Chapter 18: Preliminaries 2
273 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kankuro's match was an interesting one. Apparently he was a puppet master from the Sand Village. From what I knew of puppet masters, they remotely controlled puppets of their own creation via wire thin strings of chakra. The really skilled puppet masters could control hundreds of puppets at once. During one of the Shinobi wars, Konoha had been fighting against the sand, and most of the medical shinobi were needed on the front line of that battlefield. The main reason was because of the poison the puppet masters used. Interesting, I wonder if Xorrion's unique body would be affected by this world's poison.

This battle started off just like the previous one: Shit talking your opponent. I never quite understood that; just get to the fighting. Some of the most long winded speeches I'd ever heard came from the big bad villain during his monologing when he thought he'd won.

"Once I start my jutsu, you should quit. You have no chance of winning at that point" one of them said.

"Funny, I was about to say the same thing, although, no promises that it would be painless" the other said.

Kankuro unravelled the thing on his back that was covered in bandages, upon further examination, it appeared to have hair poking out the top. A corpse? His opponent had made the first move, charging up to him and striking with his fist. It was such a slow attack that Kankuro blocked it easily, however apparently that's what my fellow leaf ninja wanted. As soon as Kankuro blocked, the guy's whole body turned rubbery and he slithered his way onto Kankuro. He had turned into rubber? Or something similar? Ew. That was a way more intimate hug than I wanted from almost anyone.

The guy sat there wrapped around Kankuro, and was explaining his powers. Again, why the monologuing? You're just giving your enemy time to come up with a plan, and exactly that happened here. When he was done talking, apparently Kankuro didn't surrender like he'd wanted and ended up breaking his neck. Because the dumbass had spent so much time explaining himself, Kankuro had come up with a way out. Turns out that thing he'd been carrying around on his back had been one of his puppets. No one saw when he'd done it, but he had swapped places with his puppet. So the rubbery dude got quite the surprise when the corpse in his embrace swung its head around to look at him and clack its teeth at him.

Now it was the not so rubbery dude's turn to be creepily embraced. The puppet wrapped several arms around the guy to lock him in place, arresting all movement. Slowly, the puppet started squeezing the person it had trapped, and the crunching of bone was audible to everyone in the arena. It wasn't long before the leaf ninja surrendered.

"But if all your bones are turned to dust, imagine how much more flexible you'd be" Kankuro said, making me chuckle. He had a dark sense of humor apparently.

As the guy collapsed, and was taken away, Naruto had a question.

"Hey, isn't that a little unfair? Two against one?" He asked.

"It's not really two against one Naruto, it's a puppet, not another ninja" Kakashi said.

"Yeah, it's just the puppetmaster jutsu." Sakura said, with a sad and distracted look on her face. Was she realizing how inept she was?

"Besides Naruto, I hate to break it to you, but there is no such thing as fair in this ninja world of ours. If you fight fair, you will probably die." I told him.

He couldn't complain about fairness anyway, not with the beast living inside him. I theorized that if one day he could communicate with it, he could use his freaky ability to make friends to work with the beast. I wasn't going to say that now though, I had no idea if he'd told anyone about his discovery last year.

"While harsh, Kari does have a point." Kakashi told them.

I had tried interacting with Akamaru again since the fights started, but he had gotten worse it seemed after seeing my fight. Was he scared of me? I couldn't imagine why. I'd never done anything to hurt him.

"Hey Kiba, can I ask you something?" I said, walking up to him.

"What is it?" he said, still somewhat subdued from his normal self.

"What's wrong with Akamaru? Why does he seem to be afraid of me?" I questioned.

"You really don't know?" he asked, somewhat surprised.

I just shook my head.

"Your chakra." he said

"What about it?" I asked, confused.

"Well it's not just yours, that sand guy over there with the red hair too. In your case it's your sheer amount of it, and your ruthless use of it that scared Akamaru in that fight you just had. For the red haired kid, it was that fight you two had back in the forest, where he killed those three guys" Kiba explained, still not his usual self.

