‘Cleaning’ Up
972 3 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

''Harry... This whole room?'' Neville asked, still in awe due to the size of the undercroft.

''Yes, though Minerva did help expand it some, but it was pretty big to start with.''

''Large it may be, how are we supposed to handle all this dust?'' Hermione spoke from behind a cloth rag that was covering her face, Daphne chuckling softly as Harry groused over it.

Seiko spoke up. 'Couldn't we just, 'magic' it out?''

''...There is a cleaning spell for this actually, the vanishing spell is quite often used for dust and other airborne particles, it is why some of the castles that would be more stuffy, are actually quite airy because they've previously been enchanted to make the air constantly clean.'' Hermione added as she examined the ceiling.

''That so? Then we should just be able to...'' Harry looked towards the ceiling and focused.

The school felt what he wanted, and like a vacuum the air around them began to suck before it started to become much cleaner air, actually smelling like the fields outside.

''What, how did you do that?'' Hermione asked, looking around.

''Will power, how magic is based around.''

''That's right, you were talking about that. If someone has permission, they can inflict their will over magical houses. How much control of the undercroft did Dumbledore give you?'' Neville asked.

''Since there are no dangerous things I can do with the enchantments down here, pretty much all of it.'' Harry responded as lights began to appear, globules of light and magic appearing floating around the room to illuminate the place.

''Too bad we can't just magic away all the broken furniture and other items, hm?'' Daphne responded, having joined the study group originally to show that the houses COULD in fact work together as long as they tried, it having turned into finding a group of capable, and smart students.

''Well, if being around Harry has taught us anything.'' Hannah began, only for others to practically sing behind her.

''Not all problems can be solved with magic.'' Followed my laughter.

Harry chose not to mention the summoning and banishing charms that could be used to quickly and efficiently move stuff around, and by the looks of Hermione, she was doing the same.

''Alright team, here's what we'll do. All jewelry, currency, or anything that can be sold to one corner over here. All furniture that can be salvaged, or repaired over here to the right in this open area. If you find any books, records, or anything that might hold information, place it here in the middle of this large table. Dumbledore has already gone through her and made sure nothing is 'harmful' to us, so we to decide what we do with what's in here. All trash, broken furniture beyond repair, or just tasteless, goes to the back. Once we have a large enough pile going, I'll call some house elves to get rid of it. I know no one here really cares about the festivities because it's too loud and troublesome, but I know all of you study better to music, so I'll be taking requests for music to play in the background.'' Harry began to issue orders, and everyone started to move to do what they were better at.

Of course not the entire study group was here, or the workout group as there were still people who preferred to enjoy the festivities, such as the Weasley Twins, and other older students who could take this chance to go out of the school and to visit parts of the Hogwarts grounds other students couldn't.

They began to move, with the air constantly being refreshed, rarely did anyone have to take a breather break. Hermione technically had it the worst, as she immediately went on book, scroll, and like item retrieval to clean them but she had saturated the cloth covering half her face in magic focused on cleaning so it didn't bother her.

Neville was with Harry on 'Large Item' moving, which gave Harry the chance to show how to properly move or pull heavy furniture around without hurting himself.

Daphne and Seiko went around scrubbing at the walls using their wands along with cleaning up things that were brought to them.

Of course, they took a break for lunch that was brought to them by the House Elves, which also took that time to take away the large pile of stuff that had built up to be taken out.

It was two hours after they had lunch that the school seemed to hum around them, only Harry noticing the power magic being cast, a fight was happening.

''I'll be right back, I think Dumbledore is using my connection to the school to call for me.''

''Like a magical intercome? That's pretty neat.'' Hermione said out loud, getting weird looks since the Pure Bloods didn't know what that was.

Harry began to move, following the school leading him through the many passageways until he came out what looked to be a massive hall, the stench was not so pleasant as magic flared by, a lot of stunners were flying around, or wand-throwing spells.

Harry could tell there was past the third-floor room, a roar of a troll vibrating the walls as it lumbered towards the group of Wizards fighting off the one-man army.

Dumbledore, Minerva, and Snape were all fighting against Quirrell who despite how far his decay had progressed fought with the skill of a practiced dueling wizard, as well as seeming like he was able to fire off two magics at a time, like two people were casting magic.

The biggest problem was Dumbledore was focused on suppressing the troll, the magics that would be useful couldn't be used here due to the lack of items to make use of, such as random debris.

