Training Camp 2
582 2 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Up and at 'em!" shouted Tobias, waking up the boys.

"Ah, what time is it?" said Denki.

"5:15, you have 15 minutes before we have to be outside. So, come on. I need to go wake up the girls too. Dratini, use Screech if they don't wake up." said Tobias, leaving Dratini at the door.

"Dratini." he said posted up at the door like a guard.

~

"Morning, kids. Glad to see you're all awake courtesy of your Class President. Today, the real training camp begins. Ideally, you will all emerge stronger. Strong enough to acquire your Provisional Licenses. More specifically, there's a growing hostile force out there. Through this, you'll be prepared to face it so stay sharp and work hard. To start, here, Bakugo. Try throwing this." said Aizawa-sensei tossing a ball to Bakugo.

"This is from the strength trials." said Bakugo looking at the ball.

"Last time, right after school started, your record was 705.2 meters. How much have you grown since then?"

"Testing to see if we've improved." said Momo.

"We've been through a lot these past three months. I bet he can make it a whole kilometer!" said Sero.

"Here we freaking go. Go to hell!" he shouted as he threw the ball with his quirk.

BEEP BEEP

"709.6 meters." said Aizawa-sense showing them the results.

"Huh? Not much farther than before." said Eijiro.

"Yes. You have been through a lot these past three months. Undoubtedly, you've all grown. But, it's only your techniques and minds that have matured. Well, and your bodies a bit. But as you've all just seen, your quirks haven't kept up with the pace. Starting today, you'll improve your quirks. This'll be so harsh that you'll wish you were dead, so do your best to stay alive." he said with that weird smile of his.

~

"Smash past your limits!" said Vlad King, the Class B homeroom teacher as he brought the Class B students to train their quirk with Class A, who had already been doing so for a while.

"Operative types with maximum output levels need to raise their limits. Heteromorphic and composite types need to further train those extra parts and appendages. Normally, you'd be doing all this at the same rate that your bodies grow." explained Vlad King.

"But there's no time for all that. Get to it, Class B."

"But there's forty of us altogether, how can just the six of you oversee all of us and our quirks?" asked one of the Class B students.

"That's why we have these ladies." said Aizawa-sensei.

"That's right. We're four parts of a whole! Rock on with these sparkling gazes! We've come to lend a paw and help! We've come from somewhere strikingly cute and catlike! Wild, Wild, Pussycats!" they said as they posed.

"My quirk is Search! I know everything about anyone I lay eyes on, up to 100 people at a time! Including location and weaknesses!" said Ragdoll.

"With my Earthflow, I can create the perfect training environment for each of you!" said Pixie-Bob.

"And I use my Telepath, to give advice to each of you, all at once." said Mandalay.

"And I'm here to punch and kick you into shape." said Tiger, the only man in the group.

While that was being explained to Class B, Tobias, who was considered an Operative/Emitter-type, was creating stamina cards, using them to restore his stamina, before creating another one over and over again. Aizawa-sensei said that his versatility and knowledge with his quirk were high enough as it is for the moment, but he had to further bring down the stamina cost.

He said that instead of increasing the amount of stamina that Tobias had to work with, he should try to work on the amount of stamina expended. Precision over depth. Though to be fair, Tobias had been doing that over the years, but not as much as increasing his total stamina.

Kyoka, on the other hand, was a Heteromorphic/Mutant-type so she was training her jack strength and the output of her sound, which she had been doing for a while now thanks to Tobias' recommendations. When Aizawa-sensei found out that Tobias had already told some of his classmates how to train their quirk, he was impressed by his insight. Luckily, continuing to do the same quirk training doesn't lose efficacy, you just have to go up a notch.

~

A few hours later, the students were now done with their training and were ready to eat.

"Like we said, the pampering ended yesterday!" said Pixie-Bob as she and Ragdoll stood in front of two tables piled high with ingredients.

"Wanna eat? Then you gotta cook for yourselves! Today is curry!" said Ragdoll.

"Yes, ma'am." said some of the students, worn out after such intense training.

"Bwahahaha! You all look worse for wear! That's why this is no mere kitty chow you'll be making!" said Ragdoll while laughing.

"Of course. In times of disaster and evacuation, someone needs to fill the bellies and soothe the souls of fatigued citizens. That too is part of a rescue operation. Naturally, U.A. never misses a teaching opportunity! So let's make the tastiest curry in the world, everyone!" said Ida.

"Hey, can't you just make food with your cards?" said Kyoka.

"Yes, but I want to try something else out." he said before he shone with some light.

"What'd you do?" asked Kyoka confused.

"I call it Character Equip. I choose someone to equip and I get their skills for the duration of the card."

"Whoa. And who'd you choose?"

"A super chef." he said.

Tobias had the idea for this card after creating Monster Equip, but not surprisingly, it also takes up a big amount of stamina when the Character is strong. And considering he already has Monster Equip, he mostly uses CE for things like equipping Joichiro from Food Wars. Not that he doesn't have some interesting CE in store for the future.

Having equipped Joichiro, Tobias felt like he could cook a dish that would make someone explode in ecstasy. But considering he didn't want that to happen to his classmates, he would turn it down a notch, but that would still be good enough to rival the likes of Lunch Rush.

Noting down the ingredient for curry in his mind, he got to work. First, he lit the fire using his cards while asking Kyoka to bring him the ingredients that he would need. Cleaning his workspace, he used his cards to create a set of chef knives before inspecting each one. After that, he chose the best of the ingredients that Kyoka brought him before preparing each one.

While he was doing this, the entire class was looking at him with jaws dropped.

"J-jiro-san, does Tobias know how to cook?" asked Midoriya.

"No. He used one of his cards."