Seemed he hadn't noticed that I had killed one of those guys. Best not to mention it then.

"Akamaru can sense chakra levels?" I inquired.

"Yes, and yours are so massive, as to dwarf anyone here but the Hokage. Even naruto doesn't have as much" Kiba said, confirming what I had suspected for a while.

"Why does that scare Akamaru so much? I'd never hurt him intentionally" I said.

"I'm not entirely sure, but all I know is that fight we saw in the forest was terrifying. I appreciate that though, Akamaru is my best friend." Kiba said, perking up slightly. I supposed having one of the people who scared your friend shitless say they had no ill intentions would be a weight off your shoulders.

Once again, I looked at Akamaru. I didn't try to touch him this time, but he was less withdrawn from Kiba's coat. He also looked like he was shivering less. Good, hopefully he'd be feeling better soon. I wasn't sure why I was so intent on befriending Akamaru; no other animal had drawn my attention like that. Was it really just homesickness? A desire to have another piece of home here in this strange world?

In the middle of our chatting, the next two contestants were announced: Ino Yamanaka, and Sakura Haruno.

This "random" bullshit had a sick sense of Humor. There's no way that two rivals would be put against each other by accident, that had to be planned. Sakura was in the middle of laughing at something Naruto had said when Kakashi had to draw her attention to the screen. She went dead quiet after seeing the results.

After the two had entered the arena, there was no bullshit insults thrown back and forth. Finally some people with brains. As soon as the proctor had said go, they rushed each other and started trading blows. Buuuutt… their hearts weren't in it. They were fighting, yes, but neither of them were trying to beat the other.

"This is the best Kunoichi can get at hand to hand combat?" I'd heard Neji comment.

What a prick. Every interaction with him, I hate him more and more. I couldn't completely hate him though, he was still a kid who had yet to grow up. If he was still like this as an adult however, I would whoop his ass from one end of the village to the other until he got it through his thick skull that it wasn't because they were women.

"It's not because they're girls, Neji. Those two are using kid gloves, it doesn't matter if you're a man or woman in a fight" Neji's teammate said. Basically mirroring my thoughts. Tenten I think it was?

"Huh? What do you mean kid gloves?" Naruto asked. But no one seemed inclined to answer.

They started going at it for a couple more minutes, throwing punches and kicks at each other. After a particularly hard punch in the stomach from Ino, sakura was left wide open. Much to everyone's surprise however, Ino didn't take the opening, and instead, slapped Sakura across the face. What the hell? Even the two fighting each other seemed surprised. Ino was just standing there, staring at her hand in disbelief.

"Alright Ino, listen up!" Sakura started. God dammit, I guess I was wrong. These two are just as dumb as the rest. They started insulting each other and arguing again about Sasuke, who wasn't even here.

Apparently all that back and forth had actually done something this time. After putting on their headbands, they rushed each other with much more seriousness than last time. After their first hit, they had retreated, and rushing eachother again, Sakura created three clones. It seemed Ino wasn't able to keep track of which one was the real one and took a hard blow to the chest and rolled away. This back and forth went on for a bit with no real clear winner the whole time. The fight almost ended when Ino used her Mind Transfer Jutsu to try and make Sakura surrender. Not entirely sure the proctor would consider that a win though, since from his point of view, one girl had collapsed and was unable to fight.

Her plan failed though, when Naruto started shouting.

"Don't give up now Sakura! You worked so hard to get here" he yelled.

Apparently that was enough to allow Sakura to break free of Ino's jutsu, right before she was going to have Sakura surrender. However doing so apparently caused both of them to lose almost all their chakra. They were both panting and sweaty, kneeling on the floor with the aftermath of their fight between them. Mustering up the effort to stand, they both squared off again.

It appeared they were going to do one last assault on eachother. Rushing forward with considerably less speed than before, they lashed out. Their punches both missed their targets, and had struck the others face instead simultaneously. With their exhausted states, neither one could withstand the blow. Someone had a broken nose, since I saw a bit of blood from my vantage point on the balcony. Both lay unmoving on the floor, with the hair they had severed from each other scattered around them on the floor.

