Talk with Mikan
4.5k 12 152
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Ryoto's pov)

I was sleeping in my bed. After yesterday's events, I was mentally exhausted. Not only because of my fight with Zastin, which was quite fun, by the way, but also because I failed the quest. It would be fine if it was only that. I would still be sad seeing my reward go away, but I could live with that.

The real problem is punishment for the failed quest. I would randomly Rickroll people that don't sound so bad on paper, but living like this for a week can become very annoying. The worst part of it, though, is Karen, who would laugh at every time it would happen.

Ryoto: "Yaaaaawwn!"

I stretched out my arms, wiped my eyes, and looked at the person beside me. There was a lying pink-haired naked girl in my bed. It was Lala, and it looked like she was starting to wake up.

Lala: "MMMM! Ah... Ryoto, morning."

Ryoto: "Morning to you too, Lala. Did you sleep well?"

Lala: "Yeah."

Lala still looked sleepy. She looked cute, so I decided to give her some headpats. She seemed to enjoy it.

Ryoto: "Why were we sleeping together?"

'Not that I'm complaining.'

Karen: "Of course, you wouldn't."

'Don't roll eyes at me.'

Karen: "Or what, you are going to fail more quests?"

'One of these days, I'm going to find something that I can use against her.'

Lala: "Because I wanted to sleep with you, Ryoto."

Peke: "And it's hard for me to stay as Lala-sama's costume all the time. That's why she's naked."

*CLICK*

I heard the door opening.

Mikan: "Ryoto, how much longer are you going to be sleeping? You'll be la-"

She saw her brother only wearing his underpants with a naked girl in his bed. It would probably be a little shocking, but Mikan just stood there without expression.

Mikan: "Sorry for bothering you..."

Ryoto: "Wait, Mikan, I'm never gonna give you up..."

'God dammit'

I slammed the floor with my fist, which made a hole. I forgot about my spider strength.

To be honest, it doesn't matter if she saw me, but I don't want to get some strange title. Karen wouldn't shut up about it for ages.

I waited dreadfully for a *ping* to come, but it never did. I wiped my imaginary sweat from my forehead as I managed to avoid the worst-case scenario.

Lala: "Oh yeah! I have to go out today!! Peke!"

Peke: "Yes."

Peke transformed into Lala's clothes.

Lala: "Okay, Ryoto. I'll be going out for a while."

And so she flew off somewhere.

Left alone in my room, I decided to dress up and eat breakfast. Outside my room, Mikan was waiting.

Mikan: "Can we talk?"

Ryoto: "Sure we can."

We returned to my room and closed.

Mikan: "What are you hiding? You haven't opened your eyes in two days but act as if you see everything without any problem. Plus, there was that girl just now who mysteriously disappeared from your room."

Ryoto: "Straight to the point, I see."

Mikan: "I can read Rito like a book, he isn't good at hiding anything, but you can act as if nothing happened when you don't want anyone to know, so it's best to just ask you. I know that you're hiding something, but I don't know what."

Ryoto: "You were always very perceptive but are you sure you want to know?"

Makin: "What do you mean?

Ryoto: "If I open my eyes, you may or may not see me in a different light. I don't know if it will be good or bad."

Mikan took a deep breath with closed eyes and opened them with newfound resolve.

Mikan: "Open them."

I nodded and did as I was told. My eyes give a light glow, so they draw attention every time I open them. It's probably not the only thing why it happens.

Mikan seeing my eyes widened hers.

Mikan: "What happened-

Ryoto: "-to my eyes? I don't know. It just happened, but they are stocked like this for now, and I can't walk with open eyes when they are like this."

I closed my eyes once again.

Mikan: "How do you see?"

Ryoto: "I can see through my eyelids."

Mikan: "Really?"

Ryoto: "Really."

Mikan then proceeds to wave her hand before my face.

Ryoto: "I can see you waving your hand, but you shouldn't need to check if I can see. You witnessed yesterday that I can navigate through the house."

Mikan: "True..."

Mikan seemed embarrassed by her action... so I gave her a headpat.

Mikan: "Hey, stop!"

She slapped away my hand.

Ryoto: "Hey, Mikan, aren't you weirded out by my eyes?"

Mikan: "It's not like I'm not weirded out, but I know that if there were any problem that includes the whole family, you would tell us."

She looked really smug while saying that.

Mikan: "But you are hiding something else, don't you?"

Ryoto: "Are you really 11 years old? I've never met an elementary school student so perceptive."

Mikan: "Don't make fun of me."

Ryoto: "Sorry, sorry."

I patted her head once again, but she quickly rejected it.

Mikan: "And stop patting my head as if I was a child!"

I smiled at her pouting face.

Mikan: "Well nevermind it then. If you are ready, just tell me."

Ryoto: "If you really want to know, I can tell you. I just got engaged to a princess from the alien planet. That was the girl you saw a few minutes ago. Besides that, I got spider-powers but unfortunately can't produce my own web."

Mikan looked at me as if I was crazy.

Mikan: "...Maybe you should stay home today."

She put her hand on my forehead.

Mikan: "You don't appear to have a fever."

Ryoto: "You don't believe your Onii-chan. It hurts more than it should."

I grabbed my shirt where my heart should be.

Mikan: "Yeah, yeah, we should go eat breakfast if we don't want to be late to school."

We went to the dining room, where Rito was already sitting at the table. He looked proud to be the first one sitting at the table.

Rito: "What took you so long. Usually, I'm the last one to wake up."

And so we had our breakfast and went to our respective schools.

At school, nothing unusual happened. I Rickrolled 'few' people and got the title 'Rickroll Beginner'. Karen laughed at it a lot. I don't know what she finds so funny in it.

During class, when I was bored, I asked Karen about my titles.

As stated before, ' 'Beginner fighter' makes it a little easier for me to learn combat-oriented activities.

'Headpats Beginner' makes so my headpats are a bit more comfortable to the receiver.

'Finance of a princess' gives me a slight boost to speech and presence.

'Rickroll Befinner' doesn't have any effect.

Good to know.

---

The next day at school was once again dull. Lala came back home with a beautiful smile. She said that she had a surprise for me tomorrow but wouldn't say what it was.

I intruded her to Mikan and Rito. Mikan had a 'you were telling the truth?' face through the whole explanation.

With Lala moving in, our house became more lively.

The next day at school teacher wanted to introduce a transfer student. It was, of course, Lala. But before our old and already balding teacher could do an introduction, Lala was already one step ahead.

Lala: "Yoo hoo, Ryoto!! Now I'm a student at this school too!"

Random student (male): "Do you know Ryoto?"

Lala: "Yes, we are engaged, and we are living together."

Class: "WHAT!!!?"

I saw an aura of all male students flare up at her answer. I hate this cliche.

__________

*PING*

*NEW QUEST*

Mission: "Escape the mob"

Objective 1: Escape all male students who want to beat you up for their crushed dreams until the bell rings.

Reward: 30 SP, Mathematics expertise (university level)

Failure: You're scared of cats.

Duration of punishment: One week.

__________

... I really hate this cliche.

---

END

Discord server: https://discord.gg/cM4bwr5Q3z

152