Training Camp 3
621 1 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After a few minutes had passed, four teams had already made their way into the forest and it was now Team 5's turn, which consisted of Uraraka and Tsuyu.

"Go on, Team 5, your turn, Ribbit kitty and Uraraka kitty." said Pixie-Bob as the two girls made their way into the forest.

"People sure have been screaming, guess Class B has been doing a good job." said Tobias as he did some cards tricks while waiting for his team's turn.

"Wonder how scary it'll be?" said Ojiro.

"You don't like scary things?" asked Tobias.

"Not really. I mean who does?"

"That's true. But some peo-" said Tobias before he turned in the direction of the forest and heard a screech as well as black smoke.

"What was that?" asked Ojiro.

"Kyoka." said Tobias as he ran towards the forest.

"Tobias!" yelled Ojiro and the other students.

"You're not going anywhere!" said a figure as it appeared in front of Tobias, stopping him.

"Who are you?!" asked Mandalay.

"Pleased to meetcha, U.A. students! We're the League of Villains' Vanguard Action Squad!" said the Hero Killer wannabe that had a lizard quirk of some sort while the other one was a manly-looking woman who had a big wrapped-up stick of some kind.

"He said squad, so there has to be more of them. Mandalay relay it to Aizawa-sensei and the rest of the students. Ida, go get Aizawa-sensei's answer to Mandalay's thoughts. I need to know if we can use our quirks on these villains or not." said Tobias as he stood in front of the two villains.

"Ah, you, we know you. You're one of the ones who brought about Stain's end in Hosu City. Let me introduce myself. I'm Spinner. And I intend to make his dreams come true." he said as he took out a sword made up of a mish-mash of random knives.

"Tobias, get back!" said Pixie-Bob.

"Ida, hurry up! Our classmates are currently being attacked by other villains and they can't fight back without Aizawa-sensei's permission!" yelled Tobias, snapping Ida out of his stupor before he began to run.

"Oh no you don't." said the manly-looking woman as she pointed her stick at Ida and he began to be pulled towards her.

"Move, Tobias!" said Pixie-Bob as she used her quirk to move the earth and slam into the two villains, causing Ida to be let go and start running.

"Tiger, Pixie-Bob! I've broadcast the order! Ragdoll will make sure the other students are safe. It's our job to hold them back here! Get going, everyone! And remember no fighting! Lead them, Class President!" said Mandalay.

"Sorry, Mandalay, but I'm going to have to ignore those orders. Everyone, go back to the lodge, stay safe out there." said Tobias before darting towards the forest.

"Damn!" said Mandalay.

"Mandalay, don't worry I know where he is!" said Midoriya before running off.

Meanwhile, Tobias, who had turned into Froakie, had cut through the trees to get to Kyoka as soon as possible.

While on the way there, he ran into two classmates, Uraraka and Tsuyu, who were fighting a blonde villain with a mask and a knife.

"Mm! Mmm, too shallow. Not enough!" she said.

"What kind of jerk comes out swinging with a knife like that?" said Tsuyu.

"I'm Toga! And you two are really cute. Uraraka and Asui." she said.

"They know our names." said Uraraka.

"From the sports festival. They've been planning this for a while now." said Tobias as he landed on Asui's head.

"Eh?" said Uraraka.

"Tobias? Is that you?"

"Yup. We're both frogs now, would you look at that?"

"This is no time to joke around."

"I know, I was on my way to save Kyoka after hearing Noibat, but I saw you two and I couldn't not do something. So, let's finish this quickly."

"Tobias? Tobias Fukushima? You're one of our targets." she said.

"Targets?" said Uraraka.

"Looks like they're here to do more than just cause havoc, they're here to kidnap and/or kill some of us." said Tobias.

'Tell everyone in Classes A and B to fight back!' said Mandalay through telepathy.

"It's all I needed to hear." said Tobias before disappearing from on top of Tsuyu's head and reappearing right on top of Toga, before landing a clean Pound on her face.

CRACK

The mask that she was wearing had been broken from the force of Tobias' punch and was enough to knock her out successfully.

"You guys go back to the camp, but be careful. There should be more villains." said Tobias, using his cards to tie up Toga like a mummy before sprinting off.

'Two of the villain's targets have been identified! It's the student known as Kacchan and Tobias! Both of you need to avoid battle and don't make any moves alone! Everyone get that?!' said Mandalay through telepathy.

'So, it looks like they're after me for my quirk, but why Bakugo? His rage, perhaps? Do they think they can turn him? No use guessing right now. And the fact that they found us means we have a mole. I'll use my divination cards afterward to find them.' thought Tobias as he continued to make his way through the forest before coming upon an area filled with gas.