"If neither of you get up within the next ten seconds, I will declare this match a draw" Hayate said.

Naturally, they were both unconscious from their efforts and both of them neither lost nor won the fight.

"Awe, poor Sakura, too bad she couldn't win" Naruto said.

"It was a hard fight for both of them. After all, they've been friends since childhood. How would you feel about fighting Kari, Naruto?" Asuma asked.

"Uhmm… I don't know. It wouldn't be fun" he said quietly.

Both girls were taken to the infirmary and the next contestants were announced. No time to talk between rounds huh?

Tenten vs. Temari.

I had no idea if this would be a good fight, since I had no clue on Temari's abilities. I think Tenten specialized in ranged weaponry. Considering the other two Genin from the Sand Village were pretty strong, it should be at least somewhat interesting.

"You can do it Tenten! Send her back to her village on a stretcher!" one of her teammates said. They were rather loud. How did we get stuck beside a cheer squad?

When the match started, Tenten jumped back a fair distance, apparently judging how far she could throw. She tested the waters by throwing some shuriken at Temari, which appeared to miss. I saw what happened though, as I suspect all the Jounin did as well.

"I missed?! But how?" Tenten exclaimed.

"What was that? Just a warm up?" Temari taunted.

Tenten hadn't actually missed, not quite anyway. Temari had dodged and knocked the shuriken away with such speed that it only appeared that Tenten missed. It didn't even look like Temari moved. That was a good showing of how this fight was going to go. It seemed that the Sand Village had a top notch training program for their young Ninja. One day maybe I could go there and learn a thing or two. Probably not though.

Tenten continued by running around Temari, and jumping into the air while releasing a scroll. As she spun in the air, the scroll spun around with her, creating a spiral. She then began to pull weapon after weapon out of the scroll, each creating a puff of smoke.

Temari calmly waited in the same spot she had been since the start of the fight, looking amused. When most of the weapons had been thrown, she simply waved her fan at the same speed from earlier, causing all the weapons to fall to the ground uselessly. Again, Tenten was shocked; evidently she wasn't used to missing her targets. Compared to the guys from the forest that Gaara and I fought with their senbon rainstorm, the amount of weapons had been trivial.

Surprisingly, Tenten did the same thing again, except with an additional scroll. She apparently thought that adding more weapons was the answer. It wasn't. Her attack ended in the same result, with one exception: this time she had added wires to all her weapons, and tried to attack Temari again. It also failed since Temari just swung that massive fan of hers to create an equally massive gust of wind to blow them all away, also knocking Tenten to the ground.  Temari had opened her fan all the way to reveal three purple circles on it that she called moons. They didn't look like moons at all.

She swung her fan in a circle, obscuring her body from view, and after completing her circle, she seemingly vanished. What I don't get is why? She vanished, only to announce where she was a few seconds after, gliding on her fan that was now in the air. She had the perfect opportunity to get a sneak attack, and ruined it by telling Temari where she was. She also lost her air superiority by immediately landing in front of Tenten before using her Jutsu. Was that whole thing just some intimidation tactic?

"Wind Scythe Jutsu!" Temari said, finally making her own attack instead of just being on the defensive.

Her fan created a huge cyclone that reached to the top of the arena, taking Tenten along for the ride as it grew. I and a few others could tell that it was controlled by her chakra. The wind inside kept constantly slicing her until she eventually passed out. When the Jutsu ended, she was in freefall, and with no one to stop her fall, she landed back first on Temari's fan. Tenten landed so hard, she coughed up some blood as she was bent over backwards on Temari's tool. I wasn't sure if landing on the ground with weapons scattered everywhere would have been better or not.

"Because she is unable to continue the match, Temari is the winner." the proctor announced.

To add Insult to injury, Temari was about to throw Tenten to the ground. Luckily, she had a good teammate in Lee, and he sprinted to catch her. Needless to say, he was furious.

