I'm glad I did."

"No wonder you're so strong." said Sato.

"Well, that and I prepare all my cards beforehand. If I didn't prepare I think I would have lost against Bakugo in the Sports Festival."

"Tch."

Washing up before entering the hot spring, Tobias also washed Dratini who was anxious to get into the hot spring.

"Hold on a sec, bud. There we go." said Tobias finishing up before Dratini rushed towards the hot spring, diving in headfirst, swimming like a fish in water.

"Is it okay for it to be in there?" asked Denki.

"Dratini's live in deep water so it's fine." said Tobias as he entered the hot spring, "Oh yeah. That feels good."

"Imagine it guys, over that wall, is paradise." said Denki as he looked at the wall.

"Don't even think about it." said Ida.

"Come on, none of you are even curious?"

"No." said everyone.

"Not even you?" said Denki looking at Tobias.

"I have a girlfriend, I don't need to be curious." he replied with eyes closed while Denki looked like he had been hit by an arrow.

"How long have you been dating Jiro-san?" asked Midoriya.

"It'll be 3 years soon. Time sure does fly by." he said reminiscing.

"Ah, I want a girlfriend too." said Denki.

"You can't force it. It'll happen if it's meant to."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AN

The next chapter is where the quirk training begins, so I wanted to ask for some thoughts. Training his quirk is kinda hard because it's very unique so I'm thinking of making his training be similar to Momo's where she's constantly forced to make something while eating. But for him it would be constantly making cards while trying to use the smallest amount of stamina possible to reduce his overall stamina consumption or doing body training with the power-up types but with weights like the ones the teachers used during the final exam.

22