Instant Friends
535 2 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It didn't take me too long to finish up in the bathroom. The one good thing about having untamable hair was that it saved me the time and effort of having to style it everyday. The best I could do was a ponytail if I tried but I usually liked to leave it free. Though I carry a band with me just in case.

I settled on wearing a plain white tank top and a pair of baggy light gray pants which I then tucked into my boots. Next I put on my brown training gloves then wore my darker gray training gi over my tank top. Finally, I wrapped my tail around my waist like a belt, put on my glasses and I was good to go.

Melissa gave me a knowing smirk once she saw I returned to my base state, but I chose to pretend I didn't see it to save myself the embarrassment.

Thankfully she chose not to comment any further, instead opting to offer me a quick breakfast so we could get on the way.

"Mom had to leave a little early today. Said she probably wouldn't be back until tomorrow so we're on our own for dinner tonight." Melissa helpfully informed me in between bites. I had been wondering about that since she usually tries to make us breakfast in the morning but I was used to her sporadic schedule.

"It's probably for the best anyway. If we get accepted into the school we'd have to live on campus anyway, right? It'll be up to us to get our own food from now on." I said after giving it some thought.

"Hmm, guess you're right. Living on campus is optional from what I hear, though it's heavily encouraged. Something about safety if I recall correctly." Melissa added, already having finished up her meal and putting things away to be washed when we got back. I wasn't too far behind her, being a fast eater myself.

"Ready to go?" I asked, placing my hand on her shoulder. Just to make sure she had all she needed. Unfortunately, without mom home, we'd be walking back today. So no return trips.

"Yup, all set!" She responded happily, bringing a smile to my face as well. It was a wonder how we didn't get along very well in our childhood. I'm really glad we've grown so close over the years because I really don't know what I'd do without her.

Giving her a nod, I place my index and middle finger against my forehead and close my eyes to focus. Luckily I already knew the general location of UA so it didn't take long to find the place with the most people congregating in the area and picking some semi random person to focus on.

With no more words to be said I selected my target and next thing you know, we both disappeared from our home in an instant.

-_-_-

Arriving at the school took just as long as it did to leave. Instantly. Like many of the techniques that have existed in my head for as long as I could remember, the instant transmission was a rather broken ability that let me instantly travel to any location I could sense the energy signature of another living being at.

Quite frankly it was strong enough to be a quirk on its own for someone else, but for me, it was only a sub skill of a much greater one that my quirk allowed me to harness.

That said, it didn't come without its own set of flaws either.

"Ahhhh! What the heck!" I heard a girl scream as soon as the transmission ended, drawing curious or concerned glances from the rest of the gathering students. Before my head even turned to her I could sense that she was the person who's energy signature I locked onto to transport here.

A neat detail about a persons' energy signature is that each one is unique. On top of that, you can sort of get a sense for who they are, what they're like and in some cases, what they can do. I picked this girl because out of everyone currently present at the school, she just seemed really warm and laid back. I didn't want the person I jumped to to get upset or cause a huge scene. Especially since it was technically an illegal use of my quirk, though I can get away with it since I technically didn't USE it in public. A loophole a lot of warp quirk users like to exploit or so mom says.

"Sorry about that, are you okay?" Already used to dealing with this downside I started with an apology just to get it out of the way. No need to be rude after suddenly popping in on someone and scaring them.

"Ahh...yeah, I was just super surprised! Warp quirks are really rare!" The girl replied, taking a steadying breath. While she was doing so I couldn't help but to notice how cute she looked.

She is a short girl with a slender yet curvaceous figure. Fair-skinned with a perpetual blush on her cheeks from the looks of it, that or she's just really embarrassed or aroused right now. Her eyes are large and round, their irises a warm auburn brown, with rather thick upper eyelashes, two longer and more prominent ones protruding outwards on either side and fewer but more individually pronounced lower eyelashes.

She has shoulder-length bobbed hair about the same brown color as her eyes. Her hair also curved inwards at the ends with two longer clumps taking the same shape on either side of her face, and short bangs that reach roughly a quarter of the way down her forehead.

Overall she looked like how one might describe a sentient marshmallow or a cinnamon bun! At least that's what I think, then again I am still a little hungry…

A sudden jab in the side from Melissa made me notice I may have been ogling her a bit too long and judging by her fidgeting and the increasing blush taking over the girl's face, I think she noticed too. Crap.

"Um, sorry, ahhh, I'm Kayle! No! I mean I'm Shield? Er, Shield Kayle? Nice to meet you." I nearly shouted out trying to recover from that embarrassing moment reaching out my hand for a handshake, only to forget we're in Japan now and I needed to use my last name first and they typically don't do handshakes for greetings! So much for first impressions.

"Oh, I'm Uraraka Ochako! It's nice to meet you too!" The girl recovered a lot quicker than I had and gave a million watt smile with her greeting and even took my offered hand, shaking it up and down excitedly.

This girl…was totally in my strike zone! Granted there weren't a lot of girls who weren't but she was definitely ticking a lot of my preference boxes! Really cute and bubbly, curves to kill for, and willing to ignore all my blustering about when I'm not transformed! I doubt she's single but maybe I should try to get her number, "Ahmmm" aaaaand I've been holding onto her hand too long haven't I? Nice going, Kayle.

Quickly letting go of her hand, I tried to laugh it off as a joke but I'm fairly sure I wasn't very convincing. Melissa chose this time to make her presence known instead of just watching me suffer with barely contained laughter.

"Hehe, sorry about her, she has a bad habit of checking out cute girls. I'm her sister, Shield Melissa. Pleasure to meet you, Uraraka. It'll be easier if you just called us by our given names, by the way. We don't mind." Melissa teased, giving me a wink. Realizing she was playing wingman made me facepalm and groan with my head in my hands. This is mortifying. I'd totally just transform and be done with it if I didn't need to save my energy for the exam.

"C-Cute!?" Hearing the unexpected squeak gave me a bit of courage to take a peak and doing so let me see the interesting sight of a full face flush I don't usually get to see untransformed. Oh god and she looks easy to tease!? This girl is definitely one of my types.

Too bad she doesn't also look like she could push me down and put me in my place in my base form. As if anyone that perfect actually existed. If they do exist though…

"O-Ochako is just fine with me as well. A-Anyway! We should probably get moving right? Don't wanna be late for the exams!" Ochako recovered while thankfully changing the topic allowing me room to recover myself with Mel thankfully moving on herself, seemingly done having her bit of payback from this morning. What she doesn't know is that I fully intend to get her back for this, even if she did help break the ice with a cute girl.

I just hope I won't be forced into any more awkweird situations until then. My social endurance stat isn't high enough to handle any more.

_______

[A/N: Just so people don't think I'm dragging the entrance exam out too long, keep in mind I want to focus a bit more on the "Academia" part of the story so don't expect the entrance exam to be exactly the same as canon. I mean it really is a little silly that only punching robots is how they determine who gets in and who doesn't. Nezu should be smarter than that. Then again, I always kind of saw it as him saying those without direct combat quirks needed to put in a bit more effort or should focus on rescue, but it's really dumb to have them in general ed as a result and get left behind. I digress. Expect changes. Love you all, enjoy~]

17