"How could you?! Why would you disrespect someone who tried their best?" Lee yelled.

"If you're feeling bad, go take that piece of garbage and throw her away." Temari said with a sneer.

"How dare you!" Lee said again, before sprinting to throw a kick at Temari, who blocked it with her fan.

"Lee! That's enough, save it for later!" Guy said, appearing behind lee.

"But Guy Sensei, look what she did to Tenten!" Lee exclaimed.

"I know. Listen up you Sand Village Ninja, you all have no Idea what lee is capable of, he hasn't fought yet. It would be a good idea to not piss him off. After all, he'll probably end up beating all of you." Guy said, pumping up his student.

Taking Lee and sending Tenten off to the infirmary with the rest of the contestants who lost, he returned to his spot on the balcony. The next match was determined.

Shikamaru Nara vs. Kin Tsuchi

Ohh, this would be interesting. I had no doubt my brother would win, however seeing what strategy he would use was always cool.

"Let's get this over with, it's such a drag already" Shikamaru said to no one in particular after he got to the middle of the arena.

"Hmph you'll be dead soon enough. So don't worry about it being a drag" she said.

As she finished talking, I found myself gripping the railing. Hard. If she killed Shikamaru, I didn't care if it was just an exam. I would kill her and her compatriots in the most painful way I could think up. With Xorrion here, they would beg for death before I was finished. All of a sudden, I felt a hand on my shoulder and the whimper of a puppy. I looked over and saw Kurenai.

"Kari, are you alright? You're trembling and your chakra is going wild." she said. From the look on her face, she must have thought I was under a Genjutsu and had tried to dispel it.

"Not really Kurenai Sensei. If she does kill Shikamaru… There will be a bloodbath involving her and her team. No one touches my family" I said with defiance.

"Loyalty to your family is good, but be careful. It could get you killed one day. Besides, Asuna would step in before it came to that, so you don't need to worry." she said with a smile.

"Yes, I suppose you're right. I was just letting my emotions get the better of me." I replied. Stupid pre teen body. I was never this emotional back on Azeroth.

I looked back over and it seemed the fight had begun, however Shika's opponent seemed distracted. She kept looking over in my general direction. Why? I hadn't done anything. Yet. Unfortunately Shikamaru's fight didn't last long; she had underestimated our clans shadow control, calling it stupid.

She had attached bells to senbon, causing them to ring periodically. Once Shikamaru had seen them, she'd made him think he'd have to worry about senbon without bells. The real threat though was the thread she had attached to the bells. Apparently the bells would ring with a peculiar frequency that would mess with your inner ear, causing balance issues and a host of other problems. One of which was supposedly hallucination. While Shikamaru was "fooled" by her illusions that only he could see, he had been stealthily moving his shadow along her string so she wouldn't notice.

Once she was caught, it was a simple matter to end her from there. She was so distracted with trying to kill my brother that she hadn't realized there was a wall right behind her. So making a performance of throwing a shuriken at her, while she was possessed by his shadow, she had to do everything he did. So while she thought he was throwing a shuriken at himself, he actually made her smack her head against the wall behind her when Shikamaru bent backwards to dodge.

Shikamaru's team erupted into cheers, and surprisingly I found myself among those cheering for him. There was no doubt in my mind that he was going to win. Apparently the organizers of this little show were eager to move things along. The next round had been announced.

Naruto Uzumaki vs. Kiba Inuzuka

They both Naturally cheered, but for different reasons. I had heard Kiba list off the remaining opponents he could potentially fight, and he hated all of his options. Especially Gaara, the homicidal redhead with the gourd on his back. I think I even heard my name, but why would he say that? I had already fought so there was no chance I'd fight him. At least in this match.

Kiba cheered because he got to fight someone he thought would be easy to beat, and Naruto cheered because he simply wanted to fight someone after standing around for so long. Kiba wasn't the only one though. I could hear quite a few people saying how lucky Kiba was for getting to fight Naruto. Idiots. All of them. The sheer amount of stamina that Naruto had made him almost unbeatable by these kids. The only one I think that would win would be Gaara, since he would just kill Naruto without trying to fight fairly.