The connection with the house elves was also cut off due to the protective enchantments of this hall.

Harry chose to watch, his eyes focusing on the spells and how they moved, it was rare to see this kind of battle happen.

It was only when Harry saw a flash of green did his focus laser in.

The spell had been heading for Minerva, but she had pulled what looked to be a small tablet from her robes, it quickly growing in size as it took the brunt of the curse only to break apart as it crumbled apart.

Harry's anger swelled, the castle groaning as the energy he had been saving for his martial arts soared, a pulse of power expanding out in the large battle hall.

Harry spoke a sharp tone of finality in his words.

''I'll deal with the Troll, take down Quirrell.''

''Harry?!'' Minerva's voice came out as she looked over.

Harry leaned forward, stepping on the ground, gravity seemed to almost shift forward with him as it looked like he was kicking off the ground, his martial energy keeping him from raising into the air as he was able to rapidly kick off the ground to shoot forward, his eyes glowing a milky white as the neutral energy breathed through him. He was before the Troll in a moment and he breathed out hard as his hands came forward.

Striking his palms into the stomach of the troll, the built-up energy released in a ripple that caused the troll to stumble backward to the sudden force.

Trolls had resistant hides to both blunt trauma and magic so Harry aimed for the insides, utilizing 'Wave Arts' which caused ripples with energy, the vibrations that could disrupt eternal organs.

''Leave the troll to Harry!'' Dumbledore ordered firmly, at first worried. But after seeing Harry capable of somehow causing the troll to stumble enough to believe the boy could at least hold it off long enough for them to deal with Quirrell.

Who would not last long beneath the focused effort of three powerful dueling Wizards.

Harry grunted, the first hit showing just how tough a troll was, his feet shifted as he seemed to skate with large arcing movements forward and then around the troll as it swung, his open palm striking the back of the knee of the troll as he passed causing the troll to grunt, it's leg quivering for a moment before it firmed up.

As Harry slid away, using the force of his strike to assist the ability to slide him away further he grumbled. If only he had a sword.

The school burst with excitement and power just as a sword appeared and stabbed into the ground where he had been previously, the troll between him and it.

Harry drew his wand, magic gathering as he spoke. Extending the words he spoke to focus the energy finer.

''Turn them into a crisp, Incendio!'' Harry's voice vibrated with power as both martial and magic energy combined as a huge torrent of flames left his wand, the troll roaring at the shotgun burst of flames towards its head as it raised its hands, slapping at itself to put the fire out.

Holstering his wand he ran forward, sliding beneath the troll by going between its legs he reached his hands forward.

His body pulled forward and the sword pulled from where it was as he caught the hilt.

He noticed the heavily enchanted decorated blade, despite its pretty gaudy appearance it was a fine sword.

It wasn't the sword he was used to, but he doubt he'd be able to find a cleaver just, sitting around.

Putting it into a forward grip he used both of his hands to grip the handle of the longsword and focused energy into the tip of the sword.

As the troll slapped away the flames it began to turn around, its anger peaking as it took another swing, this time when Harry went between its legs he slid the sword with its focused power along the side of the leg of the Troll. The enchanted blade slid through like butter as the troll stumbled down onto its knee, roaring in pain.

Turning he slashed the other back of the knee to cause both legs to give out.

Stabbing the blade firmly into the Troll's spine he shifted his weight forward, using the stab and the stuck sword, along with a minor martial arts movement technique that made him momentarily lighter, he pushed himself off the hilt and into the air.

Spinning in the air to build his momentum he concentrated a large energy into his leg, focusing it on his foot as he suddenly cracked a spinning kick to the back of the Troll's head.

Its head snapped forward due to the force, its body falling forward and landing hard on the ground. Harry landed on the troll's body, still able to feel it draw breath beneath him he removed the sword from the lower spine.

Twisting it through the air he brought it down swiftly at the base of the neck, severing the spinal cord and using his knowledge of troll anatomy due to his classes to stab down firmly, making a proper incision into the back of the brain to still be able to sell it but finish it off quickly.

''At least kill the boy!'' Hissed out a dark voice just as a green light started to streak towards Harry.

Minerva's voice cracked as she screamed out. ''HARRY!''


Like it? Add to library!
Looking to support me?
paypal.me/BeaulenSmith
https://www.patreon.com/BeauSmith
Check out my Webnovel
https://www.webnovel.com/profile/4313773437?appId=10

19