Monster Army Arrives!!
317 1 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Everyone counted the seconds as the time for the dungeon break came near.

"Hey, Haru which gate do you think that bastard with come out from?" Jin-woo asked Haru who was standing at the very front.

"I don't know about that, But since both of us are here he might come out from the Vancouver Gate or the Rio Gate so that he can cause more damage before we arrive while assembling his army," Haru said calmly.

"But aren't your clones there already? And I can reach there in an instant because I have put my shadow soldiers in the shadows of your clones." Jin-woo said.

"That is right, that is why it doesn't matter where he comes from." Haru nodded his head as he looked at the gate.

Haru was thinking about the possible plays that can happen. But he was ready for it, as him being in the world has changed many things the number one target of Antares is him rather than Jin-woo. Even though he tried to take Jin-woo that was an attempt to get an extra pawn.

Even the time when he abducted Jin-woo was very half-assed. It was clear to Haru that he was trying to lure him out by using his connection with Jin-woo.

'Was it just a…' But Haru's thoughts were interrupted.

The moment they have been waiting for came as all of the Gates in the world opened at the same time.

SWOOSH*

CRACK*

CRACK*

Waves of mana were released from the gates shaking everything as small cracks started forming on the ground.

'The space is in disorder,' Haru thought as he observed the space fabric vibrating making it chaotic and messing with his sense of space.

The large wave of mana made all the hunters even more nervous as they stared at the Giant Gates open.

"T-The Monsters are coming out." Someone shouted and everyone focused on the Gate and saw that the monsters were pouring out of the gate.

It was a mix of insectoids, beasts, skeletons, giants, and golems. This mixed army was coming out of the gate like a never ending swarm with the golems being the vanguard followed by beasts, insectoids, and giants. With the skeletons mixed in the ranks but there were many skeletons with robes and staves in the back line forming magic corp behind the cover of the whole army.

They were ready to attack at the command as magicians and archers had prepared their spells and mana-laden arrows. Everyone who could use long-range attacks was ready to blast it off at the drop of a hat.

They all looked at the highest-rank hunter present on the field. They were wishing that this gate was the same as the Seoul Gate, even if they had been told that there won't be a gate like that they still wanted to believe that they can get out of it without fighting and losing their lives.

But it doesn't look like things are going to be that easy.

"Attack," Haru said as he pointed his katana at the army and everyone attacked.

WHOOSH*

SWISH*

Magic spells of different elements and arrows cut through the air making their way towards the monsters that were still descending painting the sky in multiple colors. Everyone thought that they can kill a lot of them while they are still in the air.

But…

BANG* BANG* BANG* BANG*

"N-No way a barrier," A magician said as they looked at the thin red film that surrounded the monster army.

The spells and arrows hit an invisible barrier that was protecting the monsters that were descending.

"Don't panic, keep on attacking," Haru said as he swung his katana downwards in a vertical swing.

SLASH*

And a large arc of dark red fire made its way towards the monsters. Those who were near him sweated just by the temperature that fire emitted.

The fire slash reached the barrier in an instant.

BANG*

SHATTER*       

TSSS*

Shattering the barrier into pieces before burning the monsters it didn't matter who it was giant? Golems? Insects? Everything in its way burned turning into ashes and scattered in the wind.

SCREECH*

ROARRRRRRRRR*

HOWL*

RARRRRRRRWWWW*

The screams of the monsters brought the hunters back to their senses.

"A-ATTACK," A magician shouted as she shot out a lance of earth up into the monster army and soon everyone followed suit.

As the barrier was torn down the Hunters started firing their spells and magic again.

"QUICK,"

"Don't let up, we have to lessen the numbers before they land and it becomes a melee,"

That was what was going on in the mind of every Hunter that was participating in the raid, they had to reduce the numbers as much as possible before the melee begins, because once the close combatants engage the chance of friendly fire rises up making it harder for magicians and archers to use AOE attacks.

That was the reason they were going all out on the attack, But….

"A-are we even making progress?"

"Damn, it is almost unending,"

"H-How are we going to fight all of those?"

The Hunters started to get uneasy as they saw the monsters that were coming out of the gate like there was no end to them. Many monsters were killed but it was like when they kill one, two others take their place increasing them in number.

They were trying to attack the magic corp but it didn't work as the monsters would defend them with their body. It was getting harder and harder to kill monsters when the magic corp kept countering more than 70% of the attacks.

This was happening in all 8 locations as they attacked the monster army using every last bit of their mana.

With Haru's Clones doing occasional slashes reducing the number of monsters and also destroying the barrier that was made by the skeleton and orc mages in the back of the army.

"Come on, [Hell flare]"

"We have to reduce them, [Elemental Lance]"

Many magical attacks went toward the descending army trying to reduce its numbers.

And at last, the monsters stopped coming out of the gates.

The number of the army that descended from each Gate was 200,000, the only gate that had more was Beijing Gate numbering 1 million.

Total monsters that came out of the Gate: 2.4 million.

"H-Hey is that,"

"N-No w-way,"

"W-we are going to die,"

These were the thoughts of everyone who was on the battlefields across the world. As a Dragon came out of every Gate, It twice times the size of the ones which came out of the Seoul gate

The Hunters were in despair when they saw the last monster come out.

A Large Dragon as big as 50 story building came out of all the Gates causing the Hunters to gape at the damn thing.

It was huge with a long neck and large wings, his red eyes looked at the Hunters as its red scales shined. The dragon opened its mouth showing its hideous crooked sharp teeth.

And…..

ROOOOOOOOAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRR*

With that roar that made everyone's legs weak as they weren't able to move, and like that the Monster Army touched down on Earth.

....(A/N: The scenes are going to change a lot for a while with jumping between different locations, the perspective is still third person so that is that,)       

"D-Damn It,"

"I-I can't move,"

"F-Fuck,"

"AH, MOU," Kanae moaned furiously as she was moving her body with a bit of difficulty. She was still unable to use her Haoshoku Haki like Hae-in could, at this moment only Queresha and Hae-in were able to use it. And Queresha was often praised by Haru for the sheer pressure her Haki held And paired with her immaculate control over it, she was able to go head to head with Haru's full powered Haoskou Haki for about 20 seconds.

The Roar spread through the battlefields across the locations like a thunderbolt stunning everyone leaving only a select few who could move.

"That is the skill that Kamish used," Thomas said as he felt like his head would explode from that roar he could still move but he looked back to see the condition of the other Hunters he couldn't help but grit his teeth at the situation.

It wasn't him alone but almost every National Rank Hunter and people who could move were the same.

'Are we going to die like this? How are we supposed to fight the monsters when we can't even move?' that was what was going on in everyone's mind as they looked at the sight of the monster army staring right at them like they were just food on the plate.

ROOOOAAAAAR*

SCREEECCCHHHHH*

HOOOOWWWWWWLLLL*

With the loud Warcrys of what seemed to be the generals of the armies the monsters started running towards Hunters at full speed.

Most hunters were unable to move and could only look at the monsters coming toward them. And the hunters who could move went forward.

18