When they got to the middle, they started the routine I'd come to expect: a round or two of shit talking. Naruto also made a complaint about Akamaru getting in the way. Oh Naruto you lovable little idiot. If you only knew how deadly someone like Kiba could be with his animal companion. I'd seen Hunters take out legions of soldiers, with only their animal companions by their side. Naturally Kiba took offense to Akamaru being called useless, which only made him angrier. An angry and scared animal made for a bad combination.

Wasting no more time Kiba started his attack.

"Ninja Art: Beast Mimicry" Kiba said.

What happened next kind of surprised me. It was the first taste of Azeroth I'd seen since coming to this world. Kiba used his chakra to mimic the traits of a beast. Demon hunters did the same thing except they did the whole takeover to demon that warlocks used to be able to do. Did the Inuzuka clan hold the key for me to unlock the ancient demon art?

Kiba's fingernails became claws, his face took on some more feral features, and his voice became slightly more guttural. When his transformation was done, he attacked Naruto with much more speed than had been displayed so far in the arena. Before Naruto could blink, Kiba had elbowed him in the gut, making the air whoosh out of his lungs. Naruto flew back quite a distance and rolled to a stop.

Everyone looking were surprised, despite the fact that this was the outcome they had expected. After all, how could Naruto be done in with one shot? As Kiba was walking away with a smile on his face after telling the proctor to end the match, Naruto stood up. Everyone except Kakashi and I were surprised.

"Don't you ever underestimate me!" Naruto declared, to the surprised face of Kiba.

"Oh look, another tough guy act! Look at you, you can barely stand. What are you gonna do?" Kiba said.

"I just wanted to see what you've got! Frankly you hit like an old lady!" Naruto taunted with a smile.

"Alright, try this on for size" Kiba said, throwing a smoke grenade.

After the grenade went off, a bunch of purple smoke clouded most of the arena, and no one could see what was going on inside. Naruto kept taking hit after hit on various places on his body before deciding it was time to leave. He was stopped by Akamaru pouncing on him as soon as he left the smoke, pushing him back in.

When the smoke finally dissipated, Naruto was laying on the floor with a happy looking Akamaru sitting next to him. I could tell something was off though, cause the Naruto on the floor wasn't breathing. Akamaru looked a little too happy considering the last several hours. The little pup rushed forward to embrace Kiba, only to latch on to his arm with a vicious bite. Ahhh, so that's what happened.

"What the hell Akamaru? What's going on?" Kiba asked his partner.

A very human laugh came from the dog instead of a response to Kiba.

"Hahaha, jokes on you Kiba, your puppy couldn't beat me." Naruto said, as he transformed back into himself from the dog.

Once again there were murmurs in the crowd about how they weren't expecting this kind of thing from Naruto. Maintaining a transformation jutsu on top of a clone jutsu was supposed to be out of his skillset. Evidently not though.

"You! What have you done with Akamaru? Where is he?" Kiba asked frantically.

"He's over here!" Naruto said, holding Akamaru up in the air by his paws. C'mon Naruto, yes he's a ninja hound, but that's not good for him.

"You better let him go Naruto, or you'll regret it!" Kiba said, throwing something for Akamaru to catch in his mouth.

Suddenly, Akamaru started changing. He got slightly bigger, his teeth got sharper, and his fur was turning a deep crimson red. Interesting. What was that he ate? Naruto apparently mirrored my sentiments; telling the proctor Kiba cheated. He was shot down however since the thing he ate was considered a tool, just like a Kunai or something.

"Those are food pellets. Designed by the military to allow soldiers to fight for three days and nights non stop without rest. The downside is you get extreme anxiety and exhaustion afterward" I heard Choji explain to his team.

"Kiba already fights like a wild animal, and his chakra is already strong enough. The thought of his chakra doubling is kind of scary; it's a perfect tool for Kiba" Asuna was saying.