Seeing this, Tobias undid his Froakie transformation before creating a gas mask and putting it on. Right as he put it on, the gas started to disperse.

'Seems like the gas was a villain's quirk.' he thought before pulling out the beacon card to make his way to Kyoka's position. But as he was making his way there, he heard the sound of chainsaws and Ragdoll shouting.

'Shit.' he thought before pulling out a card and using it before a cloud of smoke appeared. Now standing there were two Tobias' that both looked at each other before they went in separate directions, one to Kyoka and the other to Ragdoll. The one that went toward Ragdoll was the clone, and it had fewer cards available to use so it would have to think smarter, but it did have Dratini with it.

As the clone rushed toward Ragdoll, it came upon Momo and a Class B student.

"Tobias!" said Momo.

"Momo, you should go back to the lodge, but be careful."

"Where are you going?!"

"I heard Ragdoll screaming so I'm going to save her."

"No, just run away, she can take care of herself!"

"Her quirk isn't combat-oriented when she's alone. I can't leave her." he said before continuing on.

A few moments later he came upon a small clearing where a Nomu with chainsaws was standing above Ragdoll, who looked worse for wear.

"Dratini, Thunder Wave then follow it up with a Dragon Tail." said Tobias as Dratini jumped forward and while in mid-air let out a Thunder Wave that stunned the Nomu.

"AUGH!" it yelled as it was paralyzed. Dratini, while still in midair, then had his tail start shining before he slammed it onto the Nomu's head.

BOOM

"Dratini, Thunder Wave again." said Tobias as Dratini let out another Thunder Wave before Tobias threw five cards around the Nomu. Activating the cards, small Tori gates appeared from the sky and locked down the Nomu's limbs, torso, and head. Clearly, Tobias had taken inspiration from one of the only animes with sealing arts, Naruto.

"Dratini, keep an eye on it. If it moves, use another Thunder Wave."

"Dratini." he said.

"Ragdoll, are you okay?" said Tobias checking up on her.

"I-I'm fine. Just a little banged up." she said, clearly not fine.

"Hold still." said Tobias as he took out a healing card and was about to heal her before he dodged along with her.

FWOOM

"Oh? To think you would be able to sense me." said the new villain who was wearing a mask, a top hat, a coat, and carrying a cane.

Tobias looked at where he was standing and saw that the area surrounding it had been carved out and turned into a marble.

"Interesting quirk you have there. Shitty costume though, you look like a third-rate magician who moonlights as a thief."

"Now, now. No need to lie. I've seen your costume, we both have similar tastes. Although yours is a bit too Film Noir for my liking."

"What can I say, I have taste."

"Debateable. But I'm not here to chat. I'm here to take what I came for." he said before launching two marbles that Tobias countered by throwing two cards of his own, throwing them off course.

"Dratini, Thunder Wave." said Tobias as Dratini launched a Thunder Wave that the villain blocked by using a marble that released the dirt from earlier.

"Interesting pet you have. Too bad I have to take that too." he said going for Dratini, but Tobias surprised him by switching places with Dratini and punching him.

SPLAT

"Mud? Another villain's quirk then." said Tobias as he saw that the villain had turned into a weird mud-like substance after punching him. Ignoring that, he put down Ragdoll and healed her, allowing her to walk on her own again.

"Come on. I'll go with you until my time runs out, then Dratini will be with you the rest of the way." said Tobias as Dratini hopped onto his head.

"What do you mean?"

"I'm a copy of the original. The original went to help Kyoka." he explained.

"You sure are interesting, kid. But what about that villain over there?" she asked, referring to the Nomu.

"Don't worry, those gates can't be removed by anyone other than me. Or someone with All Might's strength." he said as they started heading back.

~

Meanwhile right after the two had split up, the original Tobias was on his way to Kyoka's location.

'I hope I gave him enough cards. Dratini's there so it should be enough. I should also take this chance to try out my new toy.' he thought as he touched the black bracelet on his left hand.

Recently, Tobias had managed to permanently create his mainstay equipment for the future, the duel disk. The reason it had taken so long was because of all the "enchantments" that it had which allowed it to switch from a bracelet to a duel disk, instantly, while also having infinite storage for his cards, mind-link that let him know how many and what cards he had stored, create new ones without physically grabbing them, launch and/or use the cards right on the disk, and a slight stamina reduction and regeneration increase.

Not to mention the edge of the duel disk could become sharp if he wanted it to, and it would still have all the same functionality when it was in bracelet mode. It was his piece de resistance until he upgraded it more.

