Meeting Starts!
198 1 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

And so, as the sense of impending crisis continued to heighten, the bigshots representing their respective nations gathered in the capital city of Korea, Seoul, to answer the request of the Korean Hunter's Association.

What they wanted from this trip was just one thing. And that would be to find out the information regarding the eight super-massive Gates that appeared simultaneously all around the world.

Since the information was to be provided by Hunter Sung Jin-Woo and Hunter Tsugikuni Haru, these two who managed to achieve a rather unbelievable result from the first super-massive Gate, their expectations were understandably huge.

"Whew-woo…."

A certain man spat out a hushed sigh. It was none other than the director of the Hunter's Bureau, David Brennan, who had opted to travel to Korea after being harassed by his own president. He dabbed away the cold sweat soaking his forehead with a handkerchief and took a look at the faces of everyone sitting around him.

'….So many of them came.'

Presidents, government ministers, Guild Masters, Chairpersons from various Hunter's Associations…..

The director of the Hunter Bureau knew the faces of most of these people. They indeed were all bigshots that just their names alone would be enough to get them recognized by everyone in their respective nations.

While seeing the flashes of nervousness in their faces, the director wiped the sweat pooling at the edge of his chin.

Regardless of who it is, everyone's feeling the heat, huh.'

They may all look calm and collected on the surface, but they also knew that inwardly, every single one of them here was anxiously stomping their feet. Well, even the director himself was feeling the same way, after all.

How wonderful would it be if Hunter Sung Jin-Woo stepped forward to say that "This Gate crisis should end painlessly and there's nothing to worry about"

If only he could deliver that message to the higher-ups; the POTUS busy pressuring him would instantly back off, then. It would be a wonderful opportunity to restore his damaged pride, in other words.

However, if the truth was ultimately the opposite, then….

The director felt his heart tumble to the pit of his stomach. He swallowed back his dry saliva and confirmed the time. His wristwatch was precisely pointing at 02:55.

Five minutes remained until the announcement time.

Tick, tock….

While listening to the ticking of the second hand that sounded unusually loud for some reason today, the director raised his stiff face.

...…

"Where are they?" Gun-hee said as he rested his back on the sofa waiting for Haru and Jin-woo.

"I'll call them," Jin-Chul said as he called Haru.

-Yes?

"Where are you there are only 5 minutes left?" Jin-Chul said hurriedly.

-What? But we already arrived.

"Where I didn't hear anything?" Jin-Chul said as his eyebrows twitched as he thought haru was making an excuse.

"Yo, Jin-Chul" Haru's voice came from the phone and behind him at the same time.

"WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH*" Jin-Chul shouted as he looked back to see Haru and Jin-woo standing there. Both of them were wearing a black suit over a white shirt.

"Why are you shouting?" Haru said as he tilted his head.

"What did I say about appearing behind me?" Jin-Chul shouted as he stood up and wiped his sweat away.

"Come on, don't mind it." Haru waved his hand.

"Jin-woo you should've stopped him." Jin-Chul looked at Jin-woo hoping he would support him on this.

"But it is fun," Jin-woo said with a grin.

'Never mind they are both the same.' Jin-Chul felt like he would die early if he kept in touch with these two.

"Well, now that everyone is here let's go," Gun-hee said as he stood up shaking his head at the antics of these three.

And everyone walked towards the auditorium and slowly entered. Almost in an instant, all unimportant noise disappeared within the venue.

'Hunter Tsugikuni Haru and Hunter Sung Jin-Woo….!!'

'They're finally here.'

The attention of every single one gathered here focused on one man standing on the rostrum, Tsugikuni Haru. He took a sweeping look at their faces and calmly organized several thoughts currently crisscrossing inside his brain.

He was here to inform these folks on what was to come – about the arrival of eight great armies desiring the destruction of this world. Also, the fact that each and every one of these armies are made up of soldiers from the Chaos World, ones that humanity would find very difficult to fight against.