Interesting. Very interesting. I wonder what it would do to my chakra? Would it double it like it had Kibas? Or would I get a lesser effect since I already had so much of the stuff? What would it do to my demons if they were to eat them? My imp doesn't use chakra, and neither do any other of my demons. They all used mana. Would their mana be converted to chakra once they got here? Or would they have a weird combination of mana and chakra? If that was the case, would they be more powerful once they got here? I didn't have to worry about this with Xorrion since he didn't use any mana. So many questions, and no way to answer them right now.

After Akamaru was done transforming, he immediately horse kicked the Naruto holding him, dispelling the clone.

"What happened to the puppy? Why is his fur all red?" Naruto asked Kiba.

"Don't worry about it, you won't be conscious long enough to need to." Kiba said, going on the offensive again.

Akamaru jumped onto Kiba's back and they started their jutsu.

"Ninja Art: Man beast clone!" Kiba said. Akamaru turned into an exact copy of Kiba, and they were able to attack in tandem. I was curious as to how this was different from a normal transformation Jutsu.

Kiba went after Naruto several times, even running on the wall at one point, attacking and trying to put Naruto off balance. Eventually Kiba decided he wanted to end it now, and did one of his signature Jutsu

"Get ready Naruto! This is it for you! Man Beast: Ultimate Taijutsu Fang over Fang!" Kiba yelled.

Both Kiba and Akamaru began ro rotate at extremely high speeds, enough to look like mini tornadoes that darted all over the place. After the Jutsu hit Naruto, he looked quite beat up. He was even bleeding from his head somewhere. This time Naruto stayed down slightly longer, but after twitching for a bit, he started mumbling with his face on the floor.

"I will be Hokage some day. Believe it. I won't lose here!" He said.

"How are you gonna be Hokage with your face in the dirt? Do you really think a weakling like you could be Hokage?" Kiba said, laughing hysterically.

As if to spit in Kiba's face, Naruto slowly stood up, slightly wobbly. Despite the blood streaming down his face, he still was smiling widely.

"I'm the top dog around here." Naruto said, causing me to roll my eyes. As if. He was strong, but nowhere near the top dog.

"We'll see about that!" Kiba said, attacking again with Akamaru by his side.

As he began his attack, he started his Fang over Fang up again, constantly going for Naruto. This time, Naruto was more ready for hit, and while he mostly dodged, he still got hit. Landing on the floor, it seemed Naruto had been able to negate most of the damage while he was trying to dodge. He got up almost instantly, not letting Kiba get at him while he wasn't looking.

Getting fed up with going nowhere, Kiba tried using his smoke bombs again. After the bombs went off, Naruto was once again engulphed in purple smoke. Kiba continuously launched Fang over Fang again and again at Naruto inside the smoke. No one could see what was going on inside the smoke, so we had no clue if Naruto had managed to dodge any, or if he had taken them all full on.

This went on for a bit until Naruto finally seemed to do something inside the smoke that caused Kiba to stop his attack. As the smoke cleared, it revealed three Kiba's and no Naruto. So that was his plan huh? He'd have to beat Kiba's nose somehow though.

"So, you may look exactly like me, but I know exactly which one is you" Kiba said, punching the one he thought was Naruto. Only for the one he thought was Naruto to transform into Akamaru.

"What the hell?! So it was you!" he yelled, rounding on the other version of himself and punching. This one also revealed an Akamaru. Kiba was totally enraged. He had no idea which one was his companion, vs which one was Naruto and he had just struck his friend.

"Well this is coming from the original class clown after all" Kakashi said.

After the few moments it took for Kiba to process what was going on, Naruto had transformed back into himself and got his first real hit on Kiba. Naruto booted Kiba right in the chin, knocking him back some distance, landing him right next to Akamaru. I could see the fury on Kiba's face for hurting Akamaru. I could totally see where he was coming from. If someone had made me hurt one of my demons, I'd be enraged too.