"His quirk? To do what?" asked Mina.

"It's best if he chooses to tell you." she said.

"Is he making enough for the whole class?" asked Toru.

"Yes, I am. Don't worry boys and girls. Just sit back and relax." he said flashing a million-dollar smile that seemed to sparkle.

After a few minutes had passed, Tobias was finally done with his cooking. And the smell that was coming from the pot of curry had everyone drooling. Even the teachers. Even Aizawa-sensei.

"Alright, everyone, food's ready. Line up." he said as everyone rushed to line up and wait for their serving.

"Tch, a good chef too. I'm so jealous." said Pixie-Bob.

"Calm down, you spinster. Let's get some food too." said Mandalay as the Pussycats lined up.

"Oh my god!" yelled Mina who had been the first in line, as she took a bite.

"It's so good!" said Denki, as a cascade of tears ran down his face.

"Come on, come on. I want a taste too." said Pixie-Bob hurrying up the students before it was their turn.

"Here you go." said Tobias with a sparkling smile that caused Pixie-Bob to freeze up.

"Move, Pixie." said Mandalay from behind her.

"S-sorry."

'Oops, I forgot how much charm Joichiro had, should turn off the card now.' thought Tobias as he undid the effect of the card.

After serving everyone, he noticed that they had lined up for seconds. Luckily he had expected something like that to happen, so he made enough for everyone to get thirds.

"E-excuse me. We smelled the food from over there and we were wondering if we could have some?" said one of the Class B students.

"Of course. The more, the merrier." said Tobias as the students lined up.

~

"That was good, Tobias. Good job." said Aizawa-sensei.

"Thank you, sensei."

"Yeah, good job, Tobias." said a bunch of other students.

"Alright, it's time for bed. Except for those who failed, lessons continue on." said Aizawa-sensei as the ones who failed groaned.

~

The third day of the training camp began much like the second with Tobias waking up both the boys and the girls before they began their quirk training. The five who had remedial classes looked like they were about to drop dead because they had to go to sleep later than everyone else, which meant getting less sleep.

"I told you this would be rough. You all have to make up for your piss-poor performances during the final exam! Think about that when the others are doing fine and you lot are dead on your feet. Uraraka! Aoyama! You guys, too. YOu didn't quite manage to fail, but it was a close call. Always be conscious of who you are. That's the key to improvement. That's why you're out there sweating. Why I'm riding you so hard. Keep it in mind, always." said Aizawa-sensei, turning his back towards the end with the sun casting a shadow over him.

"So manly." said Eijiro and Denki.

"By the way, Aizawa-sensei, this is the third day but is All Might, are the other teaches gonna come?" asked Midoriya.

"As I said before we left, we're keeping staff to a minimum to make it harder for the villains to pin us down. As for All Might, he's more than likely one of the villains' targets, so of course, he won't be coming here." he explained.

"Mew mew mew, listen, everyone! Tonight, both classes are going head-to-head in a test of courage! Your reward for intense training is some intense fun! It's the carrot-and-stick approach!" said Pixie-Bob.

~

A few hours later, it was time to cook again, which was why the entirety of both Class A and B were looking at Tobias, who gladly used another Joichiro card before starting the stew. While he was going to cook the main course, he did ask for everyone else to cook some side dishes, which they were happy to do.

"Need some help?" asked Kyoka.

"Yeah, can you chop those carrots for me?" said Tobias as he was preparing other ingredients.

"Sure." said Kyoka before starting to chop the carrots.

"So, I heard someone has a little crush on you." she said, side-eyeing him to see his reaction.

"Ah, Pixie-Bob you mean. Nah, just sees what she could have. It's not me she likes but my qualities."

"Eh, aren't you even a bit happy?" she asked.

"About someone having a crush on me? Not particularly, no. I mean I've always known that girls might have a crush on me, especially after my growth spurt."

"But it's not any girl. It's a pro hero and a beautiful one." she said, making Tobias look at her.

"Are you jealous? Don't worry, I've told you before you're the only one for me."

"You too, you know."

"Me too what?"

"You're the only one for me." she said blushing.

"You've over-chopped the carrots." he said causing her blush to go away instantly.

"Um, Tobias, can I ask you something?" said Midoriya.

"What's up?"

"It's about Kota."

"The kid who tried to hit me in the jewels." said Tobias as Kyoka laughed.

"Him. Well, he's got something against quirks and our superpowered society. I just couldn't get him to come around. What would you tell him?"

"What's his deal?"

"His parents were killed by a villain."

"Sigh, that's why. Words are just platitudes for him, he needs action to back those words up. He's been told all kinds of things and seen nothing come of it. He's lost hope in heroes." said Tobias.

"You're right." said Midoriya.

~

"Bellies are filled, and plates are clean! Next up..."

"The test of courage!" shouted Mina, finishing Pixie-Bob's sentence.

"Sorry to break it to you, remedial group, you've got your extra lessons with me now." said Aizawa-sensei.

"No way!" shouted Mina with her eyes popping out of their sockets.

"Sorry. But you were slacking during training earlier, so now I'm gonna cut into your playtime." he said as he wrapped up the remedial group in his capture cloth and dragged them away.

"Anyway. Class B will be on the offensive first. Class A will head into the forest in teams of two, one team every three minutes. You'll find name cards at the halfway point. Grab your own, and then come bac here!" explained Mandalay.

"The scarers aren't allowed to make direct contact. They'll just be using their quirks to startle you as best they can. So get creative! Whichever class makes the other wet their pants more wins!" said Pixie-Bob.

"Alright come draw a number." said Mandalay as the class drew a number. Tobias ended up with Ojiro on Team 6, while Midoriya ended up alone due to uneven numbers.

"Alright, first group go!"

19