'This would be my long-range/summoner/controller mode, though I do have to be mindful of how many cards I use. Even if I have been stockpiling cards for a long time now.'

After a few moments, Tobias came up on Kyoka, Toru, and Aoyama walking in the direction of the camp.

"Kyoka!" he said as he landed right in front of her.

"Tobias!" she said hugging him.

"I'm glad you're okay. I heard Noibat and then saw smoke so I rushed over."

"We're fine. The gas almost got us but we were able to ward it off long enough thanks to Noibat."

"How's everyone else?!" asked Toru.

"I saved Uraraka and Tsuyu on the way here, then I heard Ragdoll so I sent out a clone to help her while I rushed over here. I don't know what the situation is everywhere else." explained Tobias.

"Let's go back to camp." said Kyoka as the group started walking back to camp.

"Oh, what do we have here?" said a voice as two figures walked out of the forest and stopped in front of the group. One was wearing a trenchcoat and was scarred all over, while the other was wearing black spandex.

"Hey, that's one of our capture targets!" said the one wearing spandex.

"Lucky us." said the scarred one as he sent out a wave of blue fire that Tobias countered by launching a ball of water at, creating a cloud of steam.

"You guys run. I'll deal with them." said Tobias.

"No, I'll stay." said Kyoka.

"Us too, right Aoyama?" said Toru.

"M-mm." said Aoyama while shaking.

"Fine, but be careful, we're not dealing with small-time thugs here." said Tobias as he activated four cards that summoned a tiny scarecrow that floated around each of them.

"Are you guys done talking?!" said the spandex one.

"Yeah, thanks for waiting." said Tobias.

SLAM

"Nice entrance." said Tobias as he saw Midoriya, Todoroki, and Shoji standing on top of the masked villain he had fought earlier.

"Tobias? Are you guys okay?" asked Midoriya whose entire body looked like it was broken.

"Mister. Dodge." said the scarred villain, hand pointed at Midoriya's group.

"Roger!" said the masked man as he turned into a marble.

"You're forgetting about me." said Tobias as he appeared right in front of the scarred villain, punching him right in the gut while simultaneously activating a seal card that targets his quirk.

"Dabi! Get off him!" said the spandex villain as he pulled out a tape measure and started swinging around only for him to be blown away by Kyoka's sound blast.

"Get that marble!" said Kyoka, figuring out the masked villain's quirk, before Todoroki used his ice to freeze it.

"Now, now, no need to be so hasty." said a new voice that Tobias turned to look at only to see Kyoka in a villain's grasp.

"Kyoka!"

"Don't move or she dies." said the villain, who was wearing all black, stopping Tobias in his tracks.

"I promise you, if you hurt her, I will hunt you down to the ends of the earth and tear you limb from limb." said Tobias staring right at the villain after activating a Bloodlust card that made everyone shiver.

"I believe you. But if you wish to see her unharmed you will release all my associates." he said talking about Dabi, the spandex guy, and the masked dude.

"Don't Tobias!" said Kyoka before the villain put his hand over her mouth while the other was around her throat.

"I'm sure he'll do the right thing." said the villain.

"Let them go." said Tobias canceling his seal on Dabi while Todoroki unfroze the marble which promptly turned back into the masked man.

"Give back Bakugo and Tokoyami." said Todoroki.

"Unfortunately, I can only fulfill one of those requests." said the masked man as he threw out a marble that turned into Tokoyami.

"Now, let her go." said Tobias.

"Sorry, kid. I'm afraid I can't do that." he said as a gate similar to the warper from USJ opened behind him but much smaller, clearly new with the quirk.

"You came for me, right? Then take me and leave her." said Tobias causing Kyoka to shout, muffled by the villain's hand.

"Oh? A true hero? Very well then. Compress." he said as the masked man, Compress stood behind Tobias.

"He's going to release her and if any of you make any sudden moves, he'll die." said Compress before the villain released Kyoka.

"Tobias!" she said, crying.

"Don't worry. I'll be fine. I'll see you soon." said Tobias as he was being walked over to the portal and the villains escaped. But what they didn't see was that Tobias threw a card to Kyoka that had his location at all times.

As to why Tobias let himself get caught rather than escape, he wanted to get rid of the nuisance that was the League of Villains once and for all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AN

I know some of you may be wondering why there's another warp gate user and I always thought it was weird All for one or the doctor didn't copy the quirk. Now that may be because it's technically a mix of various quirks, but still. So I made it so they did copy it but never used it until Kurogiri got captured. That's why the new user can't use it well. Also the only other copy.

20