The anger seemed to fuel Kiba, with the injury of his ninja hound, Kiba was even more ferocious than ever. He relentlessly attacked Naruto, landing hit after hit on him, knocking Naruto down over and over. Naruto just kept getting back up after all the abuse, and while he got the occasional hit in, overall it was Kiba beating the crap out of Naruto. Apparently Naruto had had enough of the situation and was preparing some secret move he'd come up with.

Naruto had managed to get into his stance that he was going to use for the Jutsu despite the beating he was getting. As he was about to cast, Kiba came up from behind Naruto, and of course, Naruto let rip a raunchy fart right into Kiba's face. Kiba; with his hyper sensitive nose, was retching on the floor, totally unable to act.

The room was completely silent in utter shock. Well.. except for the sound of someone laughing. That someone was me. I could barely breathe; I was laughing so hard. Tears were streaming down my face and my sides hurt. Xorrion had nearly considered Naruto's fart an attack on me since my body was in pain, until he realized that there was joy as well.

'Master, are you alright?' Xorrion asked.

'Yes… I'm… fine…' I replied in between gasps of laughter.

"NARUTO!!!! THAT WAS DISGUSTING!!! Besides, look at what you've done!" Sakura said with incredulity, gesturing at me.

"You've killed Kari!" she continued.

"Was that… your new super secret… killer move?!" I asked, again trying to talk through my laughter.

"Don't encourage him, Kari" Shikamaru said.

"Uhhhm, well I can't say I planned it, but oh well. Here we go" Naruto said.

With Kiba still vulnerable, Naruto's fart wreaking havoc in his body, Naruto created several clones and surrounded Kiba. One clone rushed forward and punched Kiba in the face, knocking him off balance, while a few others rushed in and kicked Kiba in the back, pushing him into the air. Another one of the Naruto's jumped into the air to meet Kiba, and while Kiba was at the height of his unwilling ascent, Naruto kicked him right in the face with his heel, sending Kiba careening back to the ground in an uncontrolled fall. Kiba landed on the ground, face first and spitting up some blood.

"Uzumaki Barrage!" Naruto said.

The proctor went over to check on the prone Kiba and declared that he was unable to fight.

"Wooohooooo" Lee shouted at the top of his lungs.

"Way to go Naruto, I knew you could do it." Sakura said.

"What did you do with Naruto to make him so strong in such a short amount of time? I can't believe Kiba lost!" Kurenai asked Kakashi.

"I didn't do much, most of that is his own efforts and training. I just guided him a little. That's all" Kakashi said coolly.

'Damn I can't stand it when that guy is so cool!' Guy thought to himself.

"Who would have thought he would have been able to beat Kiba?" Shikamaru said.

"I knew he would win the entire time" I said, not really paying attention to anyone. I looked around when everything got quiet only to find everyone staring at me.

"What?" I asked.

"How did you know Naruto would win?" Kurenai asked. Apparently unhappy her student lost.

"Well I know technically it's no one's fault that you don't know, but seriously. I've been fighting Naruto for ages, and plus I've seen him fight other ninjas. That kid has some unreal amounts of stamina. Short of straight up killing Naruto, he'd never lose. He will just get back up and wear down his opponent until they are too exhausted to fight. I'd say the only one he'd lose against would be that redhead sand ninja. Merely for the fact that he'd get bored and just kill Naruto. In a match like this where killing isn't the goal, Naruto is unbeatable" I explained to the dumbfounded stares directed at me. Kakashi being the exception.

"Who knew you had that much faith in someone else?" Shikamaru said.

"You would if you paid more attention you lazy bum" I yelled at him before tackling him to the ground and putting him in a headlock.

"Hey hey easy, I give! I give!" Shika said, as I let him go.

"Besides. I had absolute faith you'd win your match too" I said to Shikamaru as I walked away.

I didn't see the surprised, yet immensely pleased and happy look on my brother's face. The next match was to start soon.

Hinata Hyuga vs. Neji Hyuga

Oh you sadistic fucks.

11