'This is certainly going to be a hard one to fight on eight fronts, but….'

'...'

They were waiting for the official announcement with those anxious expressions etched on their faces. After learning the truth, though, what would their expressions change to next?

The tension tightening around their hearts was transmitted in full to Haru and his own expression stayed the same.

"…"

Everyone held their breath and listened to his voice. The auditorium might have been quiet before, but now, it was even quieter than ever.

A short while later – Haru didn't need the aid of a microphone and simply loaded Chakra(Mana) to his vocal cords to speak.

"I know that things will become incredibly difficult for everyone."

His voice seemed to softly ripple within the eerily-silent auditorium.

Haru's ears could pick up on the noises of representatives swallowing their saliva along with their violently pounding hearts.

He calmly addressed his audience with these closing words.

"However, no one alive will be able to avoid fighting the upcoming battle, An army far bigger than the one that appeared in Seoul is going to appear from those Gates."

The hall was silent no one was able to say a thing when they heard that, they felt their heart drop.

Eventually, someone unable to beat back his fear-filled curiosity and shouted at Haru.

"Y-you, you expect us to believe that story?!"

How could anyone believe the story of horrifying creatures capable of destroying everything on this land creeping ever closer to this planet?

That voice of an elderly man was now filled with a palpable sense of desperation.

"Evidence…. Show me the evidence! Without that, I won't ever believe you!!"

"T-that's right!"

"Aren't your claims far too absurd to be believable?!"

"Out of the blue, you tell us that hundreds of creatures similar to Kamish will show up, but how can that even make sense?!"

Most of them were men as the women were just looking at Haru in a daze from the time he entered.

When facing a reality that they couldn't deal with humans would automatically resort to denying it or get angry as their defence mechanism. These representatives from various nations willfully forgot about the many miracles Haru had shown them so far, and directed their furious words of denial toward him standing on the rostrum.

"Shut up and sit down," Haru said and everyone closed their mouth and sat down albeit it wasn't of their own will.

'H-H-He…. What did he do?' that was the question in the mind of everyone who was standing up just and shouting a moment ago, They looked at the red aura surrounding Haru as his red eyes shined and they sobered up realizing at the person they shouted at.

"I believe you have calmed down, I understand the reason for your panic as I would be the same If I was in the same position as you who represent the lives of millions of people at the moment," Haru said calming the panic in the hall.

"But it is not like we can't deal with this, if we didn't have any plans for this we wouldn't have called for this meeting," Haru said with a smile and calmed everyone down.

And Zhigang raised his hand.

"Yo, Zhigang," Haru said with the same calm smile and casual attitude as he was meeting his friend on the street.

"What should we do then?" Zhigang asked as he was familiar with his behavior he knew that Haru won't waste their time like this.

"That is simple," Haru said as he made a plus Hand sign and….

POOF* POOF* POOF* POOF* POOF* POOF* POOF*

"M-My god"

"A-Am I dreaming,"

"N-No I must surely be dreaming right now,"

"I won't mind if I die after seeing this sight."

"S-Someone Get that on camera I'll pay for it."

Yeah, let's ignore the last two.

There were eight more Haru on the stage standing behind him. Everyone in the room was too shocked to speak though the females had a different reason to be shocked.

"A-Are these….?" Someone tried to say.

"They are clones," Haru nodded affirming it.

"So will Hunter Tsugikuni send them…."

"Yes, I will send one at every gate that has opened in the world. And don't think they are weak they will help each nation with the clearance of monsters and I can switch places with them in case of emergencies as they are connected to me." Haru said and the clones behind him waved their hands at the people with as they smiled.

This left the men in astonishment and the women in astonishment as well but for a different reason all together.

"Then where are you going to go Hunter Tsugikuni?" One of the female reporters asked.

"Oh, I'll wait for the boss to show up as he is the most troublesome," Haru said with a wide smirk causing the reporter to blush.

"But there is one more thing," Haru said as he raised one finger causing everyone to look